Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 9 hours.

Latest batch of cabal changes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject:

Its the sort of thing you'd do before you delete, so, yeah I don't think that's allowed.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
'OVERSEE'
Syntax: oversee <character/self>
Syntax: allow / refuse

Experienced Heralds are granted the ability to oversee the
denizens of Thera to aid them in their report writing. It is
up to the one under watch whether to allow this to take place.
A brief description of the full process now follows:

oversee <name> - to invite someone to allow the watch
oversee self - to cancel the watch
allow - to allow the Herald to watch
refuse - to refuse or end the watch

Note: Don't try this on Immortals. You'll get refused.

Its a new Herald ability, and it works out pretty much like snoop - the Herald sees EVERYTHING that goes to your screen. So make sure you don't allow this, if you arent 100% ok with it. And you can type refuse anytime you want to break the watch.

0 0 0
Davor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Its the sort of thing you'd do before you delete, so, yeah I don't think that's allowed.

I don't really see why would fully aware of his faith (death and confiscation) a knight, or any other char for that matter willingly come in his best garments to his execution. This goes double for cabaled charachters, Why would you hand over wares of worth to Justice when you can further your cabal goals by strenghtening your comrades with them.
This is somewhat "keep it simple" rule in order to dodge the dodgy situations, other then that I find it hard to justify it.

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject:

Mob confiscated items don't go to anyone. So surrendering to the Executioner is actually a better way to spite Justices if you want to make sure Justice members don't "profit" from your wanted flag.

Who removes one's wanted flags upon death? The Gods of Order, of whom Stryth himself as founder of Justice was their chief. Pretending to submit yourself to judgement when not really doing so (by divesting yourself of wares beforehand) gets you in trouble with GODS, not Justices. It's blasphemous to say to Stryth & Company, "here, judge me and confiscate what you see fit... except you can't confiscate my items since I gave them away or dropped them somewhere! ha!" Unloading eq to your cabalmates while wanted is just asking for trouble from any higher-up gods who are watching.

Lastly, getting wanted is entirely VOLUNTARY. Nobody forces anyone to initiate attacks in town, or to leave autoassist on in town, or to capture the Justice item, etc. Unlike Legions and Knights (whose flags can sometimes be drawn in ways that are not entirely your own fault), Justice wanted flags are very clearly provoked and very easily avoided. So on the flip side, the punishments should have real teeth, and that means facing confiscation.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject:

As far as cabal warfare goes, I'm pretty comfortable with what we have now, so - barring an emergency - I don't intend to expend any more energy on coming up with any more ideas for it. Which means.. its over to you guys... have fun.

http://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=22

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject:

These changes were discussed and added recently, just for record's sake here we go...

General

1) henchman average'd between levels instead of always being max level for 50
2) henchman works out-of-pk ONLY (so uncaballeds can raid easier)
3) enlist mobs made better, having started out too weak

Legion

1) protection duration down to 1 week (Legion wants more money!)
2) contract prices slashed for uncaballed char
3) can no longer "spam vendetta" to force a contract
4) uncaballed vendettas are now contracts
5) uncaballed vendetta becomes contract for raiding Legion (clean up outstanding vendettas via old method)

The reason vendetta is a contract a bit easier for uncaballed is a tradeoff for no longer having to deal with underlings to raid & pk legions.

Knight

1) Noble pacifist rp restriction is removed, as is anathema protection. (Dont ask me where this leaves nobles now, they just wanted it this way for the Legion war)
2) Death should remove you from roll sheet so you dont get pk'd six times for being anathema due to p.e. number 1. However if you kill again you will be put back in your old position.
3) auto-anathema for uncaballed knight cabal raids.

...there isn't any other new stuff because Groq's happy with the oath-breaking/anathema setup.

Justices apparently, are completely content.

Quote:
'CABAL WARFARE'

All cabals have the following components:

* cabal powers - special abilities used to help fulfill the cabal objectives
* a cabal item - the source of all cabal powers
* a door guard - at the perimeter, attacks intruders and holds stolen items
* an altar - inside the cabal, contains the cabal item
* an altar guard - inside the cabal, protects the altar containing the item
* a healer - inside the cabal, for emergency use during defence
* a cabal shop - outside the cabal, sells items to use in raids
* a cabal bank - at the cabal shop, used communaly as a normal bank is used
* a guard HQ - in the cabal city, used to enlist mobs for retrieve aid

A typical method for fighting another cabal member may flow as follows:

Attack
1) Attack the enemy's cabal
2) Attempt to kill the door guard before they return
3) Attempt to kill the defending cabal member
4) Attempt to kill the altar guard after they have fled for safety
5) Return their cabal item to home base's door guard, to drain their powers
and "personal" bank accounts (not their cabal bank account)
6) Summon a HENCHMAN to attack out-of-pk retrievers, but you will
have to pay for its upkeep from your own bank.

* Be warned that capturing the Balance of Justice results in WANTED.

Defend
1) Return to cabal as quickly as possible, to force flee from door guard
2) Summon a HENCHMAN to help defend the cabal with, if appropriate
2) CONFINE the intruder inside the cabal (fails if door guard is slain)
3) Attempt to kill the intruder
4) Grab the item yourself if they kill your altar guard
5) Return item to altar guard as soon as it returns

* Remember that running to cabal during a fight when someone has NOT
intruded is grounds for discipline.

Retrieve
1) TRACE the item to see where it is
2) Attack its holder to force them to drop the item (kill if necessary)
3) ENLIST troops at your hometown's guard headquarters
4) Attack the enemy cabal, kill door guardian holding item
5) Return to cabal with item, give it to your home base's altar guard

Beware while holding an item, you are unable to hide or use transport
spells, and everybody is able to harm you without reproach.

There exists rules for cabal members to supplement the provided combat
mechanisms. These rules are available in 'CABAL CONDUCT'.

Finally the most important change is the update to cabal conduct, which I'm afraid no amount of game code is going to enforce, you're just going to accept that this is the way *everyone else* wanted it at the times it doesn't go your way, which it is:

Quote:
'CABAL CONDUCT'

Before you go out into the world in your new cabal role, take the time to
read through everything here. These are the cardinal rules of cabal conduct
which everybody in a cabal has to follow.

1) You have made it into a cabal because you have shown your standards of
roleplaying are exceptional. As a result, you become an inspiration for new
players, to encourage them to try roleplaying better as well. So do not
drop your roleplaying standards at any time. This will result in your
immediate termination.

2) Cabals have items. These represent everything that cabal stands for.
Ensuring this item stays safely in its altar is more important than anything
else you might be doing. There are absolutely no exceptions.

- Do not ignore or encourage ANY attacks on your cabal.
- Do not ignore or encourage ANY intruders inside your cabal.
- Do not ignore your missing cabal item. Attempt to retrieve it immediately.

3) Cabal powers are for your cabal's use. Do not talk about them with
other people who are not from that cabal. Do not give away items that you
made with your cabal skills or bought at your cabal shop. This is betrayal
of your cabal and grounds for immediate termination.

A cabal's leader may terminate members at their discretion - not showing in
frequently, dissent, breaking guidelines, and so on - but it almost ALWAYS
happens because they broke one of these cardinal rules. Learning them well
and practicing them religiously is the only way to ensure it doesn't happen
to you.

Basically, you can't defend when you feel like it, you're expected to show up and get your ass handed to you no matter what. Keep that in mind when posting a cabal application. Everyone in cabals was offered a free uninduction and nobody accepted that, so I guess we're all happy with the terms.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject:

Is there a command to get enlisted troops to attack? So far they just stand there and watch me get ganked.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Nope, they police themselves. All you're responsible for is leading the "army". If it isn't doing what it should be, you'll have to give me more details.

Also since I started a post I guess I'll write a little more. Was working on the Knight helpfile this morning to describe what they do now they have oaths to force instead of just acting with some remnant of self-control like they used to. And it seemed like a good time to shake things up a little bit for Groq, who's been struggling with some stuff.

Two issues with knights are:-
* backlog of applicants
* can't induct healers

So here's what I did...

1) I added a caveat that people have to stay at 30 until squired. This way they can join the keepers sitting around, and duel each other or whatever. It'd help the imms to see who's got some skill to have some fights in the duelling-to-stun zone (where it won't be ganked by "pk limit"), without having them embark straight out on a pk career. So I think it should be a good change, especially for noobs, who'll meet the neut fighters first, and then the Legion apps waiting to chew them up much later, after they finally squire.

There's quite a few obtainable sets at 30, but training is still pretty damn hard, so that could prove somewhat interesting.

Summary of TLDR: Use your bored trained keeper app to duel the new bored level 30 knight apps.

2) The other is that I removed class restrictions, and just made them "no lawfuls". Removed class restrictions means, any non-lawful Valourian is eligible to join Knight and bring his unique skills along. As long as the Executor is willing to give them a shot. There's actually even more opportunities this way - elf thieves, storm healers, whatever. Hopefully that'll make up for the guys who can't be bothered sitting at 30 for knight squiring. I do encourage executors to decide what they think is acceptable.

About healer Knights: I wanted to just remove healer Knights for a while, because it was too cheesy with the overpowered dispel evil. Then I held out afterward because we had some Knight plans down the road. The trouble with "down the road" is that I have no idea when that is, and existing cabals just arent the kinda thing where "its down the road" is acceptable, frankly. So yeah, there's still a few issues. But there's issues with shamans flooding other cabals, and I'm going to leave it to the nerfinator to deal with those guys when he's good and ready. In the meantime, hopefully you'll enjoy your cabal experience more now with some proper support, instead of being hung out to dry.

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject:

THANK YOU, DAv!!!

0 0 0
Elaedon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject:

That's gonna be interesting...illusionists, thieves, and healers are now added. Veeeeeery interesting.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Couple small quick things.. well small and quick to do anyway.. what I've done is pretty much some things to alleviate the dominance of the cabal flags a bit. I've been concerned that uncaballed pker isn't viable enough, and I have a couple of measures in mind:

1/3/07: "Contract" change - if you are contracted, and you manage to kill a Legion, it will now remove the contract. This is to give Legion a strong incentive to get rid of duff Legion, instead of milking them for free vendetta contracts. They'll still be able to retaliate with a vendetta if they do die of course.

Now, there's advantages and disadvantages here - basically, I don't want contracts to have this "definitely going to get owned by an organisation" feeling as much. Its kinda discouraging. The way I see it, the Legion should dispatch an assassin (well, a Legionnaire) to take care of the contract, and if you kill him, that's the end of that story. I was thinking of just letting you pay them off, but then you'd just quit out and farm gold, so here, kill one of Legion's finest, and you're downgraded to a vendetta.

1/3/07: "Roll sheet" change - if you're a non-anathema on the roll sheet, and you die, you will now be removed COMPLETELY. This also applies to the p.e. number #1.

Self-explanatory. Roll sheet has changed so often by now that I'd expect nobodys been able to follow how it works. I'll get a helpfile together later...

Mainly its just to reduce cabal skills seen so much.. cause hey, game's supposed to be played and most balanced at 50, and cabal powers intrude on that.

I'm still pondering on the whole raid/confine/etc mechanic, will get back to that later down the road, feeling fairly satisfied with that much.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Isn't PE #1 autoanathema?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject:

This is how roll sheet works:

Boosts
* if you kill a Knight you enter the roll sheet
* if you become anathama you enter the roll sheet
* if you kill more Knights, you climb the roll sheet
* if you killed the most Knights (#1 spot) you "become" seen as anathema, but its an anathema picked from the list, not placed on your character directly. It has to be that way incase you get knocked off by someone else.

Drains
* If you are anathema and die, you would disappear from the sheet, but your "position" is saved. p.e. number #1-caused anathema doesn't count for that. Arguably a bit unfair, but the same can be said about being made a free anathema. This is to balance that out.
* If you aren't an anthema, and die, your record on the roll sheet is wiped.

The point of "position" is to prioritise Knight's targets. They dont necessarily have to stay in pos #1 til theyve been killed 27 times..

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject:

But the only way to become an anathema is to take the oath and then break it. So if you aren't taking it the only way to become anathema is PE#1. That means, just go die somewhere to get off the list and start at ground 0.

That seems to be how this works as far as I understand it.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject:

No.. uncaballed get anathema for raiding Knights..

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject:

--EDITED--- This post contained explict top secret information thats top secret.

Last edited by Vertas on Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Dahlin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject:

---EDIT--- Oops?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject:

I swear.. I need to put post approval on this shit so you guys won't go do something dumb like that.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Sorry...I swear I wasn't completely me at the time...I got dropped from all my classes because i didn't pay my tuition on time and i was just screwing around to make me feel better...Truce?

0 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject:

ban him for a day!!!!

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: