Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 13 hours.

Area spells illegal?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saych

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Area spells illegal?

I get attacked by a fell in town. I use my tornado and slay the fell. Next thing I know I'm wanted. The justice tells me to give myself up, and I ask him why Area spells are illegal. He then says immortals make the laws, I do not know why it is illegal. (well something along those lines)

My question is why is an area spell illegal if it hit nothing except for my attacker?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject:

Those are illegal because they're extremely dangerous - you might have hit an innocent bystander with that. Some players can be hiding, or invisible, etc. They're risky to use in towns - so the law prohibits them completely. Well that's why Justice has ruled them illegal as far as I can remember. In this case its the act of casting one thats illegal, so the Justice can't do anything if they didn't see you.

other noteable area spells:
-fireball
-earthquake
-thunder storm
-etc

They're not exactly town friendly.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: Area spells illegal?

Saych wrote:
I get attacked by a fell in town. I use my tornado and slay the fell. Next thing I know I'm wanted. The justice tells me to give myself up, and I ask him why Area spells are illegal. He then says immortals make the laws, I do not know why it is illegal. (well something along those lines)

My question is why is an area spell illegal if it hit nothing except for my attacker?

should be okay if he's a traitor, I mean I didn't get in trouble for reciting a strange template on one once... The justice was there because he got wanted after he used a fireball and attacked someone else, it was really funny he had three people attacking him, me, that one guy, the special guard... Idiots... They should make fells/ abyssals idiot proof.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Saych

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject:

alright ya, i understand that it's dangerous. The justice did slay me, but he kept my leggings just because I fought back......Why does a justice get to pick and choose equipment that he wants because someone fights back? Hell I was waiting at the north gate for him to come attack me....what else does he want? A free kill?

0 0 0
Stephen2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject:

Quote:
should be okay if he's a traitor, I mean I didn't get in trouble for reciting a strange template on one once

A poor decision by the Justice. You should have been flagged for that. Just because it's a direct attack on a non-protected character, doesn't mean there couldn't have been a protected one hiding in the shadows etc...

Quote:
Why does a justice get to pick and choose equipment that he wants because someone fights back?

It's like a cop these days. If he goes to arrest you and you fight back, you'll get in more trouble won't you?

The only extra trouble you can get into apart from losing a life to the Justice, is to lose some equipment, so that's what happens.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Stephen2 wrote:
Quote:
should be okay if he's a traitor, I mean I didn't get in trouble for reciting a strange template on one once

A poor decision by the Justice. You should have been flagged for that. Just because it's a direct attack on a non-protected character, doesn't mean there couldn't have been a protected one hiding in the shadows etc...

Quote:
Why does a justice get to pick and choose equipment that he wants because someone fights back?

It's like a cop these days. If he goes to arrest you and you fight back, you'll get in more trouble won't you?

The only extra trouble you can get into apart from losing a life to the Justice, is to lose some equipment, so that's what happens.

1. I wouldn't have to worry about hidden because this is a thief I'm talking about and two, you are probably right about the whole area affect thing in town, I should have been flagged, but I got lucky.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Re:

Okay, some illigal area spells you probably didn't think of...
Faerie fog (yes it's illigal to use it in town, whoever is hiddin is hiding for a reason)
Calm (suprisingly yes calm is an illigal spell to use in town)
All offensive bard songs (obviously, I'm not sure if 'broken spirit' counts though same effect as calm but it only stops the fight as far as I know).

0 0 0
Stephen2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject:

The tough thing is to name an area of effect spell that ISN'T illegal.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject:

Stephen2 wrote:
The tough thing is to name an area of effect spell that ISN'T illegal.

well, as far as I know, there are none Torkalen sang devils dance in front of Endeniss way back, and I walked into the room and was stuck there for like ten minutes. Which was good, because the fell I was hunting was there too, which is bad because neither of us could do anything... Ah well no legal area affect spells as far as I know.

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: umm..

Torkalen is immortal.. thats like trying to arrest a president in the streets... its pointless.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Faerie fog (yes it's illigal to use it in town, whoever is hiddin is hiding for a reason)

Funny you mention that...

I saw a Justice come to North Square the other day. A druid and an illusionist were BOTH standing there, spamming "faerie fog". The Justice (who will remain anonymous for the time being) walked in, and he stood there for at least two castings of "faerie fog". The Justice then left, and nobody was flagged.

Whether this was due to laziness or just a "don't care" attitude, it still happened. Hell, it could've been simply that they were thinking "nobody really gets hurt with 'faerie fog'," but that's still not a Justice's decision to make, IMHO.

0 0 0
pip

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Ahaha, that new one, Sasarai or whatever, he was standing in town while Kimvat was running around attacking people, and go figure, he wasn't flagged. Aint that about a biatch?

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject:

No, it wasn't Sasarai. It was one of the older Justices... one with more experience that should've known better (IMHO).

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: See the best justice in action!!

I caught this log of a justice, this is utter crap i mean cmon.... read it and draw your own conclusions

http://ar.magewares.net/index.php?View&msg=74

the justice trying to fukn trade with a wanted..... what is the world comming to.

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: See the best justice in action!!

Seryie wrote:
I caught this log of a justice, this is utter crap i mean cmon.... read it and draw your own conclusions

http://ar.magewares.net/index.php?View&msg=74

the justice trying to fukn trade with a wanted..... what is the world comming to.

Yeah some of those new Justice's are trash, except maybe Jezikapine he's alright, and Noquarinze (sp?) is never on so I don't really know about him, but Naugrim and Sasarai are definatly trash. Sasarai kept attacking me (outside of town, incase I haven't mentioned it to the world by now by posting it three times) and then told me that he would keep attacking me unless I paid him 20k.

0 0 0
Greyna

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject:

What's the problem with a justice attacking you outside of town? They only keep justice in four towns, that I know of: Seringale, Timaran, Darkhaven, Valour. And Valour's not much of a town anymore, so do they still protect it?

0 0 0
Rezakhan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Justices are allowed to attack outside of town all they want, subject to the normal rp restrictions on any other character. They are only not supposed to do it if there is a criminal for them to hunt down instead. I personally think its great when Justices try to fight outside of town--much better than the ones that never leave town and just hoard the eq they take off criminals. Particularly Sasarai, since its nice to have him funneling his equipment to me...Wink

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Re:

Did I mention he was blackmailing me?

0 0 0
Stephen2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject:

Wahhh Gonk Sweat Wahhh Gonk Sweat Wahhh Gonk Sweat

0 0 0
LABruinCub

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject:

Wells, judging from that log, I'd have to say that Naugrim prolly didn't know what he was doing, normally a Justice should have no interaction with a wanted criminal other than punching him in the face.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: