Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Keepers and cabal items

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Keepers and cabal items

I was thinking about how the Keepers could get more active in liberating captured cabal items and two ideas came to mind.

One is letting their possession (or a new, similar command) see the location of all cabal items.

The other is what do they do if they liberate an item with no representative of that cabal present? Put it on the ground and wait for it to poof? Allow them to 'capture' at the sewer mob so at least they ensure another cabal isn't benefiting from the item? A new mob for the Keepers to return it to? That last idea requires either a cabal member to fetch the item and take it inside their cabal and bare the shame of having the keepers done their task for them or it could possibly just transfer into the home altar after a certain time.

Just a couple of ideas to run through the mill.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject:

Tbh I like some of the ideas, but I think Keepers need a big overhaul. A few random suggestions...

First I'd like to see Keepers collecting the rare items (both individually and in groups - keeper winter trips anyone?) from the game and being able to give them to the Keeper of Artifacts for cabal points. The more cabal points, the more powers you get (unlike Legion, more items captured more powers). I'd like to see the KoA hold these items until the next storm *unless* the Keeper cabal item is captured in which case the KoA will drop 1 rare item per kill. Also, toughen him up. Otherwise it just allows 50s to know where they can find plenty of rare items without much if any danger.

Instead of gambled items inside the cabal I'd like to see a power that increases stats based on how many people you are fighting at the time. If one person is attacking you, nothing, if two are attacking you, you get some stat increases if three are attacking you, it adds a bit more, etc.

I agree with Olyn about vindicating stolen items for the weakest cabals and capturing the item from the strongest.

I'd like to see Keepers have the power to cut you off from your cabal summons and banish them for a limited time. Shadowdemons, special guards, horses, etc.

A killing blow from a Keeper should result in a 40 hour flag where you cannot pick up any rare items. Or make it an activated skill like Legion/Knight.

More to come... maybe

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject:

When a keeper wants to capture someon else's item they give it to their shitty guardian right? What about if they are liberating someone else's item (i.e. took the cross from the legion guardian) they give it to the curator (who stands by the keeper item) and he magically whisks it to the cabal it belongs to and says a message like "Bob has restored balance to the land".

Winter trips would be hard to do without healers or shamans and any healers/shamans around would likely prefer to take the rares as opposed to let the keepers snag them.

I really don't know enough about keeper eq/skills to comment on them.

0 0 0
rabidgecko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject:

Kalist19 wrote:

I really don't know enough about keeper eq/skills to comment on them.

Sure you do. Everyone knows thews and atonement.

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject:

What happens when a keeper becomes too powerful? Do other keepers jump him? For example, Slade makes Keeper. Slade kicks ass all over town. Do the other keepers take him down?

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject:

There's always a gangbang ready and waiting for Keepers.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject:

The problem with keeper winter trips is you don't have any dedicated heals. You get gimp resto wand/medic scrolls heals at most.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject:

I think Keeper will help the underdogs by attacking the stronger side, not by fetching the cabal items for them.

Atm with cabals I am also concerned with
- apply/induct levelling restriction too high (used to be niche 30 to prove yourself worthy then get your squire - or inducted in the case of other cabals - I think that would be better again now with the lower players... heck I'd have the cabal app required at level 10 to be honest, why put it off when people decide it at level 1. they're just wasting their time with ranking before applying. )
- medic scrolls seems to be sticking out an awful lot, although I do trust Burzuk to put the time into getting it right .. I just hear a lot about them. I would like to see logs or watch fights with them in use
- hometown requirements seeming to exhabarate word of recall issues and not helping people raid with others online because of easy defense response

couple of other things slipping my mind. i think wield lags worrys me more than anything in cabals... we have warriors using flee murder on rangers on the logboard

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject:

wtf is exhabarate?? o.O

0 0 0
Arishel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject:

How about when your cabal is attacked, the link you have with your temple(recall) point is severed. You end up having to walk it out. You could put the cabal app required level at 20, think the same as coteries. Don't really know too much about medic scrolls, except for that it's a cooldown critical. As far as the flee murder thing goes, how about making it possible for warriors/rangers/berserkers to have a hasted round when this is done to them? Leave the mages as are b/c they have their spells. I've noticed alot of mages using flee murders on warriors/rangers/berserkers as well. Giving the three this hasted round would ensure their heritage as battlemasters, etc. I wouldn't say make it like the old raged berserker hasted round, perhaps when a berserker is raged he loses the hasted round of an extra attack. Just a couple of ideas for you to ponder.

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject:

i think the wield lag could potentially make giant/higher str warriors that much better compared to the high dex because not changing weapons for a high str warriors isn't as critical as trying to gain weapon/combat for lower str. the high parry and high damage output is enough to take down any of those other warriors because of the lower con

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Make quick wield a skill that all melee get. It works better depending on dex and class, sort of like shield block. Warriors would start out with a gimpy quick wield to begin with, and only high dex warriors would see even the slightest change. Where rangers would have a slightly better quick wield with elves I guess benefitting the most. Thieves and ninjas would have the best quick wield of course and the higher dex classes will find quick wield to be even faster.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Vanisse wrote:
wtf is exhabarate?? o.O

Exacerbate?

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
How about when your cabal is attacked, the link you have with your temple(recall) point is severed. You end up having to walk it out.

Guardians are weak enough already. The only thing this would do is allow the invader to kill your guardian and sleep up before you even make it to your cabal to defend.

Don't know why a mage would flee/murder as opposed to sit in combat and use spells, but they initiate with murder to prevent you from getting a few free attacks (if you lead with dispel magic or lose concentration).

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Vanisse wrote:
wtf is exhabarate?? o.O

"confederate english" i think it was.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Kalist19 wrote:
Don't know why a mage would flee/murder as opposed to sit in combat and use spells, but they initiate with murder to prevent you from getting a few free attacks (if you lead with dispel magic or lose concentration).

yeah, this should probably be fixed.. cause it sucks to initiate vs warrior.

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject:

How about adding a harsher penalty to warriors when they flee? Isn't fleeing a cowardly act that should be reserved for rogues?

0 0 0
RebornShadows

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject:

flee isnt cowardly its really smart besides warriors already have a lag time for flee switch

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject:

_Clifton_ wrote:
Vanisse wrote:
wtf is exhabarate?? o.O

Exacerbate?

Well I'm sure Res can shed more light on i-*recalls Res' avatar*.. nevermind.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject:

amdorin has his recall point set to an evil fleshlight

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: