Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 7 hours.

Paladin's stake skill
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Paladin's stake skill

Stake is totall useless. Take it away, and give them dagger or curse.

0 0 0
Master

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Curse? I thought that was more in the way of an evil spell. Dagger might not be a bad idea, though; was it just excluded for the sake of balance?

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject:

They have a chance at curse via using wrath. You do not give pure curse to a class with such offense, defense, curing, and near infinite errantry movement. Healers have it and it is one of their most valuable spells.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject:

Slade wrote:
They have a chance at curse via using wrath. You do not give pure curse to a class with such offense, defense, curing, and near infinite errantry movement. Healers have it and it is one of their most valuable spells.

My bad, you're right about curse with Wrath.

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject:

I was under the impression that the Stake skill was used for vampires...If I am not mistake it was a poor man's assassinate for the undead with the potential to do a lot of damage if you didn't one hit kill them. Much like turn undead except only for undead in coffins.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Mr. Forgotten wrote:
I was under the impression that the Stake skill was used for vampires...If I am not mistake it was a poor man's assassinate for the undead with the potential to do a lot of damage if you didn't one hit kill them. Much like turn undead except only for undead in coffins.

It doesn't work on NPCs. Only works on the Vampire quest class.

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject:

Mr. Forgotten wrote:
I was under the impression that the Stake skill was used for vampires...If I am not mistaken it was a poor man's assassinate for VAMPIRES with the potential to do a lot of damage if you didn't one hit kill them. Much like turn undead except only forVAMPIRES in coffins.

Fixed, this is what I meant.

Last edited by Mr. Forgotten on Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:51 am; edited 2 times in total

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject:

You messed up your quote tags. Wink

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject:

iolo wrote:
You messed up your quote tags. Wink

Fixed, thanks.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject:

I have been playing AR for a long time now, and I have only seen stake used once, and that was in a log.

While it isnt used very much, I doubt that it is worth very much weight on the scales of balance. They CERTAINLY shouldnt get something like dagger or curse in exchange for it, since its basically worthless, and giving them something worthwhile. How does that make sense? If you dont think its worth anything, dont practice it.

This is another one of those changes that was just blabbed out, without really thinking about it at all. Stfu.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Most likely Iolo, having played a paladin to condeath, was more thinking - "Paladins are pretty horrible to play pkwise...what do they have that is worthless that they could lose and perhaps gain something that would allow them to kill at least Leroy".

Admitedly dagger isn't a very "paladinish" weapon and doesn't really go along with the class but cut the guy some slack. Until you man up and play a character to condeath YOU stfu. Your post was perfectly fine right up until the point where you took your "cyber-badassedness" into it. I've watched your posts as of late and have talked to some people about them. The concensus is, get back on your meds, don't quit the weed, or get laid...because you are downright angry all of the time lately.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Mmm. You missed out when I was really out of hand.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Crazyhorse, you give me an erection.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject:

To be honest I don't think my bro's post actually has anything to do with reality. The point of the suggestion, from what I understand, is to take a weak class and give them something to balance them against warriors/shamans/casters, because right now they AREN'T balanced. His post is suggesting that they are balanced currently and that changing out a crap spell for a good spell/skill would make them unbalanced.

I also don't think that pally's need much right now, simply because they are alot like DKN's when it comes to pk; Errant/holyfrenzythingy and its one chance to get in a good kill. I think they are supposed to be a vet class. Than again, I haven't played one in ages for just that reason. Lol.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject:

So to be honest, I'm pretty sure there is a good reason why Paladin's don't have dagger, and if there wasn't a good reason then it would have been changed long ago. And admittedly I am biased since I like playing pallys and it is a pain in the ass having to rely on ice staff/frostbrand for ice attacks since those are rare items.

With that being said, I don't agree with the arguement that replacing Stake with a good skill is unbalanced because I have the feeling that at one time Stake *was* a good skill - when there were way more vampires about. And look, its a rank 35th skill, so it had to have been seen sometime in the past as being worthwhile. So instead of saying "replace it with a good skill" let us say replace it with a useful skill. Dagger would certainly be useful...though my guess is unbalanced. What other ideas to folks have? I couldn't think of anything that wouldn't be blatantly unbalanced.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Vamps = 1 per 50 players in the playerbase.

That means a max of 3 vamps has ever occurred probably. Your logic is totally faulty.

Being biased means your opinion is going to be disregarded.

Palys are balanced. They certainly dont need another weapon. The skill doesnt play in to their balance at all. Why paladins would get an uber kick the fuck out of the undead skill is simply RP based in my opinion. Which, while that isnt a good reason, its a completely dismissable skill basically. So stop thinking about Stake and just dont practice it.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject:

What are you talking about with the 1 vamp per 50 players, 3 vampires ever, etc?

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject:

Maybe rather then taking it away change it so it works a little differently? Make it similar to Ninja' assasinate, and make it so you dont have to find the vampire in the coffin? Just use it as an initiate with like harm type lag.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:30 am    Post subject:

Quote:
That means a max of 3 vamps has ever occurred probably. Your logic is totally faulty.

I have seen three vamps at once, so I hardly think that is true.

Quote:
So to be honest, I'm pretty sure there is a good reason why Paladin's don't have dagger,

I couldn't agree more. I think dagger isn't the best idea, but I do appreciate someone atleast TRYING to come up with an idea. Instead of being a large headed freak with a penchant for being a douche.

I like the stake initiate idea, having it work like assassinate to start. I also would throw out turn undead being brought back to planet earth instead of the completely useless spell it has become. The whole multiple casts and uber lag sort of gags the use of turn undead in combat, unless you have them stuck in a room.

0 0 0
Nyub101
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject:

I will agreed that no doubt stake used to be a useful skill. I remember, back in the day, even when there was a clan of undead that were not vampires. The last one of the clan was a thief, thus more undead to stake. So I might be a little sided on the stake not being so good anymore. It could use a revamp or something to go with the times.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: