Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 17 hours.

Groups and Experience

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noliperus_

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Groups and Experience

As I sit here staring at my terminal and lamenting the lack of groupmates I got to thinking, why not have sort of a diminishing penalty for working alone as you get up higher in the ranks? I know this is a multi-player game and the whole point is socialization in some form or another, but what with the small playerbase it's increasingly hard to find a group once you get up into the 40s. So, what does everybody think?

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject:

It doesn't have anything to do with working alone. When you are at those ranks, it is practically impossible to solo your levels unless you have truly endless time and patience. I mean go take your guy and try solo'ing and see what happens. Its not feasible.

Rather its a few things: one, there just aren't enough (active) people at those ranks in general.. everyone is either lower or 50 already. Two - most groups are pointless or just too slow without the right classes (healers, shamans, a decent tank, etc.), and three - you will be stuck there awhile to notice it because even when you do get a group, ranking is too low at those levels in general between mediocre exp gains and a ton of exp to get per level by then. Surges help some but its a short window and even then you aren't guaranteed a group.

0 0 0
Noliperus_

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject:

So we've got one on board. Anybody else feel the same way?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject:

If you're talking about ranking an invoker, I suggest turning up one hour before every surge and hope to "third" for a desperate group.. joining a cabal also helps get ineffective characters ranked. There will be no changes to exp formula, monster potions and surges are pretty good already.

0 0 0
Noliperus_

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject:

Yeah, true neutral invoker from Seringale. Since you blasted Mystics, which cabal am I supposed to join again?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject:

Well its been gone like, 5 years. You could have made a Justice or something, or picked an alignment. Not every character has cabal options open to them, so it isnt a solution for everyone. A neutral invoker is eligible for just heralds.

0 0 0
Noliperus_

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject:

Doesn't it strike you that not being in a cabal really gimps a character is indicative of something wrong? Shouldn't non-caballed people be able to enjoy the game?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: