Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 10 hours.

Louis's Idea Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Louis's Idea Thread

As I did on the other forum, I'll put all my ideas into one thread here.

My old ideas are somewhere on the other forum and I don't remember them so I'll just continue with new ones from now.

BANK ROB IDEA
===========

More of a mafia inspired skill. With all the new changes in the realms, we all know that gold is a major player in our chars' lives. The point is, certain people have so much gold in the bank while others have nothing in the bank. Especially those who don't need gold like healers usually have a bunch in the bank because they don't spend it. So the idea is a skill where if someone catches another PK at the bank, you can stick them up for their bank funds!

ETHOS vs HOMETOWN IDEA
==================

Do away with Ethos completely and just use hometowns instead. Ethos is silly now because being lawful doesn't mean anything except that you don't respect the cabal Justice's laws in Seringale. Let everyone who has hometown Seringale (minus specifically banned races/classes/aligns) to be eligible for applying to Justice. That way Justice will never have a shortage of eligible applicants (although one crime and you're immediately ineligible so you can still put a check on abuse) and second, Neutral and Chaotic ethoses are never rp'd correctly anyway. In this way, we can put Justice on a similar model as New Valour, where everyone who has hometown Valour is expected to obey the laws of Valour, and once exiled/banished, he is ineligible to apply for Knights.

IN TERRITORY IDEA
=============

On a related note, I think Knights, Legions, Illithids, Drows, and any other defenders of a hometown should be stronger in their own territories. Knights have the ability to exile, but still it pales in comparison to Justice and Seringale or Heralds and their tavern. Before it used to be more fair because you had 3 hometowns to run to and be safe (and potentially trick the Justice into attacking you) - but now, especially because Knights, Heralds, and Legions must select a particular hometown, it makes it considerably easy for Justices to gangbang people by leaving a trapper at a recall point while Justices have an easy escape by just recalling to Seringale (while if someone wants to use the law and get away from a Justice, they must run back to Seringale from their recall point).

PK/RP Q&A IDEA
===========

Because people want privacy (so they want to keep their char identities a secret), they may have questions about PK and more so about RP ideas but may hesitate to ask them on the forum. So instead of sending note to Immortal and spamming note inboxes, we could use "RP" and "PK" note mailboxes or a command called QUESTION which pops up a query that sends a note to the PK/RP inbox. This inbox would not field requests for align changes and etc, but rather would strictly be a brainstorming but private forum between the mortal and the imms helping him/her. Typical things you'd see people asking would be PK scenarios like "ok so yesterday I was on the river and I saw a berserker coming at me. should I do this or do that?" .. You'd also see RP discussions like something a mortal asked me in-game the other day: "I was trying to think of a unique elf rp and I don't know whether to have a funny or serious rp style. What do you think?"

0 0 0
Dalero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject:

tell you what, for not so great pker's like myself, who usually tries to avoid ooc connections would love to have a pk forum/suggestion box, because sometimes you just forget to log your fights, or don't see where you could have done better after looking at your logs, or when you just plain get your ass kicked, and you're not sure where to go/what to do to improve while avoiding the traditional flaming boards Smile

0 0 0
Zireph

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject:

Dalero, this is how you get better at PKing.

Try.

I know it sounds stupid and mean and stuff...But you gotta be willing to die alot to get any where close to good. I mean I have been playin this game a long time, and a bastard ninja can still grapple me to death. Chuckle. Just keep dying, use purps, use flight, and try diff shit. Just try.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject:

I thought of this while thinking about dav's other socials thread.

CONDITIONAL SOCIALS IDEA
====================

If/then/else socials that are not arbitrated on the other player would help out roleplay. For example someone might want to shake your hand, and might type in "shake Lydana." but what if lydana didn't want to touch your greasy duergar fingers?

Duergar offers you a friendly handshake.
Will you accept? Y/N.

or, Duergar offers you a friendly handshake. (Invisible Timer begins for 10 seconds).
if the other doesn't type in "shake Duergar" in those 10 seconds, you see this:
Duergar retracts his hand and runs his fingers through his hair.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Even thoe the running the fingers through the hair is funny as hell, I don' think the timmer thing would be feasible, how about they grabbed your hand to shake it, but your repulsed so you just spit on them and say "Don't ever touch me with your greasy nasty duergar hands ever again." Or maybe, "For touching me I should throw you in a lake, you disgusting freak of a dwarf." Yea, thoes sound good to me. Twisted Evil

Grayden Grim

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: