Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 5 hours.

[2019 Q3] Tower of Higher Sorcery Enchanting Table

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rothak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject: [2019 Q3] Tower of Higher Sorcery Enchanting Table

I remember reading somewhere else on the forums that the whole reason that the enchanting table for a weapon is stupid high on relics is that it has a much better chance of enchanting said item. Well, across a few characters I have used it and never actually got an enchantment. Recently I tried enchanting a level 28 weapon... TWICE! And it failed both times. Perhaps just bad luck on my part, but it definitely seems ridiculously expensive for something that doesn't seem to have a high success rate.

1 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Giving non-invokers a chance to enchant at all is pretty crazy. If you're doing any low-level, easily attainable weapons and you can use scrolls, the table seems like a huge waste of resources. If you're a warrior class looking for enchantments, having a way to do enchant at all seems pretty crazy to me.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject:

its 2019 with low pbase. used to be cake to get 7/7 icicles

2 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject:

I don't think enchants can go over 5/5 unless you get a +2 while its at 4/4

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:58 am    Post subject:

They absolutely can go to 7/7 unless enchant got reworked.

0 0 0
Jyrdivar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject: Enchanting like a pro from a humble follower of Stryth

Someone recently got a 7/7 fiery dagger, in the last couple of weeks. It is rare as I have blown up countless items and 7/7 is not a good goal.

I have mastered the magic and 5/5 is good goal. 6/6 could easily go through 100 weapons and 7/7 should be an accident, while trying for 6/6.

A rare or hard to get item, 4/4 is pushing your luck, but 2 layers is fairly safe. Items blow up, that is the risk.

This has been my experience anyways.

Your humble follower of Stryth.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject:

I was able to get 7/7s more frequently than 1 in 100 tries for sure. I don't know how, but after playing hard enough for long enough I had a gut feeling of how the RNG would behave and more or less knew when enchanting would succeed before trying. Similarly there were other players back then who knew in advance when their assassination attempts would succeed or when they could win a gambler's roulette ball, just by gut feeling.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Luck plays a part. For love of the gods, don’t forget it.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: