Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 10 hours.

Couple problems with quests

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ask an Immortal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Couple problems with quests

First problem being with frozen tiger quest, I can't proceed past Find the frozen tiger. Even if I look at it 30 different ways, nothing happens.
Second being with the crystal shards, shopkeepers in Valour won't sell to evils, so it makes it kind of difficult for the third set of shards.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Try:

"look block"

for the frozen tiger quest.

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject:

I tried that already. Does nothing. Look block, look ice, look 22. None of it does nothing. Just something for someone to fix when they have time.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject:

That quest is always fucking up.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject:

Crystal shards quest I'll admit is probably in need of some reworking.

However, the tiger quest doesn't start the way you might think it does. You'll have to look around a bit more, but it's working fine right now.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject:

Its pretty difficult to get feedback about quests, being complicated things as they are, I need to watch people do them. I have Immortals try the quests before players so that I can see they're working. The best thing you can do is send a log of yourself doing them so I can see where you get bored/stuck. All of the quests are completable to the best of my knowledge.

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject:

If you mean 'I wish I knew where my tiger was.' Then I did the first part. The part I was on was "Find the frozen tiger" or some such.

0 0 0
Kessor Natul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject:

This doesn't necessarily have anything to do with those quests, but it is a quest....soo... I (naturally) activated my guild membership with my class a long time ago, however, yesterday I logged on and went to my guild and my master asked for bread to initiate with them. I looked at my score to see if all my quests had been deleted, but I still had the same # as before. I did what he said and got an extra quest completed by doing that.... dunno if it was a glitch or what... just in case you wanna know.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject:

*** JUST TO MAKE SURE EVERYBODY REALIZES THIS:***

All of the quests in your questor list consist of multiple parts. If you complete the first part, you'll see "Quest Update:" followed by a new assignment. If you check questor again at that point, your old quest will be replaced with the new one.

Once you have completed ALL PARTS of the quest, you'll get a "You have completed the quest:" message, and when you check your questor again you'll see an [X] next to the quest in question.

Astinor wrote:
If you mean 'I wish I knew where my tiger was.' Then I did the first part. The part I was on was "Find the frozen tiger" or some such.

"Find the frozen tiger" if I recall is the first step in this quest. It's not the "I wish I knew where my tiger was" part that starts it out. Keep looking around.
Kessor Natul wrote:
I (naturally) activated my guild membership with my class a long time ago, however, yesterday I logged on and went to my guild and my master asked for bread to initiate with them. I looked at my score to see if all my quests had been deleted, but I still had the same # as before. I did what he said and got an extra quest completed by doing that.... dunno if it was a glitch or what... just in case you wanna know.

"Activating" your guild quest isn't the same as "completing" it. Doing what your guildmaster asked of you and bringing him what he wanted is the correct way to FINISH that quest. Before that, you had only made it through the first couple of steps of that quest.

Remember, all of the questor quests have multiple parts. You won't "complete" them until you've seen "You have completed the quest:" and have an [X] next to the quest on your list.

0 0 0
Kessor Natul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Vhrael wrote:
Kessor Natul wrote:
I (naturally) activated my guild membership with my class a long time ago, however, yesterday I logged on and went to my guild and my master asked for bread to initiate with them. I looked at my score to see if all my quests had been deleted, but I still had the same # as before. I did what he said and got an extra quest completed by doing that.... dunno if it was a glitch or what... just in case you wanna know.

"Activating" your guild quest isn't the same as "completing" it. Doing what your guildmaster asked of you and bringing him what he wanted is the correct way to FINISH that quest. Before that, you had only made it through the first couple of steps of that quest.

Remember, all of the questor quests have multiple parts. You won't "complete" them until you've seen "You have completed the quest:" and have an [X] next to the quest on your list.

It said I completed it.....Oh well, free quest points.... Laughing

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Vhrael, I'm not a complete n00b cannon. I've done the quest with alternate chars. It's just not working right now for my current char. I know the steps, I've done the first step. The second step of actually locating the room where the block of ice is, is the part not working, because it doesnt update my questor when I find it and look at it. I even drived by all the mobs involved in the later steps of the quest just to see, and nothing happens. Yeah.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject:

Astinor aka n00b cannon wrote:
Vhrael, I'm not a complete n00b cannon.

Hahaha... that made me laugh so hard. Sorry if my earlier posting made you think I was saying that, because it wasn't meant to come across that way.

Try sending a bug/note to implementor in-game to get Dav's attention. There might be something screwing with the quest scripts or mobprogs or something.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject:

Code:

Dellori says 'Hello Chilat.. have you seen my beautiful tiger?'
Dellori sighs sadly, then regains her gentle composure.
Dellori says 'It gets awfully cold at night.. I hope he's alright..'
Quest Update: Find the frozen tiger.

<Walking>
</Walking>

Code:
 look ice
As you look closely at the block you see something has been trapped
inside.  It seems to be alive..  Who could do such a barbaric thing?
You hear muffling noises come from inside the block of ice.
They seem to be growling. 'Her..mit..did.. it...'.
Quest Update: Talk to the hermit.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject:

Awww... that spoils all of the fun.

Hey divsky - your avatar is screwed up.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ask an Immortal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: