Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 7 hours.

Necromancer Strategies
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mummy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Necromancer Strategies

Okay. So. Yesterday I put an avian warrior to sleep before the fight started, blinded him, cursed him, weakened him, and plague did not affect him, and I used my Toxic flux spell on him with him having no sanctuary. A couple questions. One, why did toxic flux not hurt him more than it does anyone else? I thought they were vulnerable to disease. Second, why was he unaffected by plague? Third and last, he won. How am I supposed to kill warriors? I know I suck at mages big-time, but I am trying to learn... Cannot have zombies rescue because of the flee, murder, flee combo spam.... Rend life does not hurt him enough for battles when he is hitting massacres through sanctuary. What do I do? Should I have tried to blind him after he used a gyvel potion or what?

(PS- if you know who I am, please keep it quiet. Thanks...)

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject:

If toxic flux is anything it would be poison rather than disease. Don't bother with it.

Sleep, curse, plague, weaken, blind is good. I would however make poison the spell you use to wake him, then damage spells after that. Rescue appropriately.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject:

#1, dont kill. Rank.

#2, blind so he cant use the flee murder

#3, zombie rescue is still affective since his murder lag is the same as your rescue lag.

#4, dont kill. Rank.

At any rank, a massacre through aura is pretty doubtful. Especially from an avian. I would check the log. I would bet your aura fell.

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Oh. My bad. Disembowel average with some dismembers here and there. Honestly, I cannot look back at logs. I use telnet and so I have to rely on memory. Looking back, I think you were right. Disembowel average through sanc. Where can I see a list of how long everything lags? Or do I have to experiment with it? Poison is not a disease either and it causes less damage. Do it for the effects, I assume? And is there a way I don't know about to log things through telnet?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Mummy wrote:
is there a way I don't know about to log things through telnet?

You could try setting your buffer size to something a lot longer (like 999), then youc an edit/select all/, and press enter to copy. And use brief mode otherwise 999 wont be enough.

edit: massacres through sanc hawaht? That is one scary dude.

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject:

This is obviously a case of a huge equipment difference if he's doing disembers through sanc. If you were dressed like he was then dispel/rend life would have won you the battle, especialy with those mals you landed. Sadly an equipment difference can, in rare instances, be SO huge that there's almost nothing you can do expect back of until you are better equipped yourself.

Oh, and if it says "Joe blogs seems to be unaffected" it just means the spell failed. Just try it again.

0 0 0
Dahlin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject:

After you sleep him and spell him up, summon him to somewhere else withing that area. That way it's impossible for him to run far blind, until he quaffs that gyvel of course. And an avian doing dismembers through sanc? Probably has pretty low saves. And yes, always go for poison on a sleeping target. Poison lowers strength and dex, pretty painful. Further, toxic flux is an anti mob spell, you're better off getting more damroll and using rend life, or an aff break and acid blasting.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject:

You are a fucking Necromancer. You command the dead. USE ZOMBIES.

I will give you the run down on Necromancers. They are uber at 50, period. They are hard as HELL to rank. They are hard as HELL to prepare EVERY TIME YOU LOG ON. If you dont have two hours to dedicate to playing *AT THE VERY LEAST*, play a different character. Getting three decent zombies(two for you) is not easy. Much easier with potions now, but not easy.

Purple potions are required at all times. It falls, and you are chasing and they are at 1 hp, quaf a damn purple. You can get royally fucked so quickly its stupid, so use what you have, and be prepared. Have 20 purples. You are mid chase, protection falls *I assume you still have it?*, stop and cast prot.

With a warrior try to use rescue right after he uses a skill. If you just sit and wait he will do one of two things. A) he will flee murder, in which you need to hit him with rend when he flees. B) he will use a skill like dirt or overhead. After which you have a ZOMBIE rescue, and then you pop him with a rend. Then he flees and you pop him again, or he redirects and you do the same process all over again. Be sure to keep track of protective shield/sanc/flight.

Stretch the fight. Run around alot. Use your uber amount of purples to your advantage.

Stand in a spot like the crossroads where there are four directions he will flee. This will make him take another half second to figure out which direction.

Necros are not just some cheese class that anyone can play. You MUST prepare. You have to be patient and unwilling to just jump in to the fray unless you must.

There is so much more. Use your spells. And prepare. I cant believe you fought her with no zombies.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject:

Full zombies keep spells up (sanc protective shield weap ward fly) spam rend life. Seemed to work for mort... No have fully zombies, keep spells up, and check out their saves. If low on mental, dispel their sanc, zombies will take care of them. Low maledictive, risk a sleep and then spell them up. You fail? Blind. Low afflictive? Rend life. They're a vamp? Rend life doesn't work, nor does toxic flux so avoid fighting them.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Sleep is a mental spell.

YOU IDJIOT!

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject:

* Sleep is now maledictive (which hurts a necromancer for a number of reasons)

* Necros no longer have protection (protection creature instead).

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Uhh, I didnt get the chance to fight Mortumar, so I didnt get to see how a decent 50 necro was but...

That sounds crazy to me. necors with no prot? Sleep is a mal? Jeez.

Good luck Mummy.

0 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject:

crazyhorse wrote:
YOU IDJIOT!

you really should not call others idiots if you cant even spell the word.

YOU DUMBASS IDIOT!

Last edited by Smotpoker on Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject:

I did use zombies I am not stupid, crazyho. Thanks for helping me out all...

YOU ROCK!!!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject:

I think damroll mages are gimmicky, and rather played out. Just try the "classic" necro, hp/acid blast/aff-break/zombies combo, and show them that melee doesn't matter (for a necro). If it doesn't work, I guess get 40 dam then. I'd rather play a warrior with 40 dam myself, you get more mileage out of it that way.

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Go for acid blast? What happened to rend? Which is better/easier to kill with? Confused

0 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject:

I think that rend life is a great spell since no one can save from it but you need a shitload of damroll like what dav said 40+ and acid blast you need aff break so they wont save against it and you can put more hp eq on instead of damroll. So either one is powerful if you have the right items but take my advice with caution seeing how I havent played a necro in forever and when I did I died to everyone but the ones to stupid to flee when I got the lucky dispel.

0 0 0
Dahlin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Rend life is potentially more deadly than acid blast, but you need tons of damroll. When Mortumar had his uberpimp suit on, rend life was an oblit a round. However, for a strong acid blast, all you need is one nice piece of aff break, and you can use the rest of your armor for other things. And the aff break isn't just to get past saves, it actually boosts the damage of acid blast due to dependency.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject:

"Rend life" has lots of problems, but the most obvious of these is being laughed at by the other mages, because your mage is dressed like metal mickey. And by being laughed at, what I meant was taking it in the ass from dispel magic without lube. But there aren't many high rank mages around.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Smotpoker wrote:
I think that rend life is a great spell since no one can save from it but you need a shitload of damroll like what dav said 40+ and acid blast you need aff break so they wont save against it and you can put more hp eq on instead of damroll. So either one is powerful if you have the right items but take my advice with caution seeing how I havent played a necro in forever and when I did I died to everyone but the ones to stupid to flee when I got the lucky dispel.

Good luck keeping that eq.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: