Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

omfg
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elaedon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: omfg

Oh my god...I am soooooo mad. My dad comes along and pulls the internet card when I was going to the bathroom...the last thing on the screen was "Jraekior walks in."
Lo and behold, I log on an hour later...dead.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
my parents don't want me playing much, I might delete if this happens again.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject:

well you should talk with your parents to find out how much time you can spend on there. try for at least an hour, and if you find the game boring, if no roleplay is going on or theres no good ranking/pking, quit and wait a while. Quality over quantity. and if you have to be afk, try to exit the game, or at least find a hiding spot.

Last edited by Mandor on Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Elaedon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Usually he won't pull the card, and I have time to quit, but this time...ouch.

As a side note, does anyone know exactly what haste does now? I made an illusionist, might play her more...unless haste has been gimped, of course.

0 0 0
bassball

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject:

Heh, that sucks I agree Elaedon
but my parents are pretty lame when it comes to this kinda stuff
I get 1 hour 2 tops almost everyday, and I don't have the choice to quit out if there is nothing going on, because once I start, if I get off before my hours up, oh well, im done and above all that I dont get any playin time on sundays and wednesdays makes it hard to be around for cabals and stuff and hard to keep up in ranks with everyone else
and its a dial up connection in the worst city ever and my net has a transer rate of about 3 kb a sec
Twisted Evil
somehow I make it through though, heh

0 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject:

Cripes, what kind of facist parents do you guys have to deal with? As long as all your chores/homework is done, what's the big deal if you play? Glad I didn't have to deal with that when I was at home. Although, maybe if my parents had done that I would have done better in high school...oh well.

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject:

Elaedon wrote:
As a side note, does anyone know exactly what haste does now?

Haste improves the chances of additional attacks (second, third, fourth, and all offhand attacks) coming out, granting a very significant bonus to each additional attack. This raises the average number of attacks considerably without raising the maximum number of attacks as the old haste did. The effect works best on dual-wielding warriors (4 attacks and all offhand attacks) and worst on single-wielding spellcasters (2 attacks and no offhand attacks).

If you want a sense of how "good" haste is, pay attention to the Dance of Silver Leaves legacy when you see an elven warrior fight. Every time the legacy message comes out means that the warrior has made anywhere between 1-7 additional attack attempts due to the increased chance of his additional attacks coming out (i.e. similar to how weapon advantage increases your damage by increasing your chance to beat parry, and so on). There's only one legacy message made per round, regardless of how many additional hasted attacks were made that round. Therefore, if you count how often the legacy message for Dance of Silver Leaves comes out, you'll quickly understand that the new haste isn't "gimp" at all.

Unless you're trying to haste yourself as an illustionist, of course.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject:

Heh, I am a straight-a student, and if I play for over 1 1/2 hours my parents think that the computer is starting to possess my mind, or something. Always giving me funny looks while I'm playing.

"Why don't you go outside and do something? Get some fresh air, for once. I don't get that weird "terminal" game that you're always playing." (after I come home from golf, which I spend 3-4 hours every day outside walking around, smacking a little ball around, and a 45 min bike ride right after that, too. I don't even watch TV). They think I'm going to die of some weird computer related disease, or something, it seems like.

edit: Very Happy Very common line - "Do you want me to unplug/shut the lid on that thing, or would you like to do it yourself?" I have a laptop, so niether of those would really do anything...

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject:

Jamus wrote:
Heh, I am a straight-a student, and if I play for over 1 1/2 hours my parents think that the computer is starting to possess my mind, or something. Always giving me funny looks while I'm playing.

"Why don't you go outside and do something? Get some fresh air, for once. I don't get that weird "terminal" game that you're always playing." (after I come home from golf, which I spend 3-4 hours every day outside walking around, smacking a little ball around, and a 45 min bike ride right after that, too. I don't even watch TV). They think I'm going to die of some weird computer related disease, or something, it seems like.

edit: Very Happy Very common line - "Do you want me to unplug/shut the lid on that thing, or would you like to do it yourself?" I have a laptop, so niether of those would really do anything...

You're asian aren't you?

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject:

_Clifton_ wrote:
Jamus wrote:

You're asian aren't you?

Burn.

My mom says that computers are some Alqueda plot or something.

I'm lucky to have a computer to myself in my room- I can be on as late as I want, for as long as I want. Unfortunatly there are worse obsticals than parents: friends. I figure that I'll be going off to WSU Pullman next year anyway (Apparantly Pullman, Wa consumes 1% of the nations alcohol), high speed interenet, no parents, flexible schedual, and friends who will drag me off the computer whenever I'm on for too long.

I think that no matter where you are in life, theres going to be something keeping you away from good quality AR.

0 0 0
Kessor Natul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Hm. At least your parents let you on. Mine say
Parents wrote:
That thing is EEEEEVVVVIIIILLLLL. You can't play it. (Pause here as they listen to my question(sometimes they don't listen to question and go on without it)) Because I said so. If I catch you playing that game I am taking all your sh- (Here they resist a hailstorm of cussing to make it look like they are more mature than anyone else on the planet) stuff out of your room and throwing it away. (Some of you may think "Heh, posers." But no, they really will and they really have. My parents are shit.) All you will have left is your bed and your clothes. (this next part is becoming all too common)Now, come give me a hug. (Bastards. As if they did nothing to make me mad. I am going to stab someone's jugular.) Hey, come do the dishes for me. (We have no dishwasher so this part should fucking die. Tthey always, however, make me do some task for them after their spectacular play. Oh and Grayden, This sounds a hell of a lot like JTHM comics huh? Yeah.)

Yeah, I have to sneak my hours in at the public library. It sucks.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:

No worries Kessor, I still love you, , well not really. Hey but don't kill your parents because then you will have to get a job and that will be more time away from ar. I am about to leave Iraq but trust me stabbing in the jugular is not pretty they make a gurggling sound and it makes a mess. "I would suggest not joing the army if that comment offends you." Ok, remember this, you cannot choose your family but you could have ended up with worse so roll it.

Elaedon, haste blows, unless your a warrior with four attacks and can cast haste on yourself, Illusionists are my favorite class but gimping haste means your two attacks you get is all your getting. Good luck.

Grayden Grim another JTHM fan.

0 0 0
Static Impulse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject:

I can relate with the parent issue... My parents seem to despise all things that bring me joy, and attempt to limit me in everyway possible. Just last night I was looking through the forums (not actually playing, thank god) and my mom comes up demanding I get off immediately. I calmly agree to be off in five minutes, but apparently that wasn't fast enough because she reaches over and pushes the power button. I turn around and, still calm, say "That was very immature mom." She starts screaming at me saying she was going on and I should have asked her if she was going to be using it before I got on. Now perhaps I would have if she ever used it more than once a month, but I wasn't exactly thinking she would freak out like that. She has some serious mood swings... Luckly I'm 18 now and don't have to deal with that kind of crap anymore for the most part. Heh, I'm at my friends house 90% of the time now anyway. Oh, and the only reason I wasn't over there yesterday was I happened to be really sick with the flu. Still kinda am, but would rather sleep/relax at my friends house then be at home.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Quit your whining. Put up and shut up.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject:

wow that parent pissy crap sounds like me at 13. Shocked

0 0 0
bassball

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject:

Heh, I have pretty good grades too, and I do all my homework and chores and I am definatly not an inactive person, Ive been having some problems with a broken leg and havent been able to run in about 8 months and I am about to pull the trigger with the barrel in my mouth I am so sick and tired of watching people do what I like to do at school

My computer is in my parents room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject:

bassball wrote:

My computer is in my parents room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad

HAHAHHAHAHA.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:50 am    Post subject:

How'd you guess, Clifton?

"Burn", Gygh? What kind of world do we live in these days? What a shame.

100% asian, and proud of it. Power to the homeland!

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject:

We Asians, spawn of China, have a knack of knowing who else is Asian just by a few select keywords.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject:

Jamus wrote:
How'd you guess, Clifton?

"Burn", Gygh? What kind of world do we live in these days? What a shame.

100% asian, and proud of it. Power to the homeland!

Straight A's, crazy parents? Obvious.. duh. Do this, go out, make some white friends. That's a whole new level of comparison. Get a white girlfriend, and your parents == dead.

Fuck them if they have anything to say.

Well, if you fail... HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH, tard.

0 0 0
Niub

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject:

Hah! Sucks for all you kids. Eh, I remember how it was though when my parents complained about me being on AR so much... That was about 5 years ago though. Now, it's all gravy baby!

Since this is an OMFG forum, how about the hold time of when I log out? When I log out and try to log on another character, it actually makes me wait 30 minutes... Not 10... By that time, I have decided to do something else like play the guitar or go tool around on my SVT Focus. Is anyone else getting 30 minute hold times?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: