Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 7 hours.

Information for damage type

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kren

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Information for damage type

Is there a help file for damage type, the water weapons seem pretty straight forward but what about bash? For example: Is a thwack a bash? And is Turmoil mental?

0 0 0
trance_monkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Thwack would be blunt, and bash would also be blunt. However, I don't believe any blunt attack equals Bash. Halflings' weakness for bash, for example, would need a weapon that actually read "bash" to work.

"Your bash laid the hate down on Jeremy the Halfling!"

Turmoil, I believe, is magical and not mental.

I don't think there's any FAQ about this, though I'd love it if there were. You can do as I do and ask more experienced players. What I've gathered so far:

1) No real easy way to tell magic vs mental, other than testing. And that there's far more magic weapons than mental, so odds are it's magic.

2) Usually if you want to exploit a racial weakness, then the attack message usually needs to say exactly what they're immune to. For an Illithid's weakness to "Slashing weapons," you'd need a weapon that says "Your slash blah blah Illithid." There's some leniency on this, though, as I think "Your slice" might also work.

I'm not sure tho.

Hopefully someone more experienced can clear this up for both of us.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Actually gnomes are weak to thwack last I knew... Or maybe it was just the fish of doom that vanisse had that was so uber it thwacked me to the underworld and back...

Oh, and i used to use that giant ladle that did the thwack attack and it really hurt gnomes. It was fun... And if i recall, it was the same for pound and possibly crush as well.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject:

Its usually pretty intuitive, e.g. turmoil = energy (which if you think about it, makes sense, because illithids are obviously energy-resistant, and theyre the most evil chaotic of anything evil chaotic). There's no need to do a list for that, although you might have to scratch your head a little over some of them.

0 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject:

Sounds like something that would fit in at Invokation. Get people submitting the stuff for the list and compile it.

0 0 0
Shughurd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject:

Fire = flaming bite
Ice = freezing bite
Mental = illusionary spectre, phantom dragon breath, dreams
Water = drowning, torrent
Silver = gleaming silver
Light = rays
Magic = too many to name.

etc.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: