Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 12 hours.

Its strythmas wishlist time!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:09 pm    Post subject:

I thought that the Assassin cabal was like the Spanish Inquisition: nobody expects them... And those who do expect them are bound to be disappointed.

0 0 0
Zooka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:08 am    Post subject: RE: Assassins

A general overhaul of neutral cabals to be more inclusive.

Assassins have been mentioned. There was talk of Keepers going environmentally-friendly, but seem sounds a bit restrictive to most classes..

Knights and Legion seem most popular because they restrict to alignment only and don't have strange penalties.

It'd be nice to see at least one quasi-filled cabal of each alignment.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:27 am    Post subject:

I thought the Assassin spy network was an awesome idea conceptually. But I think you cannot have something like that in a game with full looting and set it up so that only one player has unrestricted access. It might be better if the game had an Assassin's lair that any cabal can capture and then begin using the network to scry on their tag.

0 0 0
Zooka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Why not make Consortium a cabal? I mean this is a RP enforced mud so all cabals should be RPing just as much as Consortium do. They don't have to be aggressive if they don't wish to. They are also a perfect fit for the neutral gap. Leave Coteries to patrons, nobles and Strife.

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Making them a cabal would force them to have responsibilities as a cabal. Namely, defending it. While I could get behind forcing the consortium to duke it out to save their item, I doubt active and past members would want to do so.

2 0 0
Heffernan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:33 am    Post subject:

Long-time listener, first-time caller. I have heard that thieves used to be able to backstab with spears, I think that'd be great to have back.

1 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:12 am    Post subject:

20ms ping

0 0 0
paradigm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Allow druids to name their druidic weapons the way dark knights can name their cursed weapons. Ideally less permanently, as they still sacrifice and create new ones for different damage types.

It's little silly to be wearing an epic set of equipment and be wielding <a blessed sprig>

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:42 am    Post subject:

I thought of my wish!

Tattoo self for all!

Right now I think only healers/druid/paladin can tattoo themselves. Tattoos are cool and a lot of the imms either aren't around to tattoo their disciples or are too busy/unaware to do so.

Could that be expanded to let anyone with over like 500 devotion to their god tattoo themselves? That was just an arbitrary number I threw out.

3 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:50 am    Post subject:

3000 devotion or bust. 500 devotion isnt even friendly.

2 0 0
paradigm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Love the idea of tattoo self for all, but 3000 seems high, no?

I've noticed some tattoos are one color and some are two. Not sure what causes that, but it's pretty neat. Could a lower level of reputation like ~500 get them a single colored tattoo, and then it evolves into two colors at a higher reputation of ~3000 or something?

Forgive my naivete, not sure how that coloring works Smile

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:16 pm    Post subject:

I believe there is some sort of quest to get the single colored tattoo at level 50. I have never done it, but i seem to remember it. Caballed people of high rank can tattoo themselves.

0 0 0
varliv
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Pixie or gnome berserker would be fun

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:17 am    Post subject:

Rank 4 of any cabal, level 45 healers, shaman, and paladins can all self tattoo. A decent bar. Show your devotion to your god by offering sacrifices of valuable items and get that 3k.

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:49 pm    Post subject:

non-priest have always been able to buy the un-colored tats, I thought regular priest get color ones. I honestly think colored tats should be earned from imms, not grinded or granted by mob quest. i think you should get the tat first and if the imms like your level 50 RP they can approve you and then you have color filled in. there are definitely people who made Davairus worshipper characters who got my attentioni (deserves the colour tat), and others who just picked it and i never knew they existed because they deleted by level 40. I think we should keep color tats special but totally allow anyone to get those basic tattoos if we dont already. Anyway that seems a bit too much of a lift for wishlist looking at how much time there is left until I want it out of the door.

1 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:30 am    Post subject:

Ok, My old wish got nixed, so my new wish is a way for players to deposit cabal currency. Inevitably when I choose self-sufficient characters, I always end up with excess currency with nothing to do with it. Would be nice to be able to give it back to the cabal for their use.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:02 am    Post subject:

thanks for that update. if you guys could get your last min wishes in do hurry please, strythmas is officially in the present (soon to be past) and I need time to properly code/test these things. It may not look like much but coding hours are blown very easily on simple looking things that turn out to be big things.

1 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Make some equipment more useful again... for example, Demonskin fullplate(adding -15hp is a kick in the nuts), silver platemail(holy shit wtf?), titanium armplates(trash except for Tenor, and it's used grudgingly then)), adamantium spiked shield, storm hammer(useless as as two-hander).
That's off the top of my head..and I bet there's others that have a list in their head for "fix the shit eq list".

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Backup Wish: Guild reward persist through log out(max of 1 log out maybe?). Shit happens with kids/family or work and you have to leave suddenly... sucks losing a reward because of it.

2 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:02 pm    Post subject:

A little late, but...Backup to the backup wish: "Order mercenary(or trainee) stay" to be a command. Sometimes you don't want them to follow you...and they are getting paid for their time, so...

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: