Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 19 hours.

Justice Thoughts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeva

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Justice Thoughts

I created this thread in effort to see how everyone feels on the current workings of the Justice cabal. Please write regarding only skills/spells, law, code, etc.

I'd prefer to keep this from becoming a huge flaming rant about certain Justices, etc. so try not to mention any names or personal activities.

I have many ideas for the Justice cabal, so I'm beginning to work on developing them a bit more.

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject:

They are selfish pigs. The end.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject:

You created it in the wrong forum ... again.

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Bwahahahahah! Aeva sucks.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Oh, damn... thanks all of you, I just had a good hard laugh...

And Justices... hmmm... personally I think right now they're a bit too snotty and conceited for the lack of skill that they've been showing far too often recently. Not naming names, but a few of them seem to think that they've got a "Judge Dredd" grip on AR crime, when it's more like "Inspector Gadget."

Don't get me wrong, a few of the Justices seem to be both nice AND competent (yes, I used 'Justices' and 'competent' in the same sentence). However, personally I don't agree with the attitudes of the majority of them, especially in the wake of several embarrassing moments, a la Sithius, Jeigtoft, etc...

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject:

The sithius one was even more embarrassing seing as jeigy can invis himself...Did sithius kill and of the group of justices he charged into? That was so funny. I saw him escape from town after waiting for ensnare to wear off while at awfull. HHAHHAHAHA Stupid justices.

0 0 0
Rezakhan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject:

Going back to the original post, which was to avoid a flaming rant about particular Justices...

I think the workings as they are are fine. The only thing I would say is that ensnare should automatically wear off if the Justice leaves the area--I think its stupid that a Justice can ensnare someone, then run off if they are getting beat and leave the person there ensnared. Other than that, their skills etc. are fine considering their purpose.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject:

The problem with taking on justice is that city guard script, they tend to move in quickly, so before long you're fleeing from guards into more of them. Ensnare is a shadow of what it once was.. gimping that more is really going to help isn't it...

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject:

regarding their code of conduct.... this is a pk and roleplay mud. but it seems strange to see the justices slaughtering the guards that help them protect the town from the criminals... I really think justice should not be allowed to slay the battlement, wall, city guards just for the training. its not a breach of the law but its a huge breach of roleplay... im not sure if thats what you meant by code.. if it wasnt, apologies.

but i do agree with sebryn about some of the attitudes which comes from justice.....
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject:

as I heard Sasarai rp it, "they aren't good enough. Therefore they need to be made better". Of course, you and I both know this is bullshit, but from an rp aspect, it's at least plausible. The one thing that bugs me... I've said it elsewhere too, is the insta-death from justice. I think there ought to be varying degrees of punishment that gimps a character. Losing the ability to wear a shield from serious branding to the arm... chopping of ear and inability to hear sound correctly... cutting of hands b/c... etc etc...

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Uh ... lose your hands permanently? You cannot be serious.

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject:

Clifton isnt the brightest...In fact...Hes not.

0 0 0
Shade_Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject:

sweet_canadian_mullet wrote:
Clifton isnt the brightest...In fact...Hes not.

And this is why you get the ass-end of things.
I was wondering if you could make jail time for people who couldn't pay fines, where you had to be stuck in jail for about 3 days, while connected. This is talking about (relatively) minor offenses though, such as yelling fake attacks, defecating the town, fondling a goat, etc.

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:46 am    Post subject:

I cant really see giving the justice to cut off your limbs a good way to solve the problems, haha.. you'd get a nazi justice who would just cut off both your hands, then your char is useless and you would have to delete.

myabe the jail would bea good way, but people would just walk off and have a sleep or something wake up, and do it again.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject:

I dont think we'll ever do it but its a neat idea though. for e.g. instead of having the current 'fine' offences where people can't afford to pay lead to death, you could just throw em in a jailyard and make them dig or something. So that they get put to work for not paying a fine, and Justices get gold from them digging. They would just stay in jail until they've done enough work to pay the fine off, i.e. dug enough times.

0 0 0
Eldorian
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject:

Problem is that it just means that the guy just sets his char in scripting mode when he's in jail while he watches TV or something. You'd need to find a way to prevent someone from doing that.

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject:

What I was actually talking about was gimp them until death. You know, a thief can't use his hands for the limited time until he died. Of course, justice would have to capture thief, be in the same room as... Temporary gimpage.

Criminal limps in on a peg leg.
Blah says "Hey! It's a criminal, lets do something about his treachery."
Criminal yells "EEk! They're killing a gimp."
Emerald forest nymphs laugh mercilessly at criminal.

Criminal is DEAD!!

as a ghost, limbs are regained. But at least it gives those who are wanted a chance to temporarily avoid death. They lose some abilities, parry/shield block... but it doesn't always mean death. That's what i wanted to stress.

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject:

And how the hell would this in any way assist with game play? You already are wanted...You already are running...Why would assisting the justice in gimping you...Help you in anyway at all if your still going to die for your crimes? And that is what you showed in your last post. And if you DONT die for your crimes then you would just love to fight someone after that...And no matter who you are you cannot deal without Your hands...Parry...Being the biggest thing for everyone. Since every class has parry. And a shiznet of em have shield block/dual wield. This is a dumb idea...And I am normaly not this unhelpfull but this idea realy realy blows.

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject:

actually, you normally are this unhelpful, cuz all you do is flame w/out a damn thought in your head. And no... you wouldn't be wanted. instead of being wanted, you'd be gimped. This allows for people to learn to fight gimped, against odds. And run when necessary instead of being raped by Elite Guard. You're forced to learn or die, that's something ar's missing.

0 0 0
Aeva

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: uh

hrm. was hoping this thread wouldnt take the "more abilities for justice" line....

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: