Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 22 hours.

Invoker's afflictive nuking!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dispater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Invoker's afflictive nuking!

Invokers are rather gimp nowadays, except for hellstream, why not to make the other spells usable as well? It sucks to hit decimates with icicle on a fire giant warrior who's not even sanced. I don't have to explain how randomly the nuking spells work. Instead, i suggest that you could make it more stable, make INT the maximum damage modifier and WIS the minimum damage modifier. So that gnomes and elves (called the gimp invoker races) would have some advantage over cheesy humans and could actually use other spells than hellstream when it comes to combat.

And again, as a gnome, your icicle mutilates the fire giant and his dual wielded style hits 5 mangles to you thru aura. So hmm, make things work please:)

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject:

grunky

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
grunky

+ special guard + nice set of rares

Actually, i was not referring that invoker was gimpy otherwise, i just wanted to suggest that it would be fun to have more diversity than just dispel/hellstream spamming. Flame arrow/fireball/icicle etc. should have more use by invokers. It also gimps all the invokers pre-38.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Already on the roadmap. The roadmap is just stalled.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject:

You didnt even mention chain lightning which is one of the best damage spells that invokers have, along with the situational shields and the devastating AOE they can put down they are one of the best classes for shredding groups, given the right support. Icicle is a low level spell that doesn't scale terribly well against warrior hp per level, you don't want to use it anymore on fire giants at high level, unless you are trying to conserve mana. Gnomes are far ahead of any other invoker race in terms of uberness, with great defences and hp and tons of mana, you people are always like that, "it must have been the special guard" "it must have been the medic scrolls"... no its the gnome penis. They are tripods. Elf has autosneak which can be highly effective or dog crap depending on you. That alone makes them better choice than humans. Maybe you should learn to play first? When you bother to do the math the reckoning isn't that bad for invokers. Invokers were considered one of the worst classes for Justice and definitely the least rolled until they were put on the map by someone playing one well. Always how it is.

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject:

I dunno, maybe i got spoiled with abyssal invoker so that this one feels like a total gimp, but yeah, it's all about the player, i'm way too much careless in PK so yeah fuckups are easy to come.

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject:

Dispater wrote:
I dunno, maybe i got spoiled with abyssal invoker so that this one feels like a total gimp, but yeah, it's all about the player, i'm way too much careless in PK so yeah fuckups are easy to come.

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject:

Mahkan wrote:
Dispater wrote:

Did this nab tried to be witty?

0 0 0
Garion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Yeah looks like it. I was going to comment on it, but decided he wasnt worth it lol

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Added Makhan to the douchelist.

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Added Makhan to the douchelist.

I thought that everyone had him there already, right below my name.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: