Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 3 hours.

Warrior buff think tank
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject:

How about if overhead was like crashing your car into somebody, so you hit the damage right away and then the disarms pop weapons after the rakes wear off

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Berserker dash should be like a car crash. You're standing in a room and a berserker dashes in and t-bones you. You get launched into the next room over (number of rooms increased if there's a big size difference) but your weapons and your boots stay in the room you started in.

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject:

how about riposte skill checks (and actual ripostes) when people fail combat styles/sidesteps type stuff. That might feel less cheesy than "free hits". Its currently every single class. Its sort of a buff to warrior this way in the sense that not everyone can cut you off with unblockable attacks. We could make it a mix of cheap shot/riposte retaliation so that berserkers/paladins/etc dont do it.

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

So help me understand. When a thief uses sidestep and it misses, they get hit by a riposte? Riposte damage is based on the attack that proc'd it, but slightly reduced. So is that riposte going to do slightly reduced sidestep damage? Because that's nut.
Also, you said something about it currently being all classes. What? This is already implemented and all classes do it? So sidestep against ANYONE, and they will do some kind of riposte? Or only warriors?
Combat style stuff: you mean things like hobble, barrage, sideswipe? If ALL classes do ripostes then this seems like a warrior NERF. Because warriors are the ones doing those skills. Now if you miss hobble, not only did you miss, but you eat a riposte?
These are all just questions to help me understand what you're talking about.

If this riposte thing is just something warriors do, like riposte is, then that could be a good warrior thing per this thread. Being able to "defend" a sidestep via riposte skill check seems really quite nice. The damage of that riposte should NOT be slightly reduced sidestep damage tho because that's way too much. I don't know if there's a way to code it so it just returns damage based off a standard attack, ie. a regular riposte damage amount. But that would be more reasonable.
having this riposte work against clobber, uncanny, reckoning, condem, and even the combat style skills like barrage and sideswipe and hobble would be good. Then warriors could riposte berserkers and other warriors.
There may even be other skills that would be reasonable to proc it that I'm not thinking of right now.

Certainly an interesting idea Dav. Nice.

0 0 0
maeve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Shattering throw shoulda been a warrior, not ranger skill.

Make warriors be able to kick channeled spells?

Idk, i just play wow

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject:

I don't really remember the success rate of my overheads on Dakrog. I didn't really play him for that long. It was badass to see them hit, though. I know for sure it was less hits than misses by a wide margin.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Honestly its not even about your hits/miss its about it being viable lag skill. Anyone who hasn't just missed a skill can easily see you lift your polearm for an overhead attack que 1 round lag then hit. Now during that 1 round lag you can 100 percent time the flee. Almost like meteor swarms
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Stephen2Aus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Random thoughts, and 1 idea:
* Berserk does kinda suck, it's so costly. Half my movement, and less parry? For idk... 60hp?
* 2-hand seems like I don't get it yet, or is worse than other 2 styles. Others have covered off why. Overhead crush seems like it'll be hard to use properly in PK.
* Why does 'charge' miss so much against players O.o - maybe my gear is just shit (it is) but skill % is high.

Idea:
* Consider specs that allow opening with a skill you usually couldn't. e.g., what if I could open with 'disarm' skill?

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject:

I'd love to see overhead crush be able to target creatures who aren't in the room (and it hits if they get there after the lag ends). Maybe you get a round or two after the windup to keep waiting for the guy to arrive and it swings any time during that readied period.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Ok.. devils advocate here. I'm just curious, have you guys ever actually been ganked by non-windup overhead? Its pretty easy to see warrior players feeling they'll be fine because they'll still have dodge and a bunch of hp afterwards. I think you'll be surprised to see just how easy it is for a warrior/berserker/etc gank with a skill that is pretty much hellstream/disarm/lag. You'll be sitting on your knees swinging useless punches while the other guy follows up with more mangles on you and makes forum posts about barrage needs buffs if you remembered to wear a shield while levelling as not even the group tank. I am saying I am concerned about buffing this skill.

0 0 0
Stephen2Aus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:00 pm    Post subject:

[quote]I am concerned about buffing this skill[/quote]
No problem, has just been a random thought, and I'm not a good player.

[/quote]

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Have you ever seen a two handed clobber/uncanny attack? Isn't it like the same thing as overhead except no windup?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:14 pm    Post subject:

I'm not trying to shut it down by the way. I don't think it necessary to be a "good player" to imagine how it feels to be on the other side. an auto-charge that never misses is a free lightning bolt without saves check or mana. Just flee. you are a good enough scripter to script the flee/engage

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:18 pm    Post subject:

hamsamwich wrote:
Have you ever seen a two handed clobber/uncanny attack? Isn't it like the same thing as overhead except no windup?

This is where things get a bit more interesting to talk about. Its because you are now talking about skills launching from a class that has a lower hp per level than warriors, no riposte, no fourth, no warcry etc, and theres quite a bit of difference between wielding a two handed exotic from the novelty shop than ultra high average polearms. That doesnt mean they arent strong skills. We have nerfed them. But I would rather have uncanny on a dwarf warrior than uncanny on a halfling thief if I were picking on a brawl day. Also there is no way to initiate with uncanny..

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Another aspect of two-handed uncanny/clobber: there is no windup time unlike overhead crush. Just saying.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Clearly I'm not paying attention. Ignore my above post.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject:

taking away the windup on overhead just lower it's damage to be like sideswipe. do you get a proc attack when they flee?? like pincer or whatever
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Thodar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject:

How about warriors get a version of set parry to make 2 handed style more usable? Similar to the update for Monks 2 handed last patch.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject:

What about warriors having bows though?

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Thoom has 111 duels 90 wins and 21 losses, but warriors need a buff?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: