Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 7 hours.

I remembered why I never much liked this game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: I remembered why I never much liked this game

After playing for a whole two days I've decided, fuck this bullshit. I was in town trying to buy some potions when I was gangbanged and looted by some neutrals for absoloutly no reason in my 20's. Fuck that shit, I'm not going to sit around putting up with bullshit like that so I can spend fuckign 2 hours re-equipping. Fuck you all, I'm going back to guild-wars.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject:

P.S for anyone who says I'm being a pussy I've got a simple equation for you. Re-equipping = tedious and not fun. Getting gangbanged for no reason = frustrating. Why would I spend my free time putting up with shit like that?

At least in guild wars I can have fun, battle, go around and get some new skills, battle some more, and never have to spend two hours backtracking just so I can have all the shit I had before.

And before you say you can outfit at your guild, your guild won't get you 11 purple potions, 3 clear potions, 2 potions of protection, 5 misty potions and a set of 6 different weapons to choose.

0 0 0
Wurmknight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject:

I kind of feel like I should explain myself. I am new to AR and the game I come from is a pure-pk with no motive to attack. Now, I understand the RP/PK mix in AR and understood what I did probably was over-stepping that boundry. I didn't do it for personal gain, it was merely for the hunt, so to speak. I don't want you to quit over this though as I didn't want it to lead to this. Although, it's your choice afterall.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject:

Quote:
fuckign

Judging from the typing he's drunk.

Wouldnt be cool if when this happened in Seringale, you could immediately set every cityguard in the town on them, and then chase after them with a HUGE guard of your own. Without even being in the PK range! No BS looking into the problem to see every event that led up to it, who looted what, or whatever.. just kill them and loot back Divsky's shit.

Its called the JUSTICE cabal, and joining it saves me a lot of time, and keeps low levels much safer for newbies.

0 0 0
Wurmknight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject:

So I log back in game and find out i'm frozen..Fine, thats cool, but only if someone is with me momentarily to unfreeze me so this does not happen.

<25hp 507m 244mv 8009tnl>You're totally frozen!

<25hp 507m 244mv 8009tnl>
The sun rises in the east.
You are parched.
Your thirst wounds you.
You sure are BLEEDING!
You are starving to death!
Your hunger decimates you!
You have been KILLED!!

You turn into an invincible ghost for a few minutes.
As long as you don't attack anything.

<1hp 1m 244mv 8700tnl>You're totally frozen!

If you don't think that's ridiculous, then something is wrong with the ones who admin/staff this MUD. I was really getting into the game and I had made alot of friends, then by an action I made which I thought was LEGAL at the time, I get frozen and end up starving/thirsting to my death. I've enjoyed my short stay here, but I don't think i'll continue playing.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject:

The difference between that death and the one Divsky complained about, is that yours was accidental, and reversible since an Immortal caused it. Annoying for the newbies who occassinaly bite it (but its VERY rare and totally reversible). As for divskys complaining, AR's playerbase looks upon aggressive neut with disdain after years of suffering them.. thats the general sentiment about neuts that start fights unprovoked. It really REALLY annoys vets, especially drunk vets... as it circumvents the "protection" spell, which is significant enough in PvP.

Its hard to please anyone when you play a high level neut, so just ignore them all, and try not to be so aggressive that there's a strong case for you being made evil. That or just make evil.

0 0 0
Hrash

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject:

Divsky got killed by a noob! hah!

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject:

I dunno sometimes I think the playerbase will be happier with the old warlord style deathmark system in place for all pks. At least then they will have a chance to talk to their attackers.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: