Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 9 hours.

Racial Legacy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rothak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:10 am    Post subject: Racial Legacy

For avian warriors, breakneck swerve only happens against stronger opponents. I suggest switching this up with the Dive Charge so that dive charge only does extra damage on stronger opponents and breakneck swerve can happen at level 50 fights. The reason I say this is because avian warriors are underwhelming and giving them the ability to breakneck swerve at 50 against other 50s adds a little bit of ummph. Another reason I suggest this is because Drow DKN keep their legacy that has chance to deflect attacks at 50 against other level 50 (or below).

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:53 am    Post subject:

"Because of the legacy's dangerous and physically taxing nature, avian warriors will only attempt this maneuver when facing an opponent more powerful in levels than themselves"

So.. here's my gut reaction. Have you tried staying at level 49? If this racial legacy is strong enough, then it would actually save you getting a whole level, wouldn't it? I see two words in that above sentence that could amount to basically "18 extra hp and +2 luck" which I do think the breakneck swerve would really outperform, and is probably more than worth the level disadvantage. (a sever simplification I admit, but what else are you giving up really? Gambling at the smuggler?)

I do think it might still be worth trying to come up with a reason why these non-50 legacies would work at 50. Like if you were fighting the PK juggernaut or you're WANTED and fighting special guards, something like that. Places where combat welfare would make sense and be obviously needed. "Stronger opponents". Maybe we could make that list and just propagate it through all the legacies, instead of flip flopping , some other player might think dive charge is fine?

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:37 am    Post subject:

Was never a fan of the fact that most legacies stop working at 50, made me pass on very interesting combos because they are made for some niche trash PK not for endgame.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:36 am    Post subject:

I'm agreeing, its a turn-off and buzzkill. Just help come up with some criteria for "stronger opponent" because that much was obviously reasonable, and I don't want to repeat the mistakes. So we could keep the higher level, also add in significantly better gear, some big gap in rating (or just juggernaut rating), and whether the opponents group size is larger. That was everything I can think of for 'stronger opponent'

0 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:10 am    Post subject:

I think that it would be a good idea to enable legacies to continue at 50 under certain circumstances. The most obvious would be to have it trigger if you are fighting somebody with a clear PK rating advantage as a standard and perhaps the larger size could be a trigger as you say.

The legacies are a nice perk and in some cases can make what would be a very challenging race/class combo a bit more competitive and interesting and it does feel like a bummer when you know you will lose them as soon as you hit 50 so anything that can be done to maintain them (at least in certain circumstances) at 50 would be a good move.

0 0 0
Scrynor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Why not tie it to a comparison of hp % with some sort of buffer balancing? Let them be fun comeback mechanics. If you're down by 25% hp, breakneck.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: