Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 12 hours.

Bringing back application requirements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Bringing back application requirements

So, I've noticed that this whole, not showing the application requirements in the cabal help files is really turning into a shit show. Members of the cabals themselves don't even know what the requirements are even.

I think Dav took the requirements out of the help files to
:
a) Keep nubs out of cabals
b) Not have people power rank to 30, wait, power rank to 40 wait, get inducted, power rank to 50

I don't think removing the help file info on applying really has any impact on either of those two points, it just causes unnecessary confusion. Allow me to explain.

Regarding point b) first. There are still requirements where you have to wait at a certain level before advancing. Just because it is hidden does not mean that people won't sit. It just changes where they sit. Twenty, twenty five, thirty, there isn't much difference. If you want to hide the requirements and have people not sit, then there can't be any level requirements for induction. It should just be advance at your own pace and make a name for yourself. I think there was also some mention that the elimination of the help file requirements is an attempt to take numbers out of the game, like ooc numbers, but now it's more prevalent than before. Before, it was clear-cut, there was no talking about it. Now everyone is asking: what rank should I wait at? what rank will I get inducted at? what rank will I get squired at?

Regarding point a). There will always be an abundance of nubs applying for cabals. Removing the application requirements does very little to stem the tide of nub applicants. The reason there will be nub applicants is because they see cabal members in the realms and because the website advertises the fact that we have cabals. It's not because they're looking at the help files and suddenly saying: oh boy, I can join Knights because I meet the requirements. They're seeing people like Quar and Atyrdolm kick ass and think that they can kick ass in a cabal as well. So they will apply.

If you really want to cut off nubs from applying to cabals, you have to take drastic measures. You have to hide all cabal tags so that nubs in game don't see Knights and Legions having massive battles. You would have to stop advertising the fact that we have cabals on the website. And you would have to keep a lid on who was a caballed character in the graveyard.

Personally, I don't think nub applicants is a problem, I think nub members is. And I don't think it should be that hard to reject the application of a nub and tell him to improve before trying again.

0 0 0
Nakachi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject:

requirements are on the web site cabal pages

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject:

I am wrong again. Who's keeping score?

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject:

I agree that the requirements should be brought back to the help files. I disagree that nubs applying for/getting into cabals is a bad thing. I think that cabals can help create elite players by simply letting the nubs get stomped on and by assosciating with the power pkers in these cabals.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Webpages are always out of date. Its in game helpfile that counts.

I'm finding out exactly which players are reacting to this as a green light to power rank straight past the old limits instead of playing it safely and posting early / waiting patiently to be spoken to. At the same time, there are other players I'm seeing that are more than willing to apply to and enter the cabals early just to make sure they are eligible for it. The latter ones are taking it seriously and being very careful, which is what I want. So no, there's not going to be changes to those helpfiles.

There will be a change to the application command in the near future. Posting early looks good on you, but they probably won't induct you at very low rank.

After applying, you should check from the cabal's senior members for what they expects from you (which is up to them). You should not rank beyond the max level for posting applications before you have been spoken to. If you know what your cabal's expectations are (e.g. knights oathing, legion don't go pk protected) then you should be obeying that from the get-go, and not waiting to be spoonfed that info. We don't need players in cabals that make members coach them where that isnt really needed.

Prferably do not discuss your cabal application before you get in, either. I'd rather players think "wow this guy should be in knight" than "wow this guy thinks he should be in knight"

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Yeah. There's something wrong with the application commands. I've tried posting an application for both Knight and Legion and haven't been able to do it. Keep getting the "you're too old for this" response.

[LEGION][KEEPER][JUSTICE][KNIGHT] Davairus the Grunt, Forsaken Chancellor-Commander of Valour

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject:

I just thought of a problem. Remember when you made it so Seringale could also be hometown for Legion? How are they supposed to tell who is protected? @_@

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: