Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 14 hours.

Warlord's deathmark
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthais

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Im going to take a guess here, because I dont know 100%.
Deathmarks in the old days, (meaning, when you could fatality without deathmarking) didnt kill you. You were stunned for a bit and got up. Deathmark just told you what to expect when you won or lost. Im assuming that only the ability to allow fatalities during deathmarks changed, not the actuall affects of the marking.

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Arright mat since you posted I am assuming I missed you while I slept. And seeing as I only slept for four hours...That realy fucking sucks. Damn where are all the warlords?

0 0 0
Matthais

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Im generally on for a little bit at noon, once and a while 6-7a.m. and usually around 7pm Im on for a substantial time. this is all eastern standard time.

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Its noon thirty... Now where the hell are ya!?!? I saw Rylek once in the last 5 days. And no taurth or you. And I assure you I have been on wayy too much. I am trained enough to be two legionairs and I am getting a very big headache. Warlords need to come on and freaking play. I have seen grum like 3-4 times in that period. So hes actualy playing and yet hes not one that can induct me. Sooooo frustrating.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Matthais wrote:
Give me a no disarm weapon and see how well that works. 2 duels is not an indicator of how well one fights. Play a warlord and see how easy it is fighting some little friend with a nondisarm weapon of which you have no racial protection from.

Oh wait, I beat Grum 3 times. I guess under your logic he sucks too. aha, make a warlord. see how fun it is. You are not all that good mullet, beating warlords isnt that big of a deal.

deathmarks and challenges are based off the individual warlords rp. Some warlords with challenge/deathmark and hunt others will ask and challenge. This makes duels a little mroe interesting when the opponent is allow first attack all the time.

No offense, but disarming doesn't always win a duel check this out... No disarm weapons don't make a difference really. It only matters if you can't hit them, or if they can hit you.

Hp:603/603 M:391/391 Mv:229/229 Exp:22959 Gp:799 4am inside
Grull says 'Begin.'

Hp:603/603 M:391/391 Mv:229/229 Exp:22959 Gp:799 4am inside dir grull
Grull yells 'Help! Ferdinos kicked dirt into my eyes!'
Grull is blinded by the dirt in his eyes!
Your kicked dirt scratches Grull.
Grull has a few scratches.

Grull's kicked dirt misses you.
Grull has a few scratches.

You block Grull's attack with your shield.
You parry Grull's attack.
Your tainted slash devastates Grull!
Your tainted slash DISEMBOWELS Grull!
Grull has some small wounds and bruises.

Hp:603/603 M:391/391 Mv:229/229 Exp:22959 Gp:799 4am inside dis

Your tainted slash maims Grull!
Your tainted slash DISEMBOWELS Grull!

Hp:603/603 M:391/391 Mv:229/229 Exp:22959 Gp:799 4am inside You disarm Grull!

Hp:603/603 M:391/391 Mv:229/229 Exp:22959 Gp:799 4am inside tri

Grull has fled!
Grull walks west.

Hp:603/603 M:391/391 Mv:229/229 Exp:22959 Gp:799 4am inside scan all
But you aren't fighting anyone!

Hp:603/603 M:391/391 Mv:222/229 Exp:22959 Gp:799 5am field tri grull
Grull yells 'Help! Ferdinos just tripped me!'
You trip Grull and he goes down!
Your trip scratches Grull.

Hp:603/603 M:391/391 Mv:222/229 Exp:22959 Gp:799 5am field
You dodge Grull's attack.
Grull blocks your attack with a shield.
Your tainted slash MUTILATES Grull!
Grull has quite a few wounds.

Hp:603/603 M:391/391 Mv:222/229 Exp:22959 Gp:799 5am field tri grull

You dodge Grull's attack.
Grull's stab DISMEMBERS you!
Your tainted slash maims Grull!
Grull has quite a few wounds.

As you can see I was doing great until I disarmed him, before he was wielding a stone cudgel. I have mace mastered, the known devil is always preferable to the unknown one. He started using a toy spear after that, my spear is only at 78%. He started killing me, that's when it all went down hill.

Moral of the story, if they're using a weapon you have mastered, you should be doing great.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Avendin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Master all your weapons and it doesn't matter. The disarm wasn't what undid you; it was your spear proficiency. No-disarm weapons are extremely powerful and can definitely be the make-or-break factor in a warrior vs warrior duel.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Avendin wrote:
Master all your weapons and it doesn't matter. The disarm wasn't what undid you; it was your spear proficiency. No-disarm weapons are extremely powerful and can definitely be the make-or-break factor in a warrior vs warrior duel.

your probably right, but its the other person's skills not your own that matter in this case, like when he had no weapon he did more damage than with one... even though unarmed is mastered, and it didn't really matter he wasn't really parrying anything in the first place. (I learned the hard way about a year ago that damage roll doesn't matter if you can't get past their defenses.) so high hit roll helped again I believe my hit and damage roll is 20/39 or something like that, it could be higher but I need to get my dex back to normal first... But no disarm weapons are over rated, give me 'nightfall' and a bejeweled battleaxe and i'll take on whoever it was that would want a cursed sword. Which by the way you always want the option of switching weapons so cursed weapons are only good for mages.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Avendin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject:

Do you think people with nodisarm weapons are stuck with them? They use demon-faced talismans or helms of weakening to switch out weapons painlessly. Most use macros or aliases.

0 0 0
Matthais

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject:

alrighty, I dont know what class you are but I know that most classes have maces. So, if you disarm a mace which you can parry well and he has a spear now in his primary spot and you dont have that weapon skill he will hit you more.

Now, get your lvl 35 head out of your ass and think at lvl 50. Lets look at a fight between two warriors at lvl 50, one with nondisarms, and another without. Well, lets say they start with dirts. Thats well and good. Well, the nondisarm person, depending on hitroll, can go right to trip/bash, disarm and the trip or what not. The dude with disarmable weapons either has to bash or trip his way to prevent, which doesnt work, or hope to god he doesnt get disarmed, or flee when he does

Vertas wrote:
"But no disarm weapons are over rated, give me 'nightfall' and a bejeweled battleaxe and i'll take on whoever it was that would want a cursed sword"

I say, give me a vorpal and a battlemasters and we wil see who wins.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Matthais wrote:

I say, give me a vorpal and a battlemasters and we wil see who wins.

I'll hear to that... I have dueled someone wearing a vorpal sword AND GOD THAT THING HURTS! but happening to like nightfall and just now obtaining a bejewelled battle axe, alls well that ends well, but don't forget disarming still isn't the best idea, ever disarmed a fire giant? Whether or not they have hand to hand mastered they still to great damage, yes it removes a defense, but most people see it as them doing less damage, it has to do with technique, mages, yes disarm them palis yes (Right Osther?) and then bash or trip them to death, bash isn't always the best idea if your fighting a fell, or giant... So of course no removeable weapons can turn the tables but that doesn't always make or break the fight, my necro uses a cursed serin longsword that's enchanted three times, and it works okay but I'm not the one taking or giveing the blows.... That's what zombies are for right Yjiel?

and I also want to say, Mullet you should write a 'how to play a psi' essay and have dav put it on the website...

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Ugh, enough blind trying leading the seeing. Cripes vertas, these people are giving you good valuable experience-gained advice. Quit shooting your damn mouth, take it in cuz half of these people answer have had warlord's that have done really damn well and have more than 1 year experience. A 16 dex fire giant berserker with only two defenses (parry and dodge), will be more likely slaughted by ice weapons despite the fact that their damage isn't reduced by h2h than before. If you don't believe this, read Davairus' bitch about eye gouge. Read the AC topic. Defenses do lots of good in ar. (See: illithid psions getting eating alive by holy avenger/hallowed blade).

As it's been said... when you've got two evenly trained warriors. Both dirt, one disarms, one goes oh crap, flee, unless they wanna be chain lagged to death. That's the power of no-disarm. Why? Just the way things work.

EDUT - two defenses after dirt/disarm.

Last edited by Clifton on Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Hamp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject:

I can't believe Vertas is actually saying that he can take someone with a no-disarm weapon that actually knows what he's doing. I play Groq.. and I think alot of warriors would shit their pants and not know what to do but flee without no-disarm weapons. It will make or break you at 50. I you can't get a no-disarm weapon at fifty then avoid fighting any class that can disarm. It doesn't matter if your a fire giant or not, you won't hit enough disarmed to matter.

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject:

Uhm...Clifton, maybe I didn't understand your post, but fire giant berserkers have parry dodge shield block and dual parry. Not just parry and dodge. And if they rage dodge won't take effect. And if you're a fire giant berserker...well, shield block is more effective then dual parry and I'd prefer to be a defensive berserker in a duel anyday of the week and twice on T.G.I.F. No-disarm weapons can decide the fate of a battle yes. Then again I've seen schmucks dual wield a disarmable weapon and never notice when someone offhand disarmed them and then they never quite realize why they're getting hit more. Then there are the dummies who wield an uncursed weapon which is normally cursed in hopes their opponents will assume its cursed. Remember folks, just because it seems cursed doesn't mean it is. Always try for the disarm once to check. Same with no-disarm shields. And wielding a cursed weapon is only useful if the person you're fighting isnt resistant to it. I mean, I guess you might still want to use it regardless for the no-disarm factor, but its value is decreased when you dont hit as hard with it. And something the dumb n00bs who've said being disarmed doesnt matter much about appear to not realize. Being disarmed not only reduces your damage potential, but you all of a sudden lose parry. And if you're dual wielding and it's a no-disarm weapon too, you're bound to get it disarmed too. No-disarm weapons make normal players into fiends. And even though(thank the gods, mullet is banned from the forum) someone can pass onto him that he's a dumbass with an inflated ego.

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject:

You know you've played a memorable & elite character when other people brag for you. No use in tooting your own horn when the other players don't support it.

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject:

Which means I get to claim all the credit for what you did Ramrod since I taught you from the days you were just a wee little elf healer getting denied for multiplaying.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Okay how about this... Since we drifted off topic I'll make one on disarm...

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: