Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 7 hours.

True reason for the neutral alignment...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Vertas wrote:
Clifton wrote:
Dude Vertas... Halflings can be neutral... Being a neutral halfling thief means, oooooh, look shiny, me want, me take (see: Gollum - Lord of the Rings). And I'm pretty sure for a thief, that's a pretty damn good reason. People roleplay their own characters, your view isn't final. Remeber that when you're spewing your complaints. Telling people how to act/feel/speak/... just pisses em off.

you don't understand, I WAS the halfling theif who was neutral, he WAS the halfling druid who was good, attacking one of his own kind... See a problem here?

So by this same logic, a human paladin should never attack another human? Or perhaps an avian healer should never attack, say, an avian necromancer?

While this sounds well and good in theory, the fact remains, this is a PK mud, you may not like the way some things happen, but they're going to happen none the less.

You also have to think from the other players point of view, in that most thieves are greedy little bitches who will attack anyone at random in an effort to "uberize" their own equipment. Thieves are also nearly untrackable, thus making being a trash thief easy. Most players, myself included, will attack any thief, barring those who share a moral similarity with them, namely being good.

Knowing Steve and the way he plays, he was doing one of two things, beating you at your own game, or just attempting to earn a pk fair and square.

Why refrain from attacking someone of your own race when they will more than likely not refrain from attacking you? While that may be the way you play, you can hardly expect others to adhere to that just because it is convenient for you.

Please note, this is not a flame in any way, I'm saving those for later, when I'm not hung over. This is instead an attempt to explain why people attack thieves, regardless.

Of course, I could always relate a story about when my paladin was attacked by an elf thief, but that's a story for another time.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Baer wrote:

So by this same logic, a human paladin should never attack another human? Or perhaps an avian healer should never attack, say, an avian necromancer?

No, the races that have 'siblings' have to be good/neutral not evil as well. And goods shouldn't just attack neutrals without reason, goods aren't aggressive at all. By the way, I found out that Juliauana the dumb halfling who took my gold without giving me the item is in one of my characters pk ranges. I was good and said all this stuff about how disgracing herself by having a group member cast invisibility during a fight so she could flee.

Hear me? Juliauna it seems is using out of range assistance!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Allie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject:

I concur that we are all dumber for reading this thread, and id like to add that Vertas is a dumbass.

0 0 0
Stephen2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject:

Quote:
disgracing herself by having a group member cast invisibility during a fight so she could flee.

It's acceptable by the rules to have a groupmate assist even if out of range, by offering enhancement spells to the attacked. That is in the case that the group is attacked.

However, once the attack on the group is ended, then you cannot continue to enhance the groupmate.

Quote:
the dumb halfling who took my gold without giving me the item is in one of my characters pk ranges.

That's nice, but don't attack her for what she did to another character. That's about the worst breach of RP I can think of.

Quote:
Knowing Steve and the way he plays, he was doing one of two things, beating you at your own game, or just attempting to earn a pk fair and square.

BAER, you ol' sea dog.. YARRR. Anyways, the druid wasn't me, but I wish it had been... Always up for killin' Vertas.

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject:

Quote:
you don't understand, I WAS the halfling theif who was neutral, he WAS the halfling druid who was good, attacking one of his own kind... See a problem here?

Read a bit further in then, halfling here people! In no way shape or form am I saying that a neutral character (forget race) cant attack a good character, but indeed it leaves alot to ask for in the way of role playing. But a good character attacking a neutral character (if unprovoked) is fucking stupid, besides which these two are the same race (although apperantly this holds little appeal with some it does mean something to others). Goods that randomly (and I stress random as unprovoked) attack neutrals are going way out of bounds here.

Oh yes vertas, dont rely heavily on this whole race as siblings thing, that is just not condusive to a long life.

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject:

Plus going around and saying "Oh my dear brother, how I love you so" will get you killed more often than not. Rather, I'd kill you on sight just for the mere suggestion of it. After you're dead i'd go

Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject:

[quote="Stephen2"]
Quote:

BAER, you ol' sea dog.. YARRR. Anyways, the druid wasn't me, but I wish it had been... Always up for killin' Vertas.

This could be fun, I need to find a way to master strangle and assassinate quickly, I am working on the rest. I have gotten some better strategies, and hopefully I can use those to my advantage. I did use a roleplay reason by the way, it just wasn't a real one... Ah well, yesterday I found something out. I saw this fell beserker and thought to myself hmmm. How about I try to assassinate him. Strangle failed so I had to fight him head on. Well I did great, he didn't land a single hit. I dirted him, then when I tried to disarm him he had a cursed weapon. He fled eventually and this stupid shaman stole my kill! And the well earned loot. Well in truth he was just trying to flee the whole time, so I am guessing that the moment you worry about fleeing is the moment everything goes wrong, because you miss things like.

ex. I can set up a decoy here because I am on the eastern wall, I'll cast invisibility on the decoy so they think I'm trying to hide... This works great I have found someone else try it! I guess in some ways we all do stuff like pking someone to get back at them. Well it doesn't matter he still got outside help, oh by the way I asked Torkalen, it is illegal to cast buffing spells on the character and to hide them, including word of recall. So basically you stay out of it, and have o all get all corpse ready so you can save their equipment and thats all.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Stephen2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject:

Quote:
it is illegal to cast buffing spells on the character and to hide them

I believe that's wrong. If your group is attacked, it's acceptable within the rules to sanc/heal/spell 'em up, as long as you discontinue the help as soon as the attack is over.

Davo, am I right?

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Re:

Stephen2 wrote:
Quote:

I believe that's wrong. If your group is attacked, it's acceptable within the rules to sanc/heal/spell 'em up, as long as you discontinue the help as soon as the attack is over.

Davo, am I right?

So your saying that you can cast spells on them, but only for defense, and only if they're in your group?
Another thing, should a neutral Justice really be attacking you and then blackmail you for gold? Tell me if this is wrong, give me feedback. (I don't know why I'm complaining, I can get him back by either gangbanging him or tricking him to attack me in a town, oooh that would be sooo mean.)

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Re:

Gygh wrote:
Stephen2 wrote:
Quote:

Davo, am I right?

So your saying that you can cast spells on them, but only for defense, and only if they're in your group?
Another thing, should a neutral Justice really be attacking you and then blackmail you for gold? Tell me if this is wrong, give me feedback. (I don't know why I'm complaining, I can get him back by either gangbanging him or tricking him to attack me in a town, oooh that would be sooo mean.)

Answer to both questions. No, perhaps it is legal to cast buffing spells on your party, but for a warrior thats very dishonerable... And the second one, no sasarai shouldn't try to bribe you in town, he might get assassinated for this, if I could just get to 50 in time. Ah well.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: