Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 11 hours.

new Goodbye banner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: new Goodbye banner

I propose that instead of seeing this when we log off:

<xxxhp xxxm xxxmv xxxxxtnl> quit
You have escaped from the abandoned realms.

We see something like this:

The system time is Thu Jul 30 04:54:04 2009

The reason I propose this is so that we know (without having to try) when we can log in again. I bet Stiehl and his bong will love this idea as much as me and mine! Wait...what?

Clifton, I wasn't keeping track on your "post an idea" scoresheet. If I missed one, you can eat my ass with jam.

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject:

it should say

===Thank U, Cum Again!===

0 0 0
Arishel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Why don't you just connect right after you log out and get on another character. It'll show you the amount of time you have left. If you're that lazy to just hit (alt, F, C) then you should probably go drink the water in your bong, don't ever smoke the water, for god sakes whatever you do don't smoke the water.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject:

If you're on a computer to play AR, the computer probably has a clock. When you quit out, all you have to do is look at the clock on the computer and add ten minutes for uncaballed characters, and half an hour for caballed characters.

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject:

LOL we're getting lazier by the second aren't we? Just do the math haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL9wUtyucOs
0:14 mark

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject:

or in erogorion's case you look at the time you log in so you can tell you buddy when 10 mins is up and he can join in your ooc parade

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject:

I think you can time that....Let say you both have knights and legion. You log in your knight and he logs out of his legion to log in his knight. Immediately after you see him log off, you log off and log on your legion....In the mean time his chat would be "ok 10 mins and we go to winter...wait wait...log in your evil ..no wait...good...no wait...I think he will do a reversal today so yea log in your evil...

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Arishel wrote:
Why don't you just connect right after you log out and get on another character. It'll show you the amount of time you have left.

As you'll see in my original post, I said I don't want to have to try logging in another character in order to see how much time I have left. I've actually seen it happen that I try logging in, it tells me X number of minutes left, I wait X-2 minutes because I'm impatient and forgot the real number, then the system ADDS more time onto my waiting period. Dunno what's up with that.

Ergorion wrote:
If you're on a computer to play AR, the computer probably has a clock. When you quit out, all you have to do is look at the clock on the computer and add ten minutes for uncaballed characters, and half an hour for caballed characters.

Did I mention the short-term memory issues from late-night partaking? I didn't spell out that I'm submitting this idea because I keep forgetting to look at the exact time I log off (or I remember to look, and then forget the time), but that's the reason.

Iolo wrote:
Clifton, I wasn't keeping track on your "post an idea" scoresheet. If I missed one, you can eat my ass with jam.

Clifton, sorry, I was 5 beers in.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject:

that's retarded. if you are really that lazy just make an alias for quit to check time before you quit out.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject:

tangent to this idea, why not add a timer that tells you how long you've been on? i don't really pay attention to when i log in.. just when i log out and I find myself asking if it's been 30 minutes yet or.. how long till.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Vanisse wrote:
that's retarded. if you are really that lazy just make an alias for quit to check time before you quit out.

This is actually a very good idea, I didn't think of that. This is easily doable with Zmud. Thanks Vanisse!

p.s. Is it me, or is the term 'retarded' getting thrown around all over the place in the forums these days. Black Eyed Peas would be proud.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Vanisse wrote:
that's differently abled. if you are really that lazy just make an alias for quit to check time before you quit out.

Fixed for PC.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: