Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 5 hours.

Any align/ethos day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nakachi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Any align/ethos day

So, had this idea that maybe one day, either scheduled in advance or random, that you could change the ethos/align of some race/class combos so that someone wanting to make a certain char would be able to make it.
Ex: Fire/War - Lawful,Neut
Stone/War - lawful,neut
Slith/War - Good/lawful
Gnome/War/Thi/Ran/Ill/Inv - Evil
Half-Elf - Evil maybe?
Duergar/War - Neut
That's all I can think of for now, but I kind of thought this would be something cool to do. Feedback please.

0 0 0
Shughurd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Any align/ethos day

Nakachi wrote:
So, had this idea that maybe one day, either scheduled in advance or random, that you could change the ethos/align of some race/class combos so that someone wanting to make a certain char would be able to make it.
Ex: Fire/War - Lawful,Neut
Stone/War - lawful,neut
Slith/War - Good/lawful
Gnome/War/Thi/Ran/Ill/Inv - Evil
Half-Elf - Evil maybe?
Duergar/War - Neut
That's all I can think of for now, but I kind of thought this would be something cool to do. Feedback please.

Fire War - No big bad tanks for justices plz
Stone War - read above
Slith War - A pure of a heart reptile? Loves elves and makes out with storm giants? No imo, it's a reptile, neutral = they don't rlly care, so its all cool, evil = they really dont care, they wanna hurt you warmblooded ones = ok aswell, but good = nono.
Gnome - Evil gnomes on a rampage? This isn't your abstract dream we're talking about.
Duergar War - Neutral? RTFM! Duergars are the most evil groin-kicking lads out there, watch Van Helsing and you get my point!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject:

Shughurd really nailed it already, but we took those combos out of the game because they were overpowered/cheesey/stupid/ basically undesirable characters. We should now open the floodgates to let in a bunch of characters we don't want in the game? WTF.

Here's an idea, if you are typing a suggestion and find yourself writing "I think it would be cool", stop there and don't bother. I really don't enjoy having to shoot down ideas at all and every time I see that, it happens.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Or! I have an idea! Become psychic! If Davairus doesn't like it (in his head) don't bring it up. I mean, this would solve the entire "Davairus doesn't like to shoot down ideas" thing right in its tracks. Right Dav!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject:

I'm guessing you didn't read my post because I said the ideas are garbage whenever the poster qualifies them with just "I think this would be cool". Its like .." hey.. I have no reasoning and really didnt think this through at all, but you know what? I think it would be cool. So I'll post this and see what Dav thinks. Oh damn he shot me down." Way to go Faelon?

0 0 0
Shughurd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject:

You should feel great, everyone is so interested of your opinion that you're like a mentor to them all:D a leader of the herd....commanders of lemmings:D

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Damn it all of you. I just deleted my character literally five seconds ago thinking that I was done with AR for a while, but no. Dav has to post his posts that for some strange reason override every ounce of reasoning in my body which tell me AR is too addictive to play right now, and give me the gut impulse to play again.

In less convoluted terms: Dav's post makes me want to play again even though reason says I shouldn't.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: