Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 23 hours.

what is the best race for
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rasha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: what is the best race for

what is the best race for a dark knight?

0 0 0
Avendin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject:

for noob, human
for cleave, drow
for ownage, avian

http://abandonedrealms.wolfpaw.net/strategy/darkknight.php

0 0 0
Hamp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject:

If that is true then why is it that Davarius asks for a human dkn in Legion? Not only a human dkn but if you apply with a human dkn you better be able to show the utmost talent.

0 0 0
Avendin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Humans are the easiest race for a noob who probably won't make it to 50 anyway because they have the most favourable PK ranges. However, they take skill to own with at 50. Also, Dav might be desirous of a vamp legion who can solo PK.

0 0 0
Hamp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Last I knew Vamp can only be assassin unless shit is going to change.

0 0 0
Avendin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Asking for a human dkn just rang a bell when I first read that is all.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject:

wrong. noob = avian. gimp = drow.

0 0 0
Mental Patient-101

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject:

My first dark-knight was a human by the name of Darbane. After he died I made an avian and a drow, althought the avian is my personal preference.

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject:

I agree with Dav, it took my a good long time to figure out how to pk with a human dk, although I did alright at it, I wasted a lot of gold on flying scrolls. Avians are the best dk choice no matter which way you are going (save undead) because of flight. Although Humans have a better weapon selection at fifty because of their better strength.

0 0 0
Graves

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: hrm...three races.

lets see...I'll have to agree with Davarius...there are a couple of fine points in being a drow (sneak, high dex, high intelligence) and in being an avian (auto fly and high dex). However, human dkn is probably the best race for that class due to its average stats. Human dkn has average mana, more health than the other two races, decent dex, and enough strength to use some pretty good weapons. Not to mention, avian dkn is vulnerable to disease, drow is vulnerable to mithril, while the human has no vulnerability. A Human does not have any weakness, nor does it have any great strengths either. The requirement for vampires being human dkn at 35 can be explained rp and pk wise. In roleplaying terms, a vampire is the antithesis of a human. By folklore, myths, stories, etc. vampires can meld with humans, ( blood sucking conversion, and breeding) not to mention a vampire needs the blood of humans to survive. I have never read anything about Drows nor Avians being converted into vampires. Undead maybe, but never vampires. Pk wise or game wise, requirement of humans dkn at 35 for vampires is mainly to test their abilities. Being an all round player (humans being all round, double pun) is required to be a vampire. Just like a human dkn, vampires are difficult to play. In the hands of an unadaptable player, it can be the worst class for them. However, it can also be the best class in the game as well. So being human dkn first, is just a testing stage, to see if you can cope with the 12 hour shifts, the variety of different skills, and the ability to actually roleplay everything out. You can ask why not human shamans, or human/class and I think the main reason is because any other class does not fit the conversion very well. Dark Knight is probably the same as saying Anti-paladin, and vampires are the extreme end of a paladin/crusader. Game play wise, healer/shaman/etc. does not have the necessary skill/spell combo for a complete match when converting from class to vampire. Just my two cents.

Graves

0 0 0
Stephen2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject:

My god, people, PLEASE!!! I can't understand how sooo many long time players still think:

Quote:
drow is vulnerable to mithril

It's CRAP! Drow's CANNOT use mithril equipment, but they are in NO WAY vulnerable to mithril!

A fine mithril sword will do NO extra vuln damage to a drow than any other standard sword!!!

Same as Elf vs. Iron..

Get it in your heads! It's important!

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject:

He's right you know, the only reason why mithril would be a good thing to carry, is 'cause they can't use it... Anywho I thought newbs were supposed to figure these things out on their own...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Brains

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject:

Reminds me of the time I tried to make the Ultimate Shaman, drow (when everyone was either human or deurgar, and I thought int mattered) - ranked em to 50, then got him decked out, except for the weapon. Waited for the Vainglory, ran in and got it, grined like an idiot, and wielded it.

Zap.

Damn you, 'zuk.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject:

lmfao, a wacked sob story, LOL funny. hahaha

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject:

Stephen2 wrote:
My god, people, PLEASE!!! I can't understand how sooo many long time players still think:

Quote:
drow is vulnerable to mithril

It's CRAP! Drow's CANNOT use mithril equipment, but they are in NO WAY vulnerable to mithril!

A fine mithril sword will do NO extra vuln damage to a drow than any other standard sword!!!

Same as Elf vs. Iron..

Get it in your heads! It's important!

/me throws a fine mithril sword at Stephen2's drow necro.

Oh. Looks like you're wrong. Again.

0 0 0
Brains

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject:

So, by throwing a weapon of a certain type at a vulnerable race, it, instead of doing its normal damage type or bashing damage, rubs up against whatever exposed skin it can and gives them an irritating rash for extra cruel damnage?

Err, wtf?

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject:

it works the same as backstab...

0 0 0
Avendin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Stephen2 ownt. If you look at the new help files when starting a new character, mithril and silver are clearly listed as vulnerabilities for drow just like ice and magic are listed for a fire giant. Thus the effects are the same. This is rather inconvenient when four of the Tower of Sorcery weapons are extra-spiffy against drow (mithril staff, mithril sword, silver whip, silver spear).

0 0 0
George

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Back to the topic, Human dark-knights are good for starting off. Stronger than the rest and have a favorable PK range.

0 0 0
Graves

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Stephen2

kinda funny how old time players can still read character creation info. hrm? before flaming us Stephen2, you might want to double check your facts first. I didn't write that post from my ass you know.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: