Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 7 days, 19 hours.

A few idea's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merindol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: A few idea's

1) Wandering Trader

Have a trader start out in Seringale and travel to timaran/valour.
He/She could carry specific items required for quests or just general items.

2) Group or Solo Quests

Group quests can consist of a few things really. You could have an adventurer staged in each of the three cities asking players to join in a quest to gather things or defeat a boss.

Like seringale for example. Have an adventurer sit at the south gate or anywhere asking people to join him on a journey to defeat Drisnek. Once the right amount of players join in they set off to drisnek with the adventurer and once Drisnek is slain they could gather gold/exp. The possibilities are endless. Same goes for Solo.

Another quest would be to gain equipment. Have the adventurer lead a group to gather a blood candle or any other equipment. Once the right number of players have joined the adventurer would lead them into the forest and 'fog' or do whatever to is needed to bring the spriggan out of hiding. The RP of this would be awesome as well. Once the spriggan is fogged the adventurer could yell something like "There he is! Get him!".

anyways, my two cents. Please do not post flames I'm hoping this will spin off into some other idea's we could use to make AR a better place.

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

0 0 0
Matthais

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject:

You can sort of do that already. You can complete quests in groups and all get credit for it. I think that making a extremely hard creature for the finale of the quest would almost force a group to work together to finish it.

Im a huge fan of quests, so any reasons to stick more of them in the realms is great.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
something about a boss

if anyone wants to solo xanthak, be my guest. some of these quests (especially the harder ones) were already designed for groups.

merindol, your ideas sound like something that could be simply rped. why not have an adventurous character who makes his life goal, "i would like to visit all the giants in thera, who's with me?" if you pull it off well enough, it'll be fun for everyone. all you need is a bit of imagination and the will to actually do it. if you make it convincing, not just "oh, i want red dragon, who wants to come fight dragons with me" but rather "my father was slain by dragons, and my life's work is to go about killing every dragon-like thing in thera, from wyverns and lizards to tiamat." i think it'd be pretty cool if people started coming up with their own versions of quests, and i'm sure there are a lot of you with very imaginative ideas. if the whole point of it *is* to get nice items, despite it all, you'll still have fun rping, and so will the people you meet.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject:

I think a wandering merchant could be cool. But he should wander somewhere hard to get to, and should sell really neat stuff that poofs when you quit out. Like expensive swords... or something

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject:

We already have everything here..

0 0 0
Viggs

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject:

who is that guy that pops up in Timerian every once inawhile and sells that stuff that im never the right level for when he pops in on me ? wow , this feels like the stoned thread all of a sudden.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject:

ahahahahaa

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject:

Trader sound cool, but better yet, it can be a group of like 3 traders all high level mobs and some evil ass people can try to kill them and loot them, but they would be very hard to fight and have skills and pets.... That would be amazing.....

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject:

The strange old man in Timeran needs to lower his prices. If you compare what he is selling to what is being sold by the illithid armor, you will see that the illithid is about the same only alot cheaper. his items should not be over 10k, there is better armor that is cheaper then his and he is not easy to buy from. Another example to compare prices, the armor sold in darkhaven.

Grayden Grim of the Bloody Fields of Flesh

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: