Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 6 hours.

Life insurance company

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dahlin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Life insurance company

Well, I think it's about time someone opened one in Thera. I'd imagine this working like gambling. You deposit some amount of gold in the insurance plan, and you get some amount back upon dying. The amount you get back is a function of three things: how much you deposited (duh), how many hours you've logged since buying the insurance, and how many times you've died in the past. If you die right after buying it, you get nothing back. If you die a lot, you'll have to stay alive a really long time to make any money out of it, and if you hardly ever die, and last a long fucking time, you get tons when you die. Maybe the insurance company could even give you bonuses for killing other people with insurance plans, for helping them not lose money. And maybe they could slash the payouts to cabal members for "engaging in risky activities."

Call it "Zarat's Insurance Company, Peace of mind for those who like to stay out of danger."

*shruggle* I think it's neat Smile

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject:

Personally I would never want Zarat to be my life insurance person.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject:

First of all, I think that life insurance would not have existed in the middle ages. Secondly, I think that coding a life insurance program like that would not be worth Dav's time, but if you want to code it then be my guest. Finally, I don't think it would be popular because the whole point of life insurance is that we humans only die once in the real world. So if you want to make the life insurance policy anything similar to real life life insurance, you should pick someone who would inherit your fortune when you condie.

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject:

If anything, it would be like a benefactor sort of thing. I hope that made sense. A will, if you (you knew I'd say this) will. Wink

The other version doesn't make much sense to me...

0 0 0
Esura

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject:

They didn't have balloons and tinfoil in the middle ages either, but AR has those anyway.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Instead of preparing a response for that, I'm just going to say you're weird.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject:

While balloons weren't invented until the 1700s, inflated animal hides have been used in China and undoubtedly in other places for rafts probably for many centuries. The technology involved in making a balloon (as a stretchy item filled with air/water/poo/what have you) is hardly demanding, so I'm sure there were balloons in the Middle Ages. However, they probably didn't float, unless you were in the water.

0 0 0
Esura

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject:

I meant helium balloons, because those red balloons are floating items. And in my defense, I am NOT weird. I think you're just associating me with Vanisse and extrapolating too much. She's the weird one.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject:

Weird? Who, me? Rolling Eyes

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: