Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 4 hours.

Questing for advancement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do I like this?
Yes
88%
 88%  [ 31 ]
No
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 35

Mandor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Soldier wrote:
Yeah but Dav the thing thats best about this game is selection. You start deleting more shit and have areas for both alignments to rank you'll get more pk out of it. Which isn't good for Heralds and such and on top of that you'll chase the newbs that can't pk away thats another thing I'm pretty sure no one wants.

thats what makes squires and the goodie buddy system so useful. if you've got a group of 3 goodies, and a group of 3 evils comes at your group, then your group can kill their group, so there's risk to them there, which just sets them back, meanwhile you can call for goodie reinforcements from an entire area, and some high level goodie human warrior, maybe even some squires, will come and stomp those evils into oblivion.

so yes, it will increase pk, which I actually think is good for the game as a whole, a lot of people avoid pking until high ranks, and then die a lot there, and delete. instead wouldnt you rather have people learn the pking basics at low ranks? even if the classes arent balanced, there's still something to learn from lowbie pk, on both sides. you dont expect everyone to instantly be expert at level 50 from 0 experience do you? and having everyone on a more equal skill level will make the game more fun! .

heralds shouldnt be excused from pk simply because they're writers. what if they write a scathing review of legion, such as they are constantly dying and incompetent? even if this was true, if I were a legion I'd have that gnomes flattened head as my dinner. Doesn't make much sense at low ranks, but then who is a low ranked herald?

newbies will learn to pk faster because it happens more often and sooner, so they avoid getting to 40-50 range and then deleting in frustration.

Because there's so many people who've been playing a long time, you can't avoid skilled players who want to gank. Hopefully though, newbies will be actively trying to pk instead of getting pked, and get better from it.

as for the original topic, that sounds exactly like WoW. people come here for the rp/pk.

0 0 0
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject:

I'm just trying to keep the newbs in mind.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Shaldun Dalghul is a super-evil area, occupied by several strains of a mindless roaming badass that burps out mortals in a few seconds. Add to that, one step wrong or a bad summon puts you into the clutches of a level 57. That's why there is a sign in front of it warning people to stay out.

Its a case of if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Even most of the vets on the game would rather rank in easy drkshyre or easy tainted valley, where the only real threat is a router going down causing a group to lose link. Newbs have nightmares about Shaldun and instantly pee themselves when someone just mentions the name of place. I'm not going to worry about them getting pked there. I like dreaming up ways to draw them inside though. Twisted Evil

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject:

I love ranking shaldun, that place is so much faster than Drkshtyre due to vulns.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject:

Okay.. it is somewhat time for a bump.

As far as questing for advancement goes, I think I may have been a little too hasty about this, and somewhat jumped the gun on something that we really won't like. So lets call it "questing WITH advancement" instead.

The new mudschool demonstrates what I'm talking about. Basically, the idea is, in every area (worth visiting) there would be a chain of quests to do, somewhat related to the zone of course, ultimately resulting in getting some extra exp from quests you coincidentally completed while levelling up. Gathering spider legs for a cook, thinning out the population of goblins for the exterminator, etc. And of course, some scout to point you towards the next zone. That's *it*. Rather linear and just adding a bit more depth into the exp grind.

I'd like to preserve the AR-quest feel alongside this. Things like pub crawls, crazy ass circus events, assassin missions from vinnie, reciting our rules, those are diversions that do happen to give you exp. But nevertheless they are diversions from serious ranking. I think we have a good thing going there , and don't want to dilute it with tons and tons of quickly-boring grindy crap chain quests.

So there's not been much action for a while because I was mulling over precisely what I wanted, and now I have arrived at a good idea, it should be more forthcoming as time/energy allows.

0 0 0
zifnab

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: More quest!

More quest are always good. Ranking in 30's sucks sometimes. We could all use a little xp.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: