Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 4 hours.

A bonus for learning all skills, spells and songs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grayden

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:32 pm    Post subject: A bonus for learning all skills, spells and songs

I know by learning all my skills and magic missile I lose out on hp and hurt myself a bit in pk, so let's reward those not solely focused on murder.

How about a 200 hp bonus for players who are learned in all available to them?

Bards for example have no incentive to learn some songs, so if they learn them all they get a 200 hp bonus.

The idea being an incentive to not skip most practiced items for a more hp.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:53 pm    Post subject:

I think the delta between 200 hp and total practices is a little off. I'd imagine its around 20 hp difference, not 200

I always practice everything because I ain't no 1%er

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:14 pm    Post subject:

200 is meant to be incentive but the difference is normally more than 20.

Mechanically it could be like a set, everything over 75%, set is Trained in Class, level × 4hp. That way using your trains at level 1 is not worth 4hp.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:43 pm    Post subject:

200 hp is more than a little extreme as a bonus... The only set which gives 200 hp at level 50 to my knowledge is Arcane Gemstones, and it doesn't really count with the set's spellbreak rings added in.

Malicious Beast and Heart of Eternity (which are mutually exclusive due to both having two wrist and two neck items) both give 100 hp at level 50.

Personally, I think it's a reward in and of itself to learn skills/spells/songs that may not be useful in PKing or which have little practical value; some bard had a custom title at one point which suggested (s)he had mastered Ode to Stryth (one of the most useless songs in a bard's repertoire... The marriage song is very situational and only useful for RP purposes imo but it has a special time and place) in the past.

I think the paragon accolade or honor or whatever it is would address this indirectly in-game? The one which has to do with perfection. Obviously, this requires some IC interaction (I wouldn't go around telling people to look at WHOIS in game since that's OOC... Vargan did that and it was among the reasons he was denied an entry in the Hall of Exalted).

If you want to go down the route of mastering everything I can advise you in private, Grayden.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:26 pm    Post subject:

A custom title would be an appropriate reward. Perhaps The Perfectionist or something like that.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:18 pm    Post subject:

That happened before, to a healer, can't remember who/title they got

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: