Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 4 hours.

[2019 Q2] New Racial Legacies
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: [2019 Q2] New Racial Legacies

Taking ideas for new combos to receive racial legacies or the legacies themselves. Legacies always come in pairs and typically consist of one legacy for all levels and one that either stops at lvl 50 or only works against higher level opponents.

Fire shaman and storm zerker are at the top of my personal list.

Last edited by Olyn on Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject:

The goal is to eventually have a racial legacy for each race/class combo right?

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject:

I don't see that as a goal, but I wouldn't be completely opposed to us getting there eventually if the ideas came. The original legacies were for very high cost combos , i.e. drow ninja and elf ranger that gave them additional flavor and helped compensate for that cost with abilities that really made sense, like the drow shadowmeld. Since then, the legacies we've added have definitely been heavy on unique flavor, but also help some weaker combos with additional perks.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject:

I really like the idea like you had for half-elf warrior where we get a choice. Think we can get more of the same concept? You kind of had the same thing going for lawful versus chaotic DK and monk tattoos. And it does change how you play pretty significantly.

I had an idea where enhanced damage is replaced with a skill that causes attacks to ignore a portion of armor. Making it more effective against high armor opponents and less effective against lower. Not sure about what class/race combo would benefit from this the most.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:59 pm    Post subject:

Dwarf druid and some earth shit. Dwarves are like miners/good with the ground so maybe a legacy where when they forage they have a chance to scrounge up multiple shards (like 1-3).

Or something with earth bond where they get extra health from earth bond.

Or some room-based thing. Stealing from the old bard brawl, if a dwarf druid is in a cave they get a real weak-sauce chance (3-8% per round?) at a third brawl attack.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:44 am    Post subject:

All the druid races already have specs.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

I think it might be the right time to add shaman racial legacies.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Hrm. The website didn't have any for on the nice scroll-over table.

And back on topic,

I definitely feel like giant shamans should get some sort of legacy around kick. Like the one that works against high level opponents and disappears at 50 could be a fire-giant kick is imbued with some deific force that has a chance of cursing the target.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject:

I think shaman has been fine personally. They got enhanced damage back in exchange for weapon ward going bye. They can use their big heal in combat as well. Any of them that use things that can’t be disarmed are sitting pretty with relatively basic gear for damage.

So if they got them, I personally think they should be minimal buffs.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Devils advocate: shamans already have boons.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Boons have nothing to do with race, though.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Racial legacies are minimal buffs.

We have been talking about having shamans able to create their own shield, called a "fetish" and I think it would be a good way to canary test that. We were also having some conversation about having shaman able to turn their arm into a demon blade (i.e. a sword)

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject:

Does that fit with the in game lore? Shamans can’t use swords. I’m not opposed to it but it seems to me that it should be a weapon that they’ve always had or an exotic.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject:

It was intended to buck that

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

Sorry I’m not sure what you’re saying, is this a precursor to allow shamans to use swords are you saying this is on purpose? Would it have unarmed as a skill check, the spell itself, or sword which they won’t have proficiency in? If you’ve already decided and this is a play it for yourself situation that’s fine too.

1 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject:

shamans wielding swords or any skill with too much flavor rubs me the wrong way, shamans should wield stereotypically cleric spells and focus on heals and mals. They should chase down and kill enemies who are exhausted from their mals and their diseases. I'm wary of giving them any weird shit, especially stuff to do with weapons. Last time I looked at shamans I decided the most important thing to do to them was buff plague and rebalance the spell that does damage based on lost CON because it's too weak.

I think I also wanted to let them able to cast cure critical in combat, disarm to ground with demonic visage, and get enhanced damage back but I think we already got all those.

I don't have the same aversion to this arm sword thing if it's a power associated with a religion because I consider those optional.

0 0 0
Rothak

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 4:43 am    Post subject:

Fire shaman - Wrath of the Gods, enables either more hit/dam from frenzy, or takes away the - AC from frenzy.

As Cold as Ice - when facing a superior foe, fire giant shamans have been known to reduce the damage of incoming cold attacks when war cry is active.

Just a couple of idea off the top of my head

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject:

You can think of is a religion sword arm if you want. I'm just taking a way to get an advantage over a healers mace instead of having weapon ward up. That is a very boring fight

0 0 0
Rothak

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 2:03 am    Post subject:

Another one for fire giant could be enhanced giant strength since they're already giants maybe it could give a little hit/dam or something.

Storm Berserker - Raging Storm - When a storm giant berserker is caught up in a rage, has potential to fling items that are on the ground about, similar to something else I was reading

Storm Berserker - against a superior foe, storm berserkers are known to lash out randomly with their weapons, possible auto-hobble skill or something similar

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 2:21 am    Post subject:

I think Rothak is onto something with the throwing items thing. Could be throwing items on the ground around or an enhancement to the throw skill zerkers already have. Kind of a cool idea. Maybe they could have some kind of boomerang effect where a thrown weapon ends up back in their inventory instead of on the ground or something. I don't know if that's considered too OP for a racial legacy or not.

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: