Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

limited items and "storms"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: limited items and "storms"

Before I pose my idea, I need to clarify the existing behavior so that my idea doesn't come across as me speaking out of my ass.

Is it true that currently rares and limited items can get replenished on their NPCs when those "storms" occur...and by "storms" I mean when we see in the mud that a storm is approaching and its 5 miles away, then 4 miles away, etc?

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject:

oui

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for confirming, V.

Ok so, my idea goes something like this. Make it possible for players to force one of these storms so as to replenish rares. This would of course have to be quite hard to accomplish, for example way tougher than killing the Keeper to get some rares. It should require multiple players working together to summon the storm. Perhaps the gathering of certain magical items to combine into a storm-summoning icon, certain Words of Power need to be spoken at just the right time and day at a hidden copse. You get my drift. Make it TOUGH, mentally and physically. Like forging is. But rewarding when it is figured out and done.

Flame away.

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject:

It's not a fucking storm, it's reboot/copyover/hotboot whatever you wanna call it, but don't call it a 'storm' because it's retarded:D

And the limited items only get restored if they are under limit anyway, which would be equal with just killing a mob, waiting for zone spawn and getting the item.

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject:

iolo wrote:
Thanks for confirming, V.

Ok so, my idea goes something like this. Make it possible for players to force one of these storms so as to replenish rares. This would of course have to be quite hard to accomplish, for example way tougher than killing the Keeper to get some rares. It should require multiple players working together to summon the storm. Perhaps the gathering of certain magical items to combine into a storm-summoning icon, certain Words of Power need to be spoken at just the right time and day at a hidden copse. You get my drift. Make it TOUGH, mentally and physically. Like forging is. But rewarding when it is figured out and done.

Flame away.

I don't know.. I mean.. The Keeper of the Artifacts is basically your idea, but you want rares to be available across the board instead of 2 at a time or whatever.. (by the way that would mean, and I think you're actually implying, that the Keeper of the Artifacts method would be harder to accomplish the goal of releasing all rares it currently has.)

I mean, think of it this way. If you have to get those summon stones just to bring back Zaikkra and fight to get to it, and..if you (as many) aren't up to do that, don't think there would/should be an easier less time consuming way to bring back >all< rares outside of a storm.

I'm not saying you should have to kill all those mobs, but it should at least be as time consuming. And no one would be willing to do that unless they had the ultimate winter group, and people barely do that anymore. Which goes on to the next point, that even if you did bring the rares back, you wouldn't be able to get to 3/4ths of the good ones anyway.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Hmm, well I don't know anything about the summoning stones thing you're talking about, but your logic makes sense.

Ok then can somone please go kick the AR server so there is a rare refresh!

Smile

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject:

iolo wrote:

Smile

Dispater wrote:
And the limited items only get restored if they are under limit anyway, which would be equal with just killing a mob, waiting for zone spawn and getting the item.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Dispater wrote:
iolo wrote:

Smile

Dispater wrote:

Won't work for Goodies.

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject:

iolo wrote:
Dispater wrote:
iolo wrote:

Smile

Dispater wrote:

Won't work for Goodies.

Works for goodies with an evil alt Wink Been there, done that!

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Dispater wrote:
iolo wrote:
Dispater wrote:
iolo wrote:

Smile

Dispater wrote:

Won't work for Goodies.

Works for goodies with an evil alt Wink Been there, done that!

Lol stop settin people up for failure Dispater Laughing

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject:

Rares exist in limited quantity on the server. The more players there is, the more rares the game will supply. The less players there is, the less they will supply. It works just like a percentage.

When you identify a rare, look at the cost. For other kinds of items this is the gold acquired by selling to vendors. For rare items this variable is controlling the rarity. e.g. if a rare is cost 20 (something like swiftbirds) you will see a lot of rares of that kind around. Maybe not 20, but a lot.

Rares are taken out of circulation over monthly inactivity purges and via sacrifices (*). This will prevent that rare from being regenerated until it has been released. However the most common reason for not seeing rares around is the player hoarding.

Rares are returned to circulation by either an Imm releasing them, or by killing the Keeper of Artifacts (you may consider that a slow but sure loot pinata). Reboots usually accompany rares being released by Imms because it also repops mobs.

(*) Wasn't always the case, but ended up being implemented because of high-levels multiing with sac item/quit/go repop or wait for reboot.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject:

Thanks Dav, great explanation. I'll work on my patience waiting for the repops Smile

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
loot pinata

Oh god my fantasy, i just imagined a punch of elves and dworfs pounding on keeper of artifacts with hammers and sticks (staves) to so he would spit out some loots:D It's so fucking funny picture, i should draw it:D

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: