Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 4 hours.

is this a good class?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rasha

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: is this a good class?

Evil or Very Mad is the warrior class one of the best?

0 0 0
Athaekeetha

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Well...

Well, the aim of the immortals of this mud is to create a system that allows for all classes to be balanced at the peak level (50). This does not always work as planned, but things are constantly adjusted when they are out of whack.

That being said, there are certain classes that are better than others at certain ranges of levels. Warriors are strong in the starting levels (1-20 or so) as compared to mages.

If you're just looking for a first character here and want to try something that will not die right away, a warrior is a good bet (or a storm giant healer or something). If you're looking to make it to the high ranks 40+, any character can be good once you get up that high alot will depend on your own skill in playing.

As to what is "the best" alot of that has to do with 2 things:

a) personal preference/skill
b) what you want it to be "the best" at

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject:

For example:

Gnomes are by far the "best" at being laughed at, ridiculed, and targeted as easy kills.

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject:

Gnomes are pretty pimp... considering that they get 1k+ hp and mana. But they're terribly weak to beatings... so, not recommended if you can't find good eq to outdamage.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject:

off topic, but not to mention that gnomes get sucky str, dex, and con...

0 0 0
Avendin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject:

Warriors are very vanilla. They don't take out stuff in weird and unusual ways; they are very straightforward. That can be an advantage for a newbie (in fact, warrior is highly recommended for a newbie who wants to learn how to fight), but it also means using them to great effect takes some skill. In truth, no one class is superior to another. Just about any race/class combo can kill another race/class combo at 50, and that's the aim of the game, to have the deciding factor in most situations as a player's skill and not some inherent advantage. Disregard gnomes and maybe you can apply that statement across the board.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject:

Well your all right on this, except for Clifton no pimps are not gnomes. And warriors CAN be one of the better classes, anyone CAN own all. Like for instance, today I dueled this warlord, four times I won twice. So after I lost for the second time this dk comes out and casts fireball, of course we're both injured (me at 1 health still mortally wounded) and I died first... He took a necklace made of elven bones, left 'nightfall', left a whispering battleaxe, took my sack, my white gold bracelets, a teeth necklace, some red dragon gear, and some other junk... (obviously one of those rare newbs who get to high levels and manage to pk like that) I got mad and contracted him, and the coward stayed invisible and quit... This is a tactic, this is how trash dks survive while me, the warrior survives by bashing them to death... The mage survives by spamming ca bl gygh, then o all rescue bob then they spam acid blast. Any character can own all, but some of them don't have the option of being cheap about it, like warlords, or palis, or healers, or dks wait nevermind. There are several ways to own all, 1 your rank, 2 their rank, 3 your equipment, 4 their equipment, 5 your character skills, 6 theirs, 7 and your personal tacitcs, and theirs... See how all those things make a difference. The first two have to do with how easily your skills will work. And all else is easy so just be a human warrior (excellent pk range) and get good equipment (kill battlement guards while mastering your weapons and buy them off the market) then learn tactics by watching people duel...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject:

Anyone ever notice that on almost every post by Vertas he compares to his own 'life' experience? Just a thought..

Warrior Arch types are good for newbies for the most part, you can aid clercis to that as well for the obvious healing and sanctuary and stuff.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject:

Shouldnt this be in the newb forum? "uh are warriors a good class?" Advanced gameplay discussion at its finest.

Post in the right place rasha, or I'll be turning up at your house with a tire iron.

0 0 0
Avendin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject:

Davo wrote:
Post in the right place rasha, or I'll be turning up at your house with a tire iron.

Avendin shudders at the horror and represses tears. Bad memories.. *sob*

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject:

Avendin wrote:
Davo wrote:

Avendin shudders at the horror and represses tears. Bad memories.. *sob*

Laughing
funny anyway I just realized, mullet your right I do tend to do that. I'd make a great grandad. "Back in my day..."

Listen to dav he knows these things, dav are you a grandpa yet?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject:

Dav is too ugly to have kids. He missed me with his tire iron and got clanged in the face. So he has no grandkids because he has no kids. Unless that fat chick he raped happened to get pregnant. Who knows the possibilities?

0 0 0
Stephen2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Mullet, that's disgusting and going too far.

Don't talk shit like that.

0 0 0
Evins

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Dav and I have some kids!

Idea Idea Idea Idea

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Ummmm... that really is too far but still slightly amusing.

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject:

HOLY FUCK!!! We were rank 13!!!! This morning... WE ARE NOW RANK 27!!! VOTE YOU SILLY FUCKS! Or I will have davs kids come and do mean nasty things to you. GRR!

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: