Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 23 hours.

New Cabal Forum
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Remmenon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: New Cabal Forum

I think Each Cabal should have it's own forum, password protected so that members of that Cabal can talk a little more relaxed with eachother and maybe even get their shit together.. Maybe that'll help fix the rapid deletion drain on Caballed characters. I know for myself I'd like to have a solo forum for a cabal so you can get a better group cohesion and make it more of a boys or girls(Knights of Valour) club. For the password thing though... You could have it so certain people who get in the certain Cabal their forum name is accepted in that certain cabal's forum and so if someone does delete then their name is taken off that list of people allowed in that forum ... or another route would be to have a certain password for that forum and once someone deletes, everyone else is notified of the new password and it's changed. That could be done by like an email or something to those people in the Cabal. also another reason why'd be good for a Cabal forum is so you can discuss certain strategies, and ask questions on certain cabal skills or whatever.

0 0 0
Ace High

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject:

So basically you want something that already exists for OOC purposes. It's called IRC...

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Oh yah?

Oh yah smart guy? Well what room does Legion chat in? Huh? Huh PUNK?!!!

0 0 0
Ace High

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Oh yah?

Remmenon wrote:
Oh yah smart guy? Well what room does Legion chat in? Huh? Huh PUNK?!!!

Uhh, well... it's really not that hard to start a new room for Legion or whatever to chat in, so obviously I am a little smarter than you.

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Yep, that's what I thought

You dont know. Just as I thought smart guy. How would you verify or even get guys to go on Irc? Who cares about irc Guys aren't going to go on Irc to chat live on something because they're probably not going to be there. If you leave a posting.. Like in a FORUM then They don't have to be on when you are, they just have to leave a message... then the other guy just has to check the messages.. when CONVENIENT and that's that.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Honestly I don't see a reason for this. If you want your cabal to know something, it should be put in a note in game. If you want them to know something else that would constitue not completely in game, then you should be smacked. Cabals are a in game organization, obvously, so keep it that way. Any out of game chatting within the cabal would be something like. "yeah, that knight just killed me. Everyone be one at ** p.m. so we can raid their cabal grounds and slaughter them."
not logical.

0 0 0
Trillian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject:

so.. between chat/aim... you want want to make cabals even more OOC? I don't see purpose nor logic to this.

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Well

Quote:
Yah as for being a smelly poopoo head I dont know why anyone would need a forum for a cabal
Yah good one. Here's a question right back at you brainiac. Why even bother having a forum at all? (*being Sarcastic now*) I mean all your needs can be met in notes to the Immortals, or Changes can be posted in the game for you to read, or news or notes.. I mean WHY in the wooorrld would you bother having a forum.. Geez Why Am I even using this? I mean I could just write a note to you in the game or something.. Yah that sounds like a brilliant idea.

Hey Oh I just had an idea! I know why you would want to have a forum.. SO a brilliant rocket scientist as yourself can post a reply about how stupid forums are.. great idea. great.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject:

He wasn't posting to say that forums are a bad idea, but that cabal-specific forums are a bad idea. There shouldn't be any "members of that Cabal can talk a little more relaxed with eachother and maybe even get their shit together"... if you can't handle the heat when you're the only one from your cabal that's on and you've got 2-3 guys against you, then maybe cabals aren't right for you right now.

Warlords and Justice are great examples of cabals that don't require as much connection with other cabalmates. Warlords (for the most part) pick their own battles, and Justices deal mostly with wanted/bountied criminals, which generally aren't that frequent (plus you've got a beefy special guard to help with that). Knights and Legion are the only ones that have problems, only because they're the most PK-intense cabals and they're DESIGNED to be.

The "problems" with a bunch of deleted characters recently probably has more to do with boredom on the parts of the players, those that are looking to try something different instead. I wouldn't propose a place to set up OOC gangbangs and strategy as a means to fix that.

If you want to "fix" cabal relations and have the members "get it together," then just make sure that your cabal character is as active as possible. When other members of your cabal are on, get with them and (here comes the revolutionary concept) practice. Practice running, covering each other's ass, meeting up at predetermined locations, whatever. Use mobs as targets, use cabal chat to refine your communication skills... the possibilities are endless.

I think the solution to any "problem" with cabals not being able to get the job done lies in communication and activity, both of which need to be handled in-game... plain and simple.

0 0 0
Emo+o

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject:

How to practise when I can't even log in AR?

Does anyone has problems logging into AR?

Getting bored...

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Good idea

You made an excellent point about training and rehearsing and Sebryn Which totally RE-INFORCES my idea of having a forum for Legionnaires or Knights so good ideas like that can be posted... So when things aren't going smooth, or a simple question that someone wants to keep inhouse they can post it and have time posting it because I know Legionnaires and Knights are busy either getting their item back or killing someone. The whole point about having a Legionnaire forum or Knight forum wasn't so people could get together and be like " Oh yah I got killed by so and so, Let's gang bang him at 3 pm" Totally not acceptable whether it's IRC or whatever the case let alone a forum. Besides I'm pretty sure an Imm would see that posting and probably punish that character.. or reprimand him somehow. But The idea of having a forum is so Good ideas like training and rehearsing can be brought up, and can be there to be viewed by other people of that cabal.. Instead of a note that can end up being deleted or somehow magically vanished because really.. if it's such a pk intensive thing then who has the time to scroll through a million notes titled with something really ambigious and vague just to get a piece of information.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject:

I can see the benefits of this to the cabals but it doesnt seem to be a very popular idea.. by its very nature this idea needs willing participants... and it doesnt seem to, so it will be unlikely to work. Keep them coming.

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Unpopular?

Well If unpopular you mean three people(which happens to only add up to an average IQ) disagree. And you know what, people that would actually think this would be a good idea are probably couldn't be bothered to post a reply which leaves only the ignorant people to post stupid replies.

But Maybe it's not popular because that option isn't open for people. It's kinda like if there wasn't a forum to post on no one would realize what they're missing because guess what.. it's not there. I'm pretty sure if there was a forum for each cabal there would be a higher retention of Cabal Characters and probably then maybe certain raiding practices or training practices, or schedules could be hammered out. That way for raiding a cabal each guy could know what unique skills they bring to the table and they can each have a certain job to do when a cabal raiding goes down.. or likewise when their cabal get's raided, that way they have more time and organization to actually defend/attack rather then trying to type in the next command to execute while telling the other numpty's in the cabal what they should be trying to do.. example the Guy leading the raid on one of the Cabal's could just say alright, we're attacking the Dark Army.. everyone get set.. Then certain chosen people(People that know what their job is because it was already laid out) can just go to the cutoff point/ attack the guardian/ get the cabal item/ ect, ect. Instead of:

c 'lightning' Goodytwoshoes
<666hp 666m 666mv> goodytwoshoes flees east!
cabal 'Hey dumbass get their stinking item already!'
east
where
<666hp 666m 666mv> <pk>Goodytwoshoes is far far away now because numpty can't get it together.
cabal 'Numpty you stupid piece of %^&$! I'm gonna kill you now'
look
<666hp 666m 666mv> <pk> Numpty is standing right here
murder Numpty

Prime example of this was when I was in the Dark Army and I had three other legionnaires with me leading an attack on the knights with just Navatar defending it.. And we all got slaughtered because everyone was just too damn retarded because no one had a set plan and stuff was happening too fast to try and chat it out while trying to do something else. If everyone knew what they were supposed to do and did it then it woulda probably went a lot smoother.. Then you could use the Cabal chat to just iron out a few wrinkles instead of trying to set up a whole gameplan within two sentences. Trust me if there was a forum things would get alot more interesting in the game and better executed because of it.

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Oh yah, almost forgot

As for willing participants here's a rebutal. If people are posting on this forum in general then there will be willing participants.. Even if there isn't You don't have to be willing to post in order to read.. and to those weak links that don't want improve their standing in the Cabal and choose not to read/post their ideas/suggestions then they will obviously find themselves in the cold because they can't seem to get with the program and they're just standing around like a numpty when everyone else seems to know what they're doing. People in a Cabal I hope obviously join a cabal because they're looking for something more then just looking for the next guy to try and kill... they're looking for a different kind of gameplay and something new to improve on.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: Unpopular?

Remmenon wrote:
Prime example of this was when I was in the Dark Army and I had three other legionnaires with me leading an attack on the knights with just Navatar defending it.. And we all got slaughtered because everyone was just too damn retarded because no one had a set plan and stuff was happening too fast to try and chat it out while trying to do something else. If everyone knew what they were supposed to do and did it then it woulda probably went a lot smoother.. Then you could use the Cabal chat to just iron out a few wrinkles instead of trying to set up a whole gameplan within two sentences. Trust me if there was a forum things would get alot more interesting in the game and better executed because of it.

If you have 4 against 1 and you don't take 30 seconds to plan out an attack, then a forum isn't going to solve your problems - that's just plain ignorant.

Use cabal chat, and don't make rash decisions. That's the only answer you need. Cabals get too OOC as it is... this is just adding fuel to the fire.

0 0 0
Hamp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject:

I actually like the idea alot, you can't use chat because what's stopping anyone from going to any room once they find out about it and we got alot of sneaky fuckers in there. Umm I don't think it should be used as I get on this time and this time every day.. only way that would work is if it was equal in numbers per cabal. Doing the passwords would suck but I know being cabal imm I'd like to tell people shit that I don't want to say in game. Like umm are you using a client??? Shit like that and being in a cabal and having n00bs in it would be much easier out of game to tell them shit then in game. Dunno I really like the idea myself just seems it would get alot of shit done and help alot of people out. That way ooc you don't have to rp an asshole in Legion that doesn't want to help. Dunno i'm drunk but like the idea.

0 0 0
Trillian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject:

Note to Legion
Note Subject Locations/Strategies/Etc..

We need to organize UGODs more frequently. Meet up Knight Cabal at Midnight Monday. We'll totaly pwn th0se n00bs.

... How does notes not fulfill legion necessity to strategize?

0 0 0
Hamp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject:

Note to Legion
Note subject You dumb fucker.
Note edit
You dumb fucker you are so slow, are you even using aliases? Why can't you hit this guy.. do you use saves? What saves are you using, do you gamble eq if you gamble eq using thus and thus stragety you can do better.

Shit like that even though I can do gambling in game, there is other stuff I wouldn't like to do. I don't think you should say, hey I get on on saturday everyone log on. But you should be able to talk to other people in your cabal and ask them shit like what client, if you use this client you can improve your game. Use this stragety, some times you don't have time in game to answer some things and a forum where you can would be helpful escpecially for the n00bs in the cabal. Notes work to a certain point but I still think something like Remmenon has suggested would do some good and can be watched and looked at for logging on times. The only bad point I can see to this is ooc log on time and log out but that can be watched just have it stated you can't do that. If they do you can have a higher up that can see all these forums penalize them.

0 0 0
Trillian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject:

IMHO, I don't think mud client/triggers/etc.. should be a cabal issue. I think it'd be more of a game issue, especially considering the turnover rate. I think strategies can be taken care of in notes. What I see this forum turning into, is just a way to vent at people's idiocracy and short-comings. I doubt that general strategies can't/wouldn't/shouldn't be posted in battlefield forum.

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Good one!

Yah good one marsd.. Two losers vs. one guy who doesn't stand a chance... not too hard to overpower with a few well placed chats.

I'm talking about when It's two or three vs. three or four.
And you're being attacked by an overpowered paladin and your cabal is getting raided and you're trying to run away while trying to get some plan formulated and executed. Hmm try chatting let alone thinking a plan when you're being chased down by a WRATH WRATH WRATH!!

Not "You go that way and I'll go that way" .. I'm talking about CABAL RAIDING! CABAL TACTICS not tracking some slimey slickery mother luver.

And besides, why try and think up a plan right there when You could use a few plans that were posted on the forum that you read before. Obviously then you could leave feedback on those postings on how well those plans worked out or whatnot to do next time. Then EVERYONE in that cabal can improve their game because they read what not to do and that cabal will improve accordingly.

It's like the Field of Dreams people.. and you're all just trying to bring me down because you know I'm right. I mean if there was a forum about whether or not to put up this forum I bet the same numpties would be posting against having it saying:

Quote:
No Why bother I mean people should just learn from the game.
Or they can post a note to the gods and the gods can get back to them.
Or they can just read the changes
Or they can .. bla bla bla bla blablabla bleh

For every reason you guys have against having a forum for Cabals it's the same stupid reason you coulda been saying about just having this forum you're posting on right now, But this forum right now has worked out well and had none of those negative affects because guess what.. THE IMMS MONITOR THEM AND DELETE MATERIAL THAT DOESN'T/SHOULDN'T BELONG. It's all being monitored people.. it's all being monitored.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: