Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 16 hours.

Best race/class/cabal combo and why

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Best race/class/cabal combo and why

I would like to hear your opinions on what race, class, and cabal combo is the most fun to play, worth their weight in all PK situations, and interesting to RP. it could be a combo you've played before, or a combo that you think would be great to play. fire berserker warlord? avian invoker assassin? everyone makes a char because they think it will be exciting to play and i'd like to hear your reasons. for example, i don't like playing thieves. my assassin hopeful (which i never ended up applying with) was a drow shaman. i can't picture myself prying and stealing bits and pieces of eq then running away, only to lose it all if bashed to death, and me left with no pks, and 1 pdeath.

i think anything with druids should be ignored. heh

also i think this thread brings up the case of whether one track classes are more powerful than versatile classes. the overbearing bashing and dirting warrior vs the dk that has to resort to afflictive, maladictive, part melee, pet, and summon.

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject:

Most deadly - vampire assassin.
Most fun - duergar shaman legion.
Most pwnage - overpowered storm zerker with garb.

0 0 0
Flumm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: best combo

I don't think it'd be as fun now, but back when the playerbase was much bigger my chaotic halfling thief was so much fun. Chaotic was important though. You can completely reequip yourself without leaving town or without killing a single mob or person. Don't even have to waste time practicing your defenses if you don't want to. Lots of little things thieves have make them a lot of fun I think.

I've always thought that illusionists have a lot of fun looking skills to play around with when not pking(like ventriloquate and doppelganger) plus they are pretty powerful for fighting. Also, once you get haste, quick to rank which is always important to me.

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject:

I think he meant overall Ramod, not just in specific cases. Halfling thief would be my pick in that case. I like stealing from good aligns, unless they're a stiff neck Knight, they usually just mutter about it. Why they're fun? You can pull off the funniest things with them, I pried Lourn's portable hole off him while he was awake, in front of 3 justices. They just laughed when I automatically pulled out the anti-neutral stuff and dropped it. Why they make interesting rp? They don't really, I occassionally shoot the shit with victims while evading their amateurish attempts to find me and regain their loot, but I don't make a habit of in-depth character actions. Why they're deadly? They're only mildly so, though I've had enough luck with them to have pked about one of every class at 50 with one. Some 5/5 or 6/6 or 7/7 unique or rare enchanted daggers like the kris and yog-sothoth can do very nice backstab damage thanks to the backstab bonus modifier halflings gain. The water trident when it did torrents and was average 31, I had a 7/7 of those I stole off some Cams people, could do unspeakables on anyone with it, not just duergars or dwarves. And if it was a duergar or dwarf who had sanc, I could still pull annhilates usually. High average damage weapons with mastered backstab and dual backstab with some nice hitroll can put someone down.
Nothing will ever beat a halfling as a thief, though sliths might be interesting if available. Favorite of all time, was pestering Nyevon when he was shy of level 50, I was 48, he was resting in the valley outside sreyb, walked in hidden, scoped him, saw blood encrusted, and the ivy thingamabob bracelet. Knowing you step out of the shadows when you pry, I walked west, vised, but put sneak back up so he didnt see me walk in, calmly pried both pieces while he was awake and ran off. He followed me to town, we fought, he landed faerie fire, I dirt kicked him, fled, walked back in, pried his whipping tail while he stood there dirt kicked, he never realized what I'd done. He was so desperate to get me he came after me since I was still faerie fired without putting sanc back up or flying. I promptly tripped him to death, and looted all his spiked light steel and other goodies. And I always kicked his ass every fight after that one thanks to good saves vs mal and saves vs mental plus the natural magic resistance bonus.

So halfling thieves are basically my favorite because they're the best for stealing/prying(100% innate steal, 25 dex for pry), they have as good of backstab as any other thief race can have, they have no vulnerabilities and magic resistance. And I love them because whenever I steal something without being noticed, I feel like a kid who stole some of those freshly baked cookies that my mom told me to let cool off, without her noticing. *pats his stomach* I was always good at that as a kid.

0 0 0
rho-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: :)

couldn't agree more.

but i always wonder how fun it would be to have a halfing thief in knights pissing off the legionairs. Can't kill them? Intrude, wait, pry, hide. AWESOME.

let thieves in! Very Happy
________
Girlfriend Pic

Last edited by rho- on Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject:

I had a halfling thief squire back in 2002, they did okay, but not as good as neutrals I dont think, since goods hoarde the most and you cant steal from them if you're good. Neat fact, Halflings have enough strength to wield and dual wield crusader sword and bastard sword. I killed a necromancer in the emerald who saw me coming in a round and a half without haste, and he had sanc up, with the two of them.(His name was Quazark, I never found out if it was the original trying to make a come back or someone ripping off the name, but he did do a nice job of tearing apart other people, so he had nice rares to take. Oh, and he deleted shortly thereafter) But yeah, Aberdour told me a thief Knight would be okay, but he wouldnt make the thief Executor ever regardless of how well I did with him, because they needed a better class for a figurehead, so I ended up making an Invoker. But thieves cant be Knights now anyways. And I doubt a halfling thief woulda been too interesting in the long run anyways, they're all about the cheese kill, not heads up fighting against evils like Knights are supposed to do.(I said supposed)

0 0 0
Hrash

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Deadliest = Fire zerker warlord (Garb doesn't do haste anymore Ramod)
Most fun = Any dkn besides drow
Most pwnzor = Vamp assassin

0 0 0
Nonpoint

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject:

Uhhh you cant pry stuff off people who are awake..

Well Rounded: Avian Dark Knight Legion
Deadliest: Vampire
Annoying: Halfling Thief
Gayest: Illithid Psionicist

0 0 0
Triliwyn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject:

You can pry off someone whose awake, it's just not as easy as when they're asleep....

Must fun: Avian Dkn.
Best: Avian Necro/Ill
Funniest: Gnome anything.

0 0 0
b00mslang

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject:

heh, there's no doubt - Illithid Illusionist

If you don't die too much and have decent eq, you'll get 1000+ hp by lvl 50 Cool

Other than that, drow shaman, avian dk...hrm, this is sounding familiar.

0 0 0
Rozzy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Pry

Yup, sure can pry things when awake. I had a zerker one time had his weapon, light, and a couple other things pried right off me while I was awake. I remember because I had a light one second and the next I didn't.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: