Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 11 hours.

Weapon ward

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Weapon ward

Weapon ward sucks you have to flee and recast and hope it casts or they come in and fuck you up the ass again. Why can't it last longer just a thought

0 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject:

If you want it to last longer pick a race that has a higher primary stat for your class (int for mage, wis for cleric).

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject:

Weapon ward has a significant duration boost at 50. Only spellcasters have weapon ward, and spellcasters are designed to be at their best at 50.

0 0 0
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject:

Do I look like a retarded 5 year old I know its for spellcasters only I was just saying for a healer in their 20's it's pretty much a 0 hour duration.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject:

You can barely scratch your ass at level 20. Fighting other people is out of the question. Just hurry up to 36+ at the least.

0 0 0
jeoparty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject:

We don't know if you look like a retarded five year old, but you sure fucking sound like one.

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject:

A) "Weapon ward has a significant duration boost at 50";
B) "Only spellcasters have weapon ward, and spellcasters are designed to be at their best at 50";

Leads to the unspoken conclusion--

C) So why are you playing in the kiddie pool as a spellcaster, instead of doing something about your short weapon ward duration by leveling out of it?

0 0 0
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject:

Well I don't wanna ask half the realms to help me out with creatures that kick my ass just because they disarm it just pisses me off cause the shit factor of time duration on weapon ward. I like the spells for all the mages don't get me wrong and I know thats when they get their most powerful but for fuck sakes add a hour or two I don't wanna spend 20 mana every hour to flee and re-enter a battle just to be bent over.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject:

Soldier wrote:
I like the spells for all the mages don't get me wrong and I know thats when they get their most powerful but for fuck sakes add a hour or two I don't wanna spend 20 mana every hour to flee and re-enter a battle just to be bent over.

For the love of god, Jim!

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject:

So you know that spellcasters are supposed to be strong at 50, but you don't like the fact that they're NOT strong at low levels (due to issues like low weapon ward length). Have you thought maybe that weapon ward duration is the way it is, I don't know, by design perhaps so that spellcasters would be more vulnerable when they're young?

And if you thought that's hard, it's a good thing that you weren't a lowbie spellcaster trying to deal with disarm before we added weapon ward.

0 0 0
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject:

I've noticed that since the new combat mods and all the other updates they land so much more. All the past spellcasters they didn't have the problem to this extent.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject:

Hobble isn't a problem until level 30+. Disarm is a problem if you're 1) spammed or 2) blinded. 2 can be avoided, 1 is due to player. I've never had problems with weapon ward myself.

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject:

The only things that changed about disarm were a) weapon types being taken into account, but that's irrelevant in the lowbie caster vs mob scenario since the vast majority of mobs don't use weapons at all; and b) stats being factored into disarm, which actually helps the lowbie caster since mob stats are so crappy at low levels (for example, the boogum has a str of 15, much lower than any possible PC race).

So no, the addition of weapon ward in no way made lowbie casters any more vulnerable to mobs. Sorry.

0 0 0
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Then how do you explain disembodied eyes and shit disarming me every second round? It's not bad enough when they disarm but the second round is normally the time when I re-equipped my weapon.

0 0 0
Adebaldi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Just use a client with re-wielding triggers instead of complaining or even better - do not use any weapons at all.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: