Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 1 hour.

Things you'd like to see in 2008.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avendin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject:

There seems to be no value being placed on discovery here. I still remember being super-excited when I became aware of gloves/gauntlets. AR has become a lot easier to explore since I was n00b -- go do it and have fun! Don't just level-level-level until you're out of your depth. For one, you won't be able to score any "points" if you can't track people once you get to that stage.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Shughurd wrote:
Wholesale Johnson wrote:
and you don't want easier leveling? It takes me forever, but I don't know if it would be necessarily good. I don't mind the way it is too much, but of course I would like it faster.

I have made like 30 characters during 20th of December to 4 days ago, all of em up to 30+. If exping would go any easier than this, then there wouldn't be a point for this, just give everyone free 50s so that every friend rage deletes a character they cannot value properly because they haven't spent time working on it.

and how many of those did you play at the same time so that you always had a group?

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject:

_Clifton_ wrote:
It's easy to rank to 36 within 15-25 hours, even solo. Getting to 40 is a bit harder though.

sure, it's easy to rank to 36 solo with a warrior, but with mage classes it's a bitch. I made a necro that basically soloed to 23 and THAT took an excruciatingly long time. mercs help, but the fact that mobs redirect makes ranking a mage a lot tougher.

0 0 0
Shughurd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject:

Ergorion wrote:
Shughurd wrote:
Wholesale Johnson wrote:
and you don't want easier leveling? It takes me forever, but I don't know if it would be necessarily good. I don't mind the way it is too much, but of course I would like it faster.

I have made like 30 characters during 20th of December to 4 days ago, all of em up to 30+. If exping would go any easier than this, then there wouldn't be a point for this, just give everyone free 50s so that every friend rage deletes a character they cannot value properly because they haven't spent time working on it.

and how many of those did you play at the same time so that you always had a group?

Wow Mr. Usaman, try to play at european primetime nowadays? You will only find yourself online for a whole straight week. No, i did not multigrouped, but i did use my OOC friends to exp together and we never broke a rule ingame tho.

Anyways, you're retarded, you know nothing about me, you know nothing about 90% of the things going on. You do your baseless asumptations due random gossips. Wow, you are so hot yet so dumb. Back to n00b-basement.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject:

m1co having friends? I didn't think it was possible. and if so, why don't i see them rushing to defend you?

0 0 0
Wholesale Johnson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject:

Shughurd is remmennon.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject:

Wholesale Johnson wrote:
Shughurd is remmennon.
\

yes, the moment the rem posts stop shug pops up. pretty telling actually.

back on topic though, Duergar dark knights? Their stats are average enough not to be overpowered, and they do have the weakness to water. a slightly more hp and shield block capable combo compared to human, but less mana naturally.

0 0 0
Ashr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject:

I would like to see a compass. This would probably seem retarded to most of the players here, but I have tremendous difficulty moving without it. I spent several hours trying to write one in zmud, but gave up and decided I'd rather not play without having one. What it is is a big ascii compass that shows alongside the roomname, showing the room's exits as compass directions, typically with color-coding for whatever type of exit (open, closed, locked), but it could probably be done in just grey and black, too. It's usually an optional thing as well.

For people like me who can't read, it's a total lifesaver.

Given that I can't play now anyway, it isn't all that important to me, but as soon as I am able again, it will save me countless hours trying to script it in zmud if you could just code it for me, it'd probably be easier to code anyway. There's probably a snippet for it somewhere. Maybe not for ROM, though.

It looks something like this:

Code:

BLAH!                                                      /     -     \
-------------------------------------------------------    W -U-(+)-D- E
                                                           \     S     /
blahblahblah
Exits: east south west up down

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject:

That reminds me of a few characters i've been working on, this ones called the pretentious illiterate... uhhh...I told you...I don't know how to read
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Esura

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject:

How about some lag on a failed flee? That would, overall, result in more deaths and more deaths are exciting. It makes hysteria useful for keeping someone in combat, and it messes up flee/murder a bit. I never liked flee/murder, I always thought it didn't make much sense in the context of a fight.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject:

Esura wrote:
How about some lag on a failed flee? That would, overall, result in more deaths and more deaths are exciting. It makes hysteria useful for keeping someone in combat, and it messes up flee/murder a bit. I never liked flee/murder, I always thought it didn't make much sense in the context of a fight.

1 exit room with successful hysteria cast probably = certain death then for a number of characters vs shamans and raged berserkers, cause dont forget that berserkers can hysteria too when roaring while raged.

for the fun of making others piss their pants, a 10, but for balance probably a 1 of an idea..

hobble spam makes more deaths anyway, and dirted flees.

though I too would like something thats an incentive to stay and fight, for some people rares just aren't enough Rolling Eyes

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject:

a permanent walking emote would be cool.

0 0 0
Stephen2_Aust

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject:

Ashr wrote:
I would like to see a compass.

Did you ever try AUTOMAP command?

It kicks arse and pretty much does what you're after...

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject:

emote walks east.; hide; snicker.

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject:

no....
not an actually emote, but rather a customizable walking style

Mandor stumbles in.

Mandor is here.

Mandor stumbles west.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject:

Mahkan wrote:
no....
not an actually emote, but rather a customizable walking style

Mandor stumbles in.

Mandor is here.

Mandor stumbles west.

Mandor crawls west

West

Mandor is here

Murder mandor

Mandor blocks your rays of puniness.
Mandor is in excellent condition.

Mandors pwnage does UNSPEAKABLE things to you.
Mandor chuckles politely.
You are bleeding to death.

yep, would be cool Laughing

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject:

There are some different ones, I've noticed some zombies "lumber in" and theres the one where your injured of course...I dunno it sounds like unnecessary work if you ask me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject:

well, it would be interesting to see, suppose you have a thief, and they slink into the room, fire giants lurch in, sliths slither in, etc. but we cant have people doing everything they want with it, because you could trick people into thinking you're badly hurt, and causing them to attack you unsanced because they think "easy kill". it also would have to get overridden by a players condition, i.e. limp, crawl.

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject:

why would that be a bad thing? maybe your character has a limp or maybe it does crawl, its not necessarily a bad thing to let people do that.

besides, i doubt those walking emotes were put into the game to signal to others in the room that that person is close to death and that you should kill them. they were probably added for realism, not just so random guys can take advantage of someone else's work.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject:

Things for 2008. How about playerbase wipe. followed by reverting to the old AR, approximately the time before Warlords left, when our playerbase was decent and the game was exciting. from that point don't put out hell loads of things that get replaced by down toned/dumb skills/spells. instead add things to add more variety and flavor to the game, then balance overpowered skills/spells correctly. Add more races/classes and combos there of.

not to say everything added recently is horrible, I do like... um, gambled items.... maybe? I guess thats not all that bad, but hell, who wants to run winter when you can wear a non-purging four damage minus a dex item.

The level based equipment is nice, such as restriction on red dragon/stolen rings. however, that is only a step on the ten mile curved road.
Such as the need to limit looting. Seeing a rank fifty full loot low levels is pathetic. and seeing a rank 20 wearing amber sleeves is sickening.

instead of adding a sincerely dumb cabal after removing two others. how about just adding cabals. so keep more choices. not turning things into coiterie. or whatever the hell that nonsense is. (and yes I realize they are still choices, but less poeple want to join a non flagged, boring sounding coiterie compared to a full flagged full fledged cabal)

There is more I am sure, but hell, this should be a good start.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: