Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 20 hours.

We need some knights!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: We need some knights!

Right now we only have one knight that is even somewhat active. And he hasn't been inducting people. I know for a fact that the Knights have a huge line of people who want to get inducted.. but there's no one to do it. We need a knight imm or something so we can actually start getting people back into the cabal.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject:

I'm fairly certain that inductions and procedures are being taken care of, but if the applicants in question have met all application criteria (including backgrounds, applications, proper rank, other criteria set forth in "HELP KNIGHT", etc.) and feel that they've not been dealt with or observed, try sending a note to immortal or a pray ONCE in-game and see if there's a response.

As for the long line of applicants, a majority of the people I've seen lately that "appear" to be wanna-be Knights haven't met one or more of the criteria - i.e. backgrounds not written, etc.... so that's part of the problem.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject:

I know I meet all the criteria but the one Knights that's ever one just ignore me. I've sent him multiple tells and the only response I ever got was "what".

Other people I know were told "You need to be at least rank 40", which is bullshit. Yet one other person was told "You need to be under rank 40", so he's at lvl 39 and not ranking. And I know those 2, and at least 1 other person who meets all the criteria, have sent applications, and still are either getting ignored or are getting some kind of run-around.

One person is even just getting told "Well you just need to send a note every day" from someone who could be inducting him. Wtf is going on!?

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject:

You must be in a different time zone, then. A lot of the times that I'm on, Mongtufa and Adeiwin are on. Prastin, Mongtufa, and Adewin were even ranking together.

Homi said he was gonna be gone for 2 weeks, should be back soon.

Adeiwin and Mongtufa are both fairly new to being Knights as far as I know, and neither have the authority to induct.

Anyone that has been Knighted knows at what rank that one can be squired/knighted, and plus, just check out the helpfile. The level at what you're squired/knighted varies, too, depending on what you've accomplished.

That someone ISN'T inducting them (if it's the two I'm thinkin' about). You do have to report in every day, to tell Knight what you're doing. The Knight who was going to induct that person deleted right after they squired them, so they have no idea what to do. The person who told them that they needed to report in was right, but they don't know what else to do. Kind of new.

And and imm would be nice.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Although I can understand your frustration with a curt "what" reply to your inquiry/request for interview, he probably said that because he was busy dying or something.

This is exactly what you need to do.

1. have background and desc ready and commended.
2. apply between rank 20-30 with an acceptable application outlined in HELP <cabal>. if you are over 30 you must apply immediately and stop ranking.
3. i don't know if Vaganorth, rank 4, can induct (even if you are 5 you cannot induct if you do not have the Leader tag). therefore you must talk with Groq. He is currently overseeing Knights.
4. the rumors that you need to be over 40 or under 40 are false. the only thing that is true is burzuk's recent note that you must apply before or on 30.
5. you do not need to write a note every time you're on, but it may be a good idea to do so every so often to let Groq know around what time you are around and about how often you are on and what kind of adventures you have been in.
6. pk responsibly around that rank while roleplaying~ show your stuff. have a regard for the pk limit rule (help pk limit).

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Although this has nothing to do with the spanking that Knights are recieving, my feeling is that Healers should be returned to knights. Its a bid odd that they were taken away to begin with in my extremely humble opinion. It would be cool to see them make some sort of return.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Just to clarify something for everybody...

From HELP SQUIRE:
help squire wrote:
Before a person may enter the ranks of Knights, they must spend at
least two weeks as a squire. A squire's duties are simple - to fulfill
the tasks set for him by the Knights of Valour.

The Executor of Valour will judge who may become a full Knight or Noble.

The Executor can't squire an applicant. Squires come from high-ranking Knights. The Executor only deals with Knight applicants after they've been squired.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject:

We took out healers because the Knights are supposed to be on the front lines doing the fighting. A healer is a priest - that's a support class, not a front line person. Its the type I think would hold the faithful together in Valour while providing healing and benedictions to wounded Knights returning home. Definitely best suited to the "other" peaceful half of Valour. There's just no point to Valour at all without its gentle side.

I realise that there is an argument for a healer being an effective pker and Knights would take anyone who could get the job done, but thats because of a game balance issue, which needs to be taken care of (dispel undead being a renamed dispel evil). Much like monks, I dont see the benefit of exposing/abusing it by encouraging people to enter it into cabals.

Also, I'll be adding squire to the executor skills shortly, in lieu of an Immortal to take care of them. System got broken horribly when Meriando deleted, heh, dont think he realised how important I'd made him.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject:

Also under the current system, the knight leader cant interview people for prospective squires, that duty falls to the lower knights.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject:

I dont know why people keep posting the executor can't squire/interview, because he can do those things just fine. This is false. I lowered the rank requirement for Knights to squire so that there will be a quicker turnover.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject:

Apparently Vaganorth, contrary to the immortal set policy on cabal induction requirements, has put down his own rule that, to be squired, you must be rank 40. And only rank 40. Not higher. Not less.

Not exactly sure where he got this from.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject:

That isn't right. Mongtufa got squired at 31. Adewin was earlier than that, too. Also, Vaganorth hasn't been active for ages... and if he said that, he must have been smokin'.

Are you making this up?

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject:

Apparently you don't know what's going on Jamus. Vagay has been telling a few people to rank to 40 before he'll blink at them.

I was myself pleasantly surprised when I saw Adei and Mong inducted by Prastin when they were at 35-38~ in the midst of them ranking. The other few unlucky suckers who got through Vagay didn't even get to talk.

And about healers, there are healers at frontline battles. Those are medics who are also trained to fight.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject:

Apparently.

So... why did those two make it at that rank and no one else?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject:

No its that 40th rank is a max, not a min. They can induct you before 40 but not after. Thats my understanding. The other squires/Knights were inducted in this system and the new rules which were extended to all cabals are actually intended to make it the rule, not an exception. And btw, Vaganorth told the squire to rank to 42, not 40, he also told him to fight someone he was 6 ranks under. So obviously he's not someone to rush to get squired by.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Then *why* Davairus, is he an Archon? I know we are lacking players, but christ man. Not that bad.

0 0 0
Hoarding Healer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject:

First off...Vaganorth being a high-ranked knight is a laughing stock.

And second...maybe allow one healer into Knights like how there was a one shaman limit for Legions. *shrug*

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject:

Dav, I like that idea. I mean, the lack of healers on the goodie side has realy shrunk since healers cant make it into Knights anymore, and its a tad harder to rank (althoh, not much). I kinda like the single healer in knights Idea. (come to think of it, that realy wouldnt improve the ranking. So Yeah. Its a good idea!)

0 0 0
formalism

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject:

I like the one healer idea too. Could even make it policy that the single healer can never be Executor, thus limiting the healer's duties to being the "combat medic" on the frontlines, not directing warfare as if he were a general.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject:

I just gave them a new cabal skill that'll make up for the lack of a healer.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: