Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 11 hours.

Solo ranking / group training relief wish thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solmundi
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:37 am    Post subject: Solo ranking / group training relief wish thread

Solo ranking relief in the next patch would be nice. I could be easily argued against it, but let's be honest. According to my calendar it's soon to be 2024.

1 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:08 am    Post subject:

Triple training rates while ranking from overlord challenge. This is for selfish reasons, but if we want to eliminate mindless training at the dummies for more ingame interaction. Plus this will take some of the sting from solo ranking as well.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:39 am    Post subject:

What are you guys experiencing that is 'wrong' with solo ranking and training exactly? I cannot see how there'd be any issues up until at minimum having to use the level 36 monster pot, and then maybe the higher mob hp.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:17 pm    Post subject:

My two cents, other people may have a different experience. Let me first say that ranking and training are easy, I normally make a character that can tank and normally log on before surges and usually get lucky with people offering to join. This wishlist idea is purely for those times that you cannot find a decent group, you can't play during surges or you made a character that isn't a tanking machine.

Something that I noticed about when I play monks is I easily have 400k gold in the bank because of training anatomies and a healthy supply of medals. I don't mind mindlessly killing minotaurs or oaken beasts because I am getting training done/getting gold/medals so it feels more rewarding. But when I am training a warrior its just boring as hell to just get a scarecrow and spam disarm or bash etc.

If I could achieve the same thing while ranking or even using noexp to train with other people it would be worth it. I have done this numerous times to train weapons or just try and cash in on medals, but the overlord benefit doesn't seem worth it at all in terms of increasing learning rates. So I will just collect as many medals as I can, then go and train. This has happened to everyone, your group mate hits level 25, bye everyone I am going to train. And usually everyone else logs off. If I can master the skills I need while ranking with other people group doesn't disband and people stay on longer. I look at this like the lectern idea, I used it once and it was amazing. If you incorporate the same learning increase while ranking with others and you can learn from mercenaries/guild trainee who dirt kick and use a weapon that would be really cool too.

Again my opinion the sting of solo ranking and training is simple its solo. I think if you create the incentive that being with other people you increase learning rates more people will log on so in time hopefully you reduce that solo aspect of the game. And if you want that solo aspect then no harm done.

1 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:30 pm    Post subject:

What I am reading here, is Ozaru is saying 'please give me a reason to interact with people in the game, instead of investing 7374859 hours solo training and becoming a beast on my own, but now I haven't made friends on my journey because 13434534 people have ranked in and out of range during my solo training escapades.

He is looking for rewards for grouping with other people to train instead of it being better to solo certain things.

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:15 am    Post subject:

We actually already have this, it is that whole "notice something new in blah's technique" thing. There's also level-based catchup bonus for low skill. of course that doesn't work well for 1-praccing - nor should it.

I like the idea of more beneficial interaction, but, it needs to be something appealing for the entire group. If your groupmates all get a chance to haggle (and improve at haggle) when you are buying potions then that makes a bit of sense. As a potential future rival I really don't find that appealing at all to be enabling easy bash/trip training for you. I would much rather just solo rank than feed the monster. There still seems something to this idea but its just counter-productive for an illusionist to help warriors master bash speedily. Meanwhile you'll still expect the illusionist to have used hastes and damage spells without training dispel magic. That doesn't work for me as a discerning mage in your party. I think that suggestion /wish needs some tweaking.

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Hey guys, solumdi / ozaru

Would you guys be down for doing "dangerous daggers of death" once a week? It would give you a chunk of exp (the levelling) and medals (to buy training boosts), and, of course, loot.

If we have a variety of things like that, which i think we already do, but they can only be done once per week, you could build up a decent amount of exp and medals that way. Similar to the town initiatives board. These would be more like blood god bounties though. As long as they take time and are not spammable things, I think that content would feel less stale and boring, although it would probably have a shelf-life like anything else.

I offer this mainly as I cannot see the difference between having overlord favor fast training and just buying the training boosts. I think the issue with those is only having to keep making runs to the juggernaut to turn boost back on.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Thats a neat idea.

0 0 0
Solmundi
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:55 am    Post subject:

That's fine. I just wanted something where I can log in and get too it with a class I suck at solo ranking with, as time is being a bitch for me lately.

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Dangerous daggers of death?

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:59 pm    Post subject:

To this day, nearly 20 years in, I have yet to complete dangerous daggers without being in the room while someone else did it... haha.

0 0 0
Rothak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:59 am    Post subject:

There’s a trick to it, I don’t remember how I figured it out but it works every time.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:27 am    Post subject:

OK I added this already, I think no point to wait two months. i put this at the eastern monument. if you guys can think of other similarly risky "quests" let me know, as I'm sure daggers will quickly get old. As long as they'll take about 10 min. it doesnt have to be a whole big deal thing. just some kinda daring task. if we can't think of anything else like that, it could be a sign we need more of that as well. Nothings coming immediately to mind for me tbh.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:00 pm    Post subject:

If not already implemented, can I have Ming the Mystical deal out "secret" cards that I have not done instead of having to buy a hundred cards just to find a clue to a secret I have not done?

3 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:45 am    Post subject:

merlandox is that your wish submission

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Yeah!! Thst is my submission. I have been roaming around and pulling my hair out trying to find secrets.

0 0 0
Zooka

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:49 pm    Post subject:

How about shopkeeper quests giving a little boost? Heaps of variety there.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:49 am    Post subject:

zooka can you elaborate on that? do you mean the task command giving exp ?

0 0 0
Zooka

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:17 am    Post subject:

The task command, correct.

You could reward in many different (random?) ways really; gold or other currencies, experience, training boosts, handing out mystery hints for incompleted quests, etc..

I don't see anything wrong with the current system, but it does add some flavor to an otherwise underutilized part of the game.

0 0 0
Zooka

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:21 am    Post subject:

or even scaling up rewards with tasks completed for that day;

complete 1 task; get gold
complete 2; get experience
complete 3; get a training boost

1 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: