Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 5 hours.

Paladin's stake skill
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Nyub101 wrote:
I will agreed that no doubt stake used to be a useful skill. I remember, back in the day, even when there was a clan of undead that were not vampires. The last one of the clan was a thief, thus more undead to stake. So I might be a little sided on the stake not being so good anymore. It could use a revamp or something to go with the times.

W-T-F

And my statement is the formula used to find how many Vampires are allowed to be in the realms. Dav wont put out more than 1 per 50 players in the player base.

And Faelon, you saying that you have seen 3 vamps in the realms, when I said that there has only ever been 3 *probably* at one time is... Not an argument. Thats you agreeing with me and looking like an idiot at the same time.

0 0 0
FenixMajere

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Crazyhorse take this midol you might not bitch as much.

Stake is not that great of a skill. Not many vamps and you cant use it on anything else so its kinda crap.

Quote:
And my statement is the formula used to find how many Vampires are allowed to be in the realms. Dav wont put out more than 1 per 50 players in the player base.

You shouldn't assume that you know the formula cause you know things change and if your not an immortal you really dont know shit.

btw if anyone finds a blue lighter let me know I lost it.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject:

When dav says what he uses to gauge how many Vamps are allowed in the realms, I typically like to use that as an argument for what Dav said.

You guys are idiots.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
That means a max of 3 vamps has ever occurred probably.

That's what I was responding to and in fact I am not the only one who wondered what the hell you meant if you look back. It helps if you read it really slow, in case you missed what it says.

Max. 3. Vamps. Has. Ever. Occurred. That may not be what you meant, but it isn't anyone elses job to figure out what the hell you mean when you gargle shit at other people without actually formulating a complete god damn sentence.

Quote:
everyones lost but me.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Uhhh?

Are you going to stop not proving me wrong soon or...?

So can anyone actually point to a time where there were 4 vamps? If so, then that would just make my point hold less water, and wouldnt actually prove anything as false, since I said probably... Even if there have been 4 vamps at a time ever... I mean seriously? I dont even know how to respond to the complete idiocy of your statement.

This really isnt that hard.

You intentionally misinterpreting my statement has nothing to do with my communication alleys there bub. Read it again, and try not to be so stupid.

0 0 0
FenixMajere

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject:

uhhh?

are you going to stop being a bitch?

regardless I am going to disregard everything you have said till Dav says something. Cause after all he is Big Boss

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject:

You didnt actually give me the midol you were offering before. My vagina is still on hyper drive.

0 0 0
FenixMajere

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject:

i put in the piece of cheese.

0 0 0
Master

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
That means a max of 3 vamps has ever occurred probably.

The confusion arose there. You did not say, "That means a max of 3 vamps has ever occurred at one time probably." You simply said, "Ever." For those of us who have not ascended to the omniscience you pride yourself on, that might look like you were saying that there has only ever been, at most, three vampires in the entire history of the game.

He ceased to not prove you wrong when you failed to say what you meant. And you flame people for not taking their time and thinking things through. Laughing

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Are you guys really this fucking stupid?

Do you always take things completely out of context and try to read them? Or is that just when you want to be a stupid twat?

OBVIOUSLY there has been more than 3 vampires ever.

Just to be clear, I dont think you are an ACTUAL twat. I want to think things through this time, to be safe.

Oh noes! You guys caught me in a grammatical error that could have easily been disregarded if you fucking applied your brain.

If I misspell something are you gonna do this again? I would prefer just to get it out of the way now.

Here is my frustration. Just to clarify to everyone who thinks Im being a bastard or whatever.

Throwing ideas out there without thinking about them at all is a waste of everyones time. A valid suggestion: Hey, stake is pretty much worthless cuz there is at max 1 (probably) vampire on at any time, so finding a vamp in his coffin is totally not gonna happen. Can we trade that for doing initial backstab-like attack that is toned hella down for when a vamp is in excellent condition? Much less damage in trade for not using it basically ever.

Not a valid suggestion: Hey, im not very gud with those l33t palidinz. Can we give them hellstream plz?

All I ask... And I dont even think its very much... Is that you give a logical argument to your request. Have it be well thought out, and provide why you think the change should happen.

Vomiting ideas cuz you think they sound l33t, or because you just sort of threw out an idea because you didnt want to waste the time thinking about it so someone else has to, is going to piss me off every fucking time. If you want to assist in the progression of the game, give your reasoning, and actually think about it for nine seconds before you post.

I am actually growing tired of flaming for the first time in my life because you guys are crying so hard, and not changing a lick. THINK. Thats all I ask.

0 0 0
bassball

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Crazyhorse wants everyone to quit wasting people's time. Cause what he's saying obviously isn't wasting anyone's time.

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Instead of discussing a skill that rarely got used when it was necessary (higher pbase with more vamps), how about proposing a rework of an existing skill to increase pally potency?

Detect evil for example. How about when you walk into an area you receive "You detect an evil intent within the air." or something like that when you walk into an area with a vampire present in it (for pallies only). Yes "where" works, but only when not in altered form. It would give the pally more awareness, but not necessarily pinpoint the vamp. (Kind of like a reverse version of falcon beast call for rangers). Vamps kick ass, but if they should fear any class it should be pallies.

Perhaps with errantry active it assists in your tracking, like: "You detect a faint evilness about your surroundings." showing that the vamp had recently been in the area. (Kind of like how that one skill [faerie fog?] used to leave a trail as you ran away but not as obvious, as it would pertain to entering the area and you'd have to move into the next area to see had they been there to find perhaps a stronger sense of presence)

Right now no one practices the detect evil/good skills because there's no point. Another alternative could be to increase the potency of anti alignment skills when the detect evil/good is up. Pallys for example may be able to inflict a stronger wrath detect evil up. This would take final practices (health or mv) from the pally, but for the sake of increasing their spell potency (that increase being negotiable).

This could apply for the hybrid classes with these spells, if it becomes an issue, then the protection spell can assist to negate the affects of one using the detect boost. If it becomes a ridiculous impact issue, the protection giving items (or a smaller amount of sources) can be reintroduced into AR.

Just an idea. Feel free to build off of it or create a new thread for it if necessary.

0 0 0
Master

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject:

crazyhorse wrote:
They CERTAINLY shouldnt get something like dagger or curse in exchange for it, since its basically worthless, and giving them something worthwhile. How does that make sense?

crazyhorse wrote:
A valid suggestion: Hey, stake is pretty much worthless cuz there is at max 1 (probably) vampire on at any time, so finding a vamp in his coffin is totally not gonna happen. Can we trade that for doing initial backstab-like attack that is toned hella down for when a vamp is in excellent condition?

I honestly have no response to this.

It's also really hard to take grammar flames from someone to whom an apostrophe is completely foreign.

crazyhorse wrote:

Vomiting ideas cuz you think they sound l33t, or because you just sort of threw out an idea because you didnt want to waste the time thinking about it so someone else has to, is going to piss me off every fucking time. If you want to assist in the progression of the game, give your reasoning, and actually think about it for nine seconds before you post.

This is another problem. Although logic is absolute, we don't have complete control over it. So if someone, attempting to use your fabled logic, takes a different path than you did in their syllogisms, you automatically assume that they did not think about it at all. I've said before, Logic is the absolute, not you. There is always more than one way to look at a scenario, and there are too many possibilities for everyone to arrive at the same result, simply because our logic is invariably flawed.

So the next time you feel like throwing spiteful self-indulgences at someone, try and see how they achieved that concept. I have no doubt that your response would be something along the lines of, "I did, and I think they're a fucking idiot because they didn't arrive at they same conclusion that I did." However, applying logic rather than fire to their arguments would both lead them to see exactly what was flawed in their arguments and, perhaps, stop people hating you and your charred personality.

crazyhorse wrote:

I am actually growing tired of flaming for the first time in my life because you guys are crying so hard, and not changing a lick.

I've already told you. Nobody cares to listen to a flamer. I put it to you that, logically, if you've flamed so much that you're weary of it and there has been no change whatsoever, you should perhaps change tactics? Just a thought.

As for removing something useless and replacing it with something useful being stupid. If something is useless, is the general consensus not to get rid of or upgrade it? You neglected the fact that paladins only get it fairly late, which generally means that something useful is supposed to be there. I'll let you work out what, in your own book, this would make you.

Last edited by Master on Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject:

crazyhorse wrote:
OBVIOUSLY there has been more than 3 vampires ever.

Jeez crazyhorse, you can't even speak English. Your sentence should read "OBVIOUSLY there HAVE been more than 3 vampires ever." Not the way it currently reads. Since you can't even speak the lingua franca of the forums, there's no reason to take your arguments seriously. Learn the language, then post. Jeez.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject:

Ergorian, I am going to ignore you.

Master, I would like you to point out how him suggesting giving dagger in exchange for stake is applying an ounce of thought/logic/reason/anysortofnonidiocy.

Im not asking people to think like me. I am asking them to think. Period.

I am going to pick you apart regardless, but that is part of the growing process. No awesome idea started as an awesome idea. It was reformed into one.

Point out a single flame that I put up where someone put forth some effort/thought. Just one. Paleeze.

And it is a proven fact that negative reinforcement works better than positive. It is also infinitely more fun.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject:

Thanks to those who made the effort to keep this thread on-track and building on my initial idea. There's been a lot of retardedequine pissing unfortunately mixed in, so I'm attempting to bring the thread back on track by summarizing where we're at.

INITIAL COMPLAINT/IDEA:
Stake is useless. Replace it with something that Paladins will actually use or something they need.

LIST OF PROPOSED CHANGES TO ADDRESS THIS (in no particular order, and one more added in I've been thinking of).

-Take the stake skill away and don't replace it with anything.
-Replace the stake skill with dagger.
-Keep the skill but modify it. Make it similar to Ninja's assasinate, and make it so you dont have to find the vampire in the coffin - just use it as an initiate with like harm type lag.
-Replace the stake skill with a type of awareness skill that allows the pally to know when a vampire is/was close. Maybe make it kick into overdrive when the pally is on errantry to help him track the vampire.
-Modify the stake skill so it can be used on undead mobs, that don't need to be asleep, and make it a chance to assassinate or do crazy high damage, with a cool-down period after using it. The pally needs to be carrying a stake to do this (new item!)

Crazyhorse, don't highjack my thread again with pissing, fucknotch.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject:

This is still mostly a fail, btw.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject:

notice how no immortals are bothering to waste their time with your ideas? you guys would probably be better off "discussing" this over your aim circlejerk or something.

0 0 0
Master

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject:

Iolo, I apologize, but I really can't let this go. Clifton, your candles have been eclipsed by crazyhorse's bonfire.

Did you actually read my post? I think all you got out of it was, "Ur ghey and iolo is right."

crazyhorse wrote:

I'm not asking people to think like me. I am asking them to think. Period.

Which thought you deny since it does not directly coincide with yours.

crazyhorse wrote:
It was reformed into one.

Not by people like you, but by people who, in addition to correcting lack of logic, actually make some contribution to the conversation.

crazyhorse wrote:

Point out a single flame that I put up where someone put forth some effort/thought. Just one. Paleeze.

Point out a single flame that you put forth where it made any difference whatsoever. Just one. Please.

crazyhorse wrote:

And it is a proven fact that negative reinforcement works better than positive. It is also infinitely more fun.

Source?

You are destructing rather than reinforcing, and since you're growing weary of it, it is obviously not infinitely more fun.

This time, my concern should be made simple enough for even you to understand:
You are not correcting.
To make this simpler yet for you, you are effectively giving these people you find illogical a complex machine that only you fully understand and telling them to use it. You scream at them when they do something counterproductive, yet have given them no instruction and are giving them no correction.

If you haven't figured it out, the machine is what you think. People don't immediately get it, you scream at them and offer nothing else whatsoever. There are two solutions: either shut up until they get it right, or offer something useful.

I have a brilliant idea! Why don't you explain what you think is wrong with replacing Stake with Dagger for those who failed mind-reading? Nah, that might be productive.

BACK ON TOPIC:
There are a bunch of variables that could be thrown into that last idea of yours, Iolo, to balance it out a bit. You obviously can't make it an assassinate-undead type of thing, because that would be useful.

The problem with stake is that, in typical lore, it is a weapon against vampires. I wouldn't mind if it was used against mob vampires, but certainly not against all undead, and it would be hard to stake someone standing up.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject:

_Clifton_ wrote:
notice how no immortals are bothering to waste their time with your ideas? you guys would probably be better off "discussing" this over your aim circlejerk or something.

Yes, but the fact that you took some time out of your day to respond makes up for that. Thanks pal!

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: