Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 9 hours.

Guild Guardian Alignment
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 3:10 pm    Post subject: Guild Guardian Alignment

I think there should be no good aligned guild guardians in Seringale.

The current alignment system allows people to hide behind good aligned guild guardians to avoid PK from good aligned characters - that or the aggressor risks being outcasted.

This doesn't just apply to the ability for justice to hide in paladin/healer guild. Anyone can kill one of those guardians and then just sit in there happy as a clam once the guardian respawns.

I think this would be a really quick/easy fix to prevent a shitstorm happening down the road if this comes into play.

Is this worth considering? Is the current system intentional to try to add some dicey scenarios because it's fun and can lead to controversy?

Let me know what you think!

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 3:19 pm    Post subject:

I agree. It makes more sense for the guardians to be employed by the Justice Cabal. Attacks on them could alert the Justices, if they don't already. They should be neutral in the moral struggles that adventurers find themselves in and instead be focused on the protection of their constituent members, or at the very least, protected citizens, while within the confines of areas designated for their class.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 3:57 pm    Post subject:

I am honestly surprised they aren't neutral already... this only makes sense to me

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:30 pm    Post subject:

I wondered about this myself. Seems like an oversight. Or maybe the good-aligned guild guards don't stop good-aligned people from passing.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Why would any Non Caballed evil kill the healer guardian

Log out

Log back in

And just sit there and wait for a knight

0 0 1
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Well, if I'm going to be honest... I did see Ungar taking up residence in the shamans' guild a few times (this was in addition to and besides the healers' guild incident).

I don't know if it's off-limits to discuss this (feel free to invalidate the post if I am crossing any lines), but my memory of the Justice guidelines includes a short sentence about Justices being able to enter any guildhall but this ability is not to be abused. Staying in a guild besides your own when there is no business to be done there would fall under loitering I would think in addition to being abuse of the ability.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Since you're not openly discussing cabal powers, you're fine. But probably good for Ked to chime in here.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Ozaru is fully aware of how to abuse/not abuse the guild rules. He isn't abusing it by being in a different one.

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 1:09 am    Post subject:

So I guess just perks of being an evil Justice hunted by Knights. Got it.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 1:15 am    Post subject:

My response is to what Blackwidow said. I don't care what alignment people want for guild guardians, have them be whatever. Simply being in a different guild isn't the abuse of what that guideline is in place for.

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 1:24 am    Post subject:

The guild guardians definitely shouldn't have an alignment, in my opinion.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 1:44 am    Post subject:

We are talking about removing Hepheus and Surga's exalted npcs because ozaru sat a duergar in the healer guildhall while two wanted Knights raided the cabal.

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 1:45 am    Post subject:

Or. Just hear me out. Or, you could have them serve in the soup kitchen or some shit.

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 1:59 am    Post subject:

Leave them good, but allow good aligns to pass them with no adrenaline.

"I can't let you in there while you're steeped in blood, friend"

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 2:25 am    Post subject:

Well, there may be other thorns to consider. But the easiest way to solve the problem that gave rise to this thread is to boot the Justices that are abusing the guild alignment mechanics, so that way they can no longer sit in the healer guildhall while their cabal is being raided. I actually think its a deny offense, not just uninduct... its a caballed character so it definitely shouldn't be doing this kinda malarkey. Plus might as well deny it since you know the guy is going to delete right after anyway. We have bigger problems to worry about than this edge case of "guy raids the paladin guildhall just to guildsit in it" I think.

1 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 3:44 pm    Post subject:

A deny offense? Really?

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 4:44 pm    Post subject:

So what is the stance on cabal defense? You can go in flee and run away and quit out? Or are you forced to die, because you are really making this into a huge deal that is stupidly annoying. If Nadrin had not involved himself and attacked my cabal guardian I would have fought this completely differently. Like I said his actions really screwed me up and I wanted to just quit out to calm down.

I think everyone can agree that if an evil justice would just sit and not defend would be bootable or deniable offense. You are painting a picture that I did not fight off two paladins who are imbalanced from your shitty testing.

0 0 1
Ozaru

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 4:45 pm    Post subject:

There is a log of Fynth quiting out when Crisbin and another keeper getting wanted on purpose and waiting in their cabal. He did not even try to apprehend them, he just quit out.

0 0 1
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 5:04 pm    Post subject:

That's nonsense, a bug in an imm ability caused me to be attacked by the guardian. I ate 3 dismembers and dealt three injures, before I saw what happened and fled. No one was in your cabal, and you shouldn't have went there anyway. You had just fled in a huge circle way around the world, and when you went inside the cabal, they hadn't even made it to seringale yet. The only reason it might have been marginally ok is there had been a single invasion during the fight. As it is, me being attacked by the guild guard through a bug was NOT me attacking your cabal. I could see you being confused that it happened, but the only thing going on there was I was watching you guys fight, because I was too busy to actually play whatever mort i may or may not have at the time.

I understand getting baffled by what was happening and deciding you wanted to bail. There was a million other ways you could.hab3 done that besides abusing good aligned guild guardians (fact check, your cabal imm didn't have a problem with it.) The real problem people are having here is that you were fighting two 5 star criminals and to avoid them stopping you from logging out you went into a place you knew they could not go into so you could escape. Suggestions are being tossed around to prevent that.

In my opinion, good aligned players should simply not be stopped by good aligned guild guards, Ie if a storm warrior wants to he could hang out in paladin guild so evil warriors can't walk into the guild and murder him without attacking paladin guard.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 5:52 pm    Post subject:

So just for your own edification. I ran around and ended back in seringale, how the fuck do you think I was able to enter the healer guild. I had calm adrenaline because justices can only go into a different guild if they have calm adrenaline. I would have quit out right then and there BEFORE THEY INVADED. But good all davairus changed it so now its 10 minutes to log out. I wanted to leave and not run the risk of being attacked because as i said a million times after you screwed with me I was not in the right space to keep fighting.

No one was in my cabal, but I have seen you and countless other people get invaded on, stand around fight and when the fight goes bad run straight to the cabal guardian and sit there saying well you invaded i can cabal sit. Don't give me that bull shit.

And no people shouldn't go into different guilds. If you want to fix this make all guild guardians equal. Just like when we invaded on Aerysen and he said he had to leave and quit out, I wanted to leave and quit out. Did I send a note, post a log and create a massive shit storm about it. No, sometimes people have personal shit going on and they need to leave. Me sitting in the healer guild was the best way I could think of at the time to just fucking quit and leave the game. I did not want to play, not wanting to play because of what you created and not defending because i was afraid of losing equipment are two different things.

I literally came back i think 30 minutes later and fucking died looted and deleted because of the note and log. WTF else do you want.

0 0 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: