Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 8 hours.

Looking for anti-chaotic alignment suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCarb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject:

Goodies at north square, baddies at south. Sort of.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure exactly how this turned into a bitchfest about wanted flags but... since you can simply pay those flags off, in fact several times..its really not that big deal as you are making it out to be .. also, your being wanted problems are considerably less severe than the problems of a bounty.

Really the only significant nerf I can see here was the hide skill ending up affected by offensive adrenaline, which along with vigilance made making yourself a career criminal as a thief a fair bit more difficult than it once was. You went from 100% hide to god knows what... which was not a bad thing... because hiding is meant to be a gamble anyway. But they can just pop you out with a guard again, and you're lucky if they dont find and app you even after you get the hide off. I'm sure any relief for that adrenaline would be the most effective way to approach the "problem" with wanted flags.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject:

You can pay wanted flags off? I thought you have to die. I know you can pay INTRUDER flags off. But I thought with Wanted your options are: avoid justice forever, get killed by Justice/special guard combo, and finally turn yourself in and still die.

0 0 0
wudst

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject:

My real complaint is that if you are wanted, you are fucked.

Wanted should be frustrating, but it shouldnt be a pretty auto death, especially at the lower ranks. A rank 50 Justice can out run a rank 25 non flying target fairly quickly. So it shouldnt be a 3 round kill as well.

I think Justices are crazy powerful, but dont use the power much. My suggestion is to lower the power, and let them use it more. Make it more appealing to be aggressive in Seringale, and thus they have to chase your ass more often.

And there are those times when Legion really pisses off the Justice cabal, and is fucked in the ass because they are super powerful, and that is just plain gay. (I have no Legionaire.)

A good Justice beats a good Legion any day of the week.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject:

If you think its so great to be a Justice then I'm surprised to see you dont have one. Plenty of Justices have been pk'd.

0 0 0
wudst

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Well, I have a pretty big qualm with Justices...

The wait is pretty lame, but perfectly understandable. The patience involved is just a bit high for me.

My biggest problem is the boredom. I cant foresee me sitting in a town just chilling out all the time, having the pk opportunity sometimes. It would drive me insane and I would never play my Justice (which I think a change to Justice would solve. Get them in the fray a bit more and they have to actually DO something).

Dont get me wrong here ol' Davo. I dont think being a Justice is great. I think being a Justice COULD be great. I could see Justices being a whole lot of fun, and I see them as being LAAAAMEEEE right now.

I am not making this argument for me, because if you tone it down a bit, it will make getting wanted a bit less lame, and thus its much more tempting to attack someone in town, and then I am getting chased by both guy and Justice. My personallity does not pray for this change, because right now its a strong enough penalty to keep my itchy trigger finger from pulling. But I do think that this would be great for overall pk atmosphere and bringing Justices into the game pretty hard. Pretty much the last thing I want to see is more Justices, but god damn I think this would really add some flair to the game, add a REAL aspect to Justice cabal warfare (rather than this all or nothing concept it is right now) and really bring the game up.

Im not saying to botch the negative aspects of being wanted. Im saying make being wanted just a bit more appealing, and thus circulate deaths just that much more.

0 0 0
Ashr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject:

(Disclaimer: I haven't really played AR in years, and I never made it past n00b status, so feel free to ignore whatever I say. That said, I would like to play again, and game design is one of my few interests)

I'm probably never going to play a lawful character, the reason being is that I can't attack someone in Seringale under any circumstances. I understand being unable to initiate conflict in town, but as a lawful. as I understand it, a chaotic drow thief could attack me 37 times in Seringale with no Justice on, flee each time he gets low, and stand in the room with me and sleep. The constable idea is nice, but I think lawfuls should be able to attack individuals who attacked them previously, within some fairly short duration.

As for the Wanted thing, I got wanted at around level 28ish (that's a guess) due to a Paladin being tricky, and I did not enjoy the melee damage the special guard inflicted. Scared the crap out of me, ended up teleporting into a guard and getting killed, lost everything, etc. Was fun, incidentally. At any rate, it might be nice if the special guard level is equal to the level of the Wanted person. Then they at least stand a chance, particularly if the Justice is out of range. I'm not sure what happens if you manage to kill a special guard, though. I suspect they just summon another one, which would suck.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
If you think its so great to be a Justice then I'm surprised to see you dont have one. Plenty of Justices have been pk'd.

Dav, it's a negative feedback loop. People want to join cabals to have some exciting pk action. How does Justice get pk action? People get wanted. People don't get wanted because being wanted sucks balls. Fewer people sign up to be Justice because no one gets wanted.

I seriously think toning down the wanted flag would breathe some more life into justice. Right now it's just too much of a disincentive for most players. For Justice to become exciting and therefore a more popular cabal, more people are going to have to become wanted. In order for more people to become wanted, the penalties of being wanted shouldn't be as steep as they are.

Turn that negative feedback loop into a positive feedback loop... like sodium channels.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject:

There's plenty of PK to be had outside of Seringale. In fact, a lot of the lvl 50 fighting I'm seeing lately has involved Justice.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject:

Starting to sound like whining instead of idea/suggestions.

0 0 0
wudst

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject:

bleh

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject:

I think the only lawful we have are justices and applicants, some noobs with d&d mentality, and people that don't want to pk. More options for the lawful and neutral ethos might be the ticket instead of chaotic nerf/backlash. Is there an ethos restriction already on mystics, nobles, or heralds? How about some sort of Keeper or Justice coterie?

Some not-well-thought-out ideas:

Lawful coterie - Seringale Militia or Watchmen - Your basic lawful witness and sometimes deputy that can Justice cabal chat only when criminals are online and have some exclusive guildhall or tavern with standard guild guardian protector.

Neutral ethos coterie -Observers of Balance - They don't use rares or maybe just not danger eq. Maybe a way for them to capture rares or defend the keeper of artifacts without the complications of them entering the cabal. Gossip channel maybe.

Neutral align coterie - Gladiators of Balance - seek out the powerful and challenge them in the arena. No rares or no danger eq or something so the battle is always challenging and keep record or points on a board at the entrance. Maybe an exclusive tavern or lvl 35 gamble shop for these guys near the arena.

I'm tired and these aren't well thought out, but we're back on topic.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Some more fleshed out variation of the Militia idea sounds quite interesting.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: