Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 19 hours.

Things you'd like to see in 2008.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Mahkan wrote:
why would that be a bad thing? maybe your character has a limp or maybe it does crawl, its not necessarily a bad thing to let people do that.

besides, i doubt those walking emotes were put into the game to signal to others in the room that that person is close to death and that you should kill them. they were probably added for realism, not just so random guys can take advantage of someone else's work.

Uhhh....

actually people decide to follow and finish it, based on whether they limp.crawl or not. particularly if someone runs certain distance (any class can heal by spells, scrolls, OR catching ticks) and if they cross your path again limp and crawl or if they actually WALK in is a shortcut to knowing if they ran away to heal, and based on class, how much healing they got in in that short interim. and if you haven't been ganked because you limped past someone in your pk range, then you're very lucky.

Or you're not actually playing AR Razz

besides, I dont know about you but autosneak races would lose that benefit with that kind of walking emote control. im not saying it wouldnt work, but in general only nonautosneak races would find a "RP" use for it, and crawl and limp as conditions implications would have to override it.

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject:

whether or not people gank you for it all i am saying is that it probably wasnt added to the game so that there would be more ganking. its just realistic.

its a completely valid suggestion and it doesnt need your input as to when YOU wouldnt like it. Its for some immortal to decide whether they like it enough to include it in the game, okay?

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Mahkan wrote:
whether or not people gank you for it all i am saying is that it probably wasnt added to the game so that there would be more ganking. its just realistic.

its a completely valid suggestion and it doesnt need your input as to when YOU wouldnt like it. Its for some immortal to decide whether they like it enough to include it in the game, okay?

Or, you could take constructive criticism without getting pissy. This is a mud that has PK. knowing the condition of people around you is important to that. Did I say that my thoughts on it was as important as an imms? Did I say that it can't work at all? You stated a very broad suggestion, I stated counterpoints of places where it would negatively impact the game, not said that it cant possibly work around those special circumstances. Rolling Eyes

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject:

1. look at them
2. criticism isnt constructive if its wrong

youre always wrong but you always get the last word, dont pass judgement at all, just dont. let Davairus slam me for my suggestion being retarded, but you are not right at all (this goes for all past and future arguments I have with you)

im pissy cause youre more retarded than I am. I think im right but then i see the other side and see how I am wrong and admit defeat, you just never give in!

this qualifies as a personal attack Very Happy

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Mahkan wrote:
1. look at them
2. criticism isnt constructive if its wrong

youre always wrong but you always get the last word, dont pass judgement at all, just dont. let Davairus slam me for my suggestion being retarded, but you are not right at all (this goes for all past and future arguments I have with you)

im pissy cause youre more retarded than I am. I think im right but then i see the other side and see how I am wrong and admit defeat, you just never give in!

this qualifies as a personal attack Very Happy

He wasn't slamming you. He doesn't need to. He pointed out where he thought you were wrong, and you covered your ears and refused to listen to intelligence. When people give advice, you might want to take it, because he was right.

And I vote that you're "more retarded" than Mandor.

I'm sorry.

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject:

i know he wasnt necessarily slamming me here, but it all sort of culminated in a big retardation explosion.

im just tired of him preaching, that is all.

i also want to point out the fact that a noob just told a noob he was retarded for calling another noob a noob Very Happy

0 0 0
Stephen2_Aust

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject:

Mahkan wrote:
i also want to point out the fact that a noob just told a noob he was retarded for calling another noob a noob Very Happy

noob! Heart

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject:

Mahkan wrote:
i know he wasnt necessarily slamming me here, but it all sort of culminated in a big retardation explosion.

im just tired of him preaching, that is all.

Im happy to discuss your ideas with you, to give you another viewpoint and help the game improve by helping you understand any holes in your ideas so that you can modify them to fit. I'd hope you do the same for me.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject:

How about the ability to start our own gangs? Like cabals, but we come up with our own gang name, theme, rules for entry, etc.

0 0 0
Esura

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject:

You can do that already; people have tried that in the past(see the Red Fang Clan for one example). It's just that there is no game coding which supports it, so it'll be unofficially run by you. It would be nice to get immortal support for that kind of thing, but I don't think they're going to bother doing the requisite coding for it. Besides, cabals are sparse on members anyway; it'll be difficult to build up any kind of significant gang outside of cabals until we get playerbase way up.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject:

and if they were supported, they wouldn't get cabal like skills. its a great RP opportunity, but they probably shouldnt have actual [gang] tags by their name, although they would need to have a gang system to be able to post notes to all their members. the reason small gangs have such a hard time starting is A: the lack of visibility that an established roster/channel/note system would allow to see who else is in the gang, and B: the lack of players in of itself.

you could theoretically have them add a line in their discription about a tattoo or another defining characteristic, such as an intricately described object, i.e. cloaks, medallions, etc. but then people not in the gang would just put that in to trick you, although if you have a cohesive enough group, you could gangbang them into condeath for attempting to subvert your gang. you could also have an emote that has to be responded to by a different one, that only established gang members would know, but then again OOC connections and logs would have to be carefully monitored to make sure that information isn't found out by everyone else.

basically though, its a lot less logistic work just to go into a cabal, or stay uncaballed and just kill everyone because your evil RP allows you to mass murder.

there's also the problem with every player having around 10 alts, meaning that coherence drops considerably, as different characters have different agendas, etc. the same way some people in cabals dont show up for a long time because they choose to play an alt instead. I really dont think alts are good for the game with such a low amount of real players. that and the constant level to 40 and let that character rot, while you level up more alts because you're A: bored, or B: impatient trying to find a level group.

0 0 0
Ashr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject:

Stephen2_Aust wrote:

Did you ever try AUTOMAP command?

It kicks arse and pretty much does what you're after...

Minimap is awesome, but (as of when I last used it, anyway), very laggy. Compass is lagless and displays on look.

0 0 0
Esura

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject:

Automap is newer than minimap, and is a different thing altogether. It's lagless, shown as part of the room description every time you move, and it's smaller than the minimap. It also displays on look. It's basically everything you're asking for plus a little extra.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject:

board moderation to cut down on the trolling kiddie posts that are detrimental to the atmosphere of the game, particularly viewed through newcomers' eyes. at least cut down on the personal or ad hominem attacks in posts, either mod edited out or post completely deleted if baseless and trollish.

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject:

private messaging

0 0 0
Ashr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Esura wrote:
Automap is newer than minimap, and is a different thing altogether. It's lagless, shown as part of the room description every time you move, and it's smaller than the minimap. It also displays on look. It's basically everything you're asking for plus a little extra.

Oh, hell yes. Automap is glorious. I feel like I'm playing nethack.

Doesn't seem to work with brief, though..

Now if I only had time to play. Sad

0 0 0
Reken

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: new racial legacy

considering that illithids can only be illusionists would it not make sense to have a racial legacy for them?

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject:

cone of force/leech/mana healy thing?

0 0 0
Reken

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject:

well they are not exatcly racial legacies just illithid things, so it would make more sense to open illithids to the other mage classes.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject:

there are plenty of those types of combos with no legacies. minotaur berserker, slith warrior, beast ranger, so forth and so on.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: