Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 9 hours.

who list

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kieros

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: who list

I was wondering why the who list was made to not show camo, invis people even though they are on. I think it would be a great tool to bring back with our rising pbase so they get into the habbit of quaffing pots or being more alert when they see 13 total but only 12 names.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject:

It's not logical for someone to be hidden from you completely, yet still show up on WHO.

0 0 0
kieros

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject:

well if we are speaking logistics how does it make sense that you know who is in the world when you can't see them infront of you... If I can see that you exist, then I should be able to know that someone exists even if I can't see them specifically.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Yes you can argue the realism behind dragons, and magic, and potions that make you fly or we can realize that the game design allows for certain aspects of fantasy and reality and that's the world we work in.

So yes, the who list doesn't make sense IRL but in a game where you CAN see everyone on the who list, and you also can hide from the sight of anyone without detect hidden it doesn't make sense for you to be able to see them on the who list even though they're hidden.

0 0 0
wudst

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject:

What Erlwith is trying to say and has failed in doing so mostly twice...

It pretty much ruins the whole concept of hiding, if someone knows you are hiding somewhere. Hide, camo and invis are there for suprise. Not for "you have to prep more because you know Im here".

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: