Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 13 hours.

Monks' disadvantage

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabidgecko

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Monks' disadvantage

I am coming up on 50 with my monk, and I realized that their gold limit is very disabling for the upper ranks. I mean, it is impossible to buy anything more than 20000 (such as gambled items) and very difficult to buy things at exactly 20000. For auctions too, anything that goes for 20000+ is pretty much off limits to a monk. Anyone else think this is a problem? Confused

0 0 0
gr8mage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject:

since they wear non-hindering armor and use no weapons, I would doubt it. They fight with their stances and skills maybe moreso than any other class. eq seems like less of an issue with them.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Deposit lots of gold, then get buddies to bid on auctions/buy gambled eq for you. But I do I agree that with encumberance, a lot of armor isn't really suitable for monks anyway. They're a class that doesn't really need a lot of "uber equipment" to kick ass... just a good set of beads and a stance.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Its not a problem since they were designed to use less powerful items. Thats the point of encumberances.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Yep.

You ought to appraise some level 50 beads. They are SOOOO crazy. You don't need a whole lot extra with that crap.

0 0 0
rabidgecko

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject:

oh, I know what they do all right. 10 hits, 5 dam, 5 svs. But that isn't enough to make up for the crazy average damage of the uniques. Maybe there could be something where one can pay the auction from the bank. I mean, if the money goes to the other person's bank anyway, why have two steps instead of one? The banker can just transfer. Let me know how this would be.

0 0 0
gr8mage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject:

I'd take +10 hitroll over 22 avg any day.Hitroll helps you get through your enemies defenses, which is what really makes any third strike+ hit class kill. Average damage wont help if it doesnt land.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Great mage...Stop talking to everyone like they are stupid. Jesus.

Let me point out something. She (I hope) said that its nothing compared to some of the uniques. Now, as silly as it is to only compare your "equipment" to the uniques, it was her comparison and I dont know too many uniques that have a 22 ave.

Gecko, I suggest you find buddies. This has been this way a long time, and I think it is perfectly legit. It may be frustrating, but monks are hella, and thus need a restriction or two, (most of which you can get around, like having a buddy bid, and that trick I showed you with empower). I suggest you just try to work around the frustrations. Especialy one so easy to sidestep as this.

0 0 0
rabidgecko

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Haha...You just completely shut my argument down. I suppose, monks are jacked enough. court closed.

0 0 0
gr8mage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Im sorry I made you feel stupid crazy, but I wasn't being condescending and I nowhere told him, or implied he was stupid, I gave my personal opinion based on facts about the games workings. Maybe you feel personally attacked because I stated something you didnt understand. Or were you trying to get an arguement out of me? I would pm you instead but its not working so.

There are rares with average 22 so uniques can have that or more.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject:

rabidgecko wrote:
oh, I know what they do all right. 10 hits, 5 dam, 5 svs. But that isn't enough to make up for the crazy average damage of the uniques. ...etc

Monks do more attacks per round than other classes. Rule of thumb, take your monk's present damroll, double it, and that's what you're equivalent to. Provided you did your anat's, training etc.

0 0 0
rabidgecko

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject:

I know, I know. I have admitted defeat Embarassed

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject:

gr8mage wrote:
Im sorry I made you feel stupid crazy, but I wasn't being condescending and I nowhere told him, or implied he was stupid, I gave my personal opinion based on facts about the games workings. Maybe you feel personally attacked because I stated something you didnt understand. Or were you trying to get an arguement out of me? I would pm you instead but its not working so.

There are rares with average 22 so uniques can have that or more.

Dude...I said stop talking to us like we're stupid. Not stop talking to me cuz you make me feel stupid.

I want to assure you I understand perfectly just how stupid your posts are.

Uniques dont go so low as 22. 26 I want to say...

PM is disabled because people abused it, according to dav.

No I wasnt trying to get an arguement out of you. i was trying to get you to stop saying shit that everyone knows.

I would PM you but it doesnt seem to be working....

0 0 0
gr8mage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I want to assure you I understand perfectly just how stupid your posts are.

That sounds like a personal problem you have, not with the facts and what really matters, but with me.
Quote:
No I wasnt trying to get an arguement out of you. i was trying to get you to stop saying shit that everyone knows.

There are probably many people new to this mud that think damage roll is the best thing to have, what I said is that hitroll is maybe more important for a class like monk, and they can compensate for the lack of those average damage items by all those hits they can do. Dav said pretty much the same thing I was saying only more specific and detailed. So my question to you is, why did you start this arguement when I'm stating something true, then dav goes on the same thing in greater detail? Obviously you're talking crap to me for no good reason. This proves you're just trying to annoy me, which is A: really pathetic, get a life, B: why no matter what you respond here, I won't care to argue with.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject:

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: