Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 3 hours.

The BEST Idea for Increasing Playerbase (take it seriously)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject:

Those were just the angry ravings of an ex-player who was banned for posting who list into chatroom OOC. We have Imms and responsible players alike able to to ,onitor such places and all I can say about that is good riddance trash.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
You either quit and come back or want to quit but can't because you realize, even if you don't want to admit it, that AR is a great game that you just (temporarily - unless you're mullet) suck at.

Should we add, "These newbie-babies also have a tendency to insult other players, specifically those who have wronged them in the past, any chance they can get."

Wink

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Faelon wrote:
Quote:
You either quit and come back or want to quit but can't because you realize, even if you don't want to admit it, that AR is a great game that you just (temporarily - unless you're mullet) suck at.

Should we add, "These newbie-babies also have a tendency to insult other players, specifically those who have wronged them in the past, any chance they can get."

Wink

hey, when opportunity knocks. Cool

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject:

The best way to not decrease pbase is to play your chars... Stick with them at fifty, there's always trying to master all your skills, pinnacling your pet, and regaining your items when you die...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Viggs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject:

The best way to increase the player base is and has always been word of mouth ,, If everyone got just ONE of our friends to play we double the player base.

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject:

not all of us have friends... Sad

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Best way: Take away surge all together. Thus actually getting people to play on times other then surge.

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject:

i agree 100% with taking away surge, but leaving in guild rewards

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Or better yet, making it perma-surge all the time.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject:

The church saw its population of worshippers rapidly declining as the world modernized, so they came up with the idea of "sunday worship" to pack the hall once a week and make it busy enough to stay interesting. Plus people like the idea of only having to spend an hour a week to get into heaven. Surge follows a similar principle. Nobody will be happy going back to church every day, except a few dang diddly bible thumpers. You can guarantee that one hour every sunday on AR isnt a total waste of time.

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject:

kento wrote:
Jesus...

I think the Real worst case scenario would be people quitting their jobs and missing school to play again... Hahaha... been a while since most of us have done that.

Mem'ries.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
The church saw its population of worshippers rapidly declining as the world modernized, so they came up with the idea of "sunday worship" to pack the hall once a week and make it busy enough to stay interesting.

I thought this comment was pretty interesting so I decided to research when the Church decided to switch worship to Sunday only and I found some interesting material.

According to the Wikipedia article on Christianity Justin Martyr espoused the idea of a Sunday worship around the 150 A.D*. The same article discusses different forms of worship and when they take place, and while it does state that there are Christians who worship on Saturday rather than Sunday, but there is no mention of meeting every day of the week or the Church rapidly losing members because they were having their services too often (though they did make changes because they were losing members to the new Protestant off-shoots after the Protestant Reformation).

Main conclusion here: Dav is wrong.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Ergorion wrote:
Davairus wrote:
The church saw its population of worshippers rapidly declining as the world modernized, so they came up with the idea of "sunday worship" to pack the hall once a week and make it busy enough to stay interesting.

I thought this comment was pretty interesting so I decided to research when the Church decided to switch worship to Sunday only and I found some interesting material.

According to the Wikipedia article on Christianity Justin Martyr espoused the idea of a Sunday worship around the 150 A.D*. The same article discusses different forms of worship and when they take place, and while it does state that there are Christians who worship on Saturday rather than Sunday, but there is no mention of meeting every day of the week or the Church rapidly losing members because they were having their services too often (though they did make changes because they were losing members to the new Protestant off-shoots after the Protestant Reformation).

Main conclusion here: Dav is wrong.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity

Wrong with witnesses, even! Quick! Screenshot!

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Going to wikipedia for accurate, valid information is like screwing for virginity.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Let him believe what he wants, as long as he is making up his own mind. Fact of the matter is the church responded that way to losing its grip over people, and its a principle we use for surges. p/s/ perhaps you should go read about WHY people left for protestant groups

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject:

They had cookies.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject:

probably davairus, by looking at the play registry of people joining the forums, compared to the amount of people playing (12? laff), I'd say its easy to see that there is a bottleneck in people checking the game to people actually playing it.

Not surprising what and where the problem is, as it has been repeatedly stated by myself and others more than 4 years ago. I haven't tried AR in over a year because of the low pbase and exlcusionary cliche of imms that gestappo their own game right out of existence. (that and halfling thieves that outright murder, along with the near constant amount of people privately telling my different characters roleplay isn't required except when imms are around, or cussing me out and then talking about their bad day after my character kills theirs, all that made me lose interest too).

The last time I logged on, I got bored of a certain character and stopped playing as I lost interest. Recently I logged on to see whether it had changed at all, and I get a message saying 53 days remaining, connection lost, or something to that effect. I mean, looking at the threads on threads of why the pbase is low, and the fact its a public play MUD, advertised with voting links and all, it strikes me as funny that a person who did play before cant play for 53 days.

Now questions, why is it 53 days until I can play?

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Mandor wrote:
I haven't tried AR in over a year because of the low pbase and exlcusionary cliche of imms that gestappo their own game right out of existence.

That made me lol.

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject:

I left school at 6th grade in order to focus on my mudding career. Spent 2 years mudding 18 hours a day, straight. That's as true as it gets.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject:

we should open a send m1co back to school fund Sad

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: