Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 12 hours.

NO_QUIT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arishel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: NO_QUIT

This is for the cabal's or character's who want to quit when shit gets heavy.

Introduce this into the game, and you won't have people getting kicked out of cabal's for not wanting to own up and fight, or do we just slap them on the wrist and give them a warning about how they should be? Then they just end up rage-deleting. Either way, IF SOMEONE IS IN YOUR HALLS THEN YOU SHOULDN"T BE ABLE TO QUIT. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
What on earth do people think when they do this? They don't care about how much time they put into the character or what? It's throwing your character out the window and saying the hell with it. Running....Jesus people grow some damn balls. I don't care if you have a 50 human healer/ranger/whatever, you don't quit when they're in your cabal. You die trying, or lure them away from it. Being drow sucks, but it pays off at 50. Sorry to single you out, but this has happened so much that I can't remember the last player that did this.

Geez, if you want them to be able to quit during cabal raids, then once they type in the command of quit, just have the necromancer give the attacker the skull/cross/scales/balance and leave it at that.

Sorry, idea. Right. NO_QUIT adrenaline when people are in your cabal that can originally harm you. What's everyone think?

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject:

I think if it happens more than once over a short period of time, just punt them from the cabal. I don't know that those people who want to get the beefiest pk score make good cabal members. They are way too concerned with staying alive, which isn't a cabal trait. In cabals you die, you get ganged and youy better get used to it.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject:

My life, at times, is more important than this game.

Sometimes shit happens. Multiple offenses (I say three EVER) should = evict.

Once to fuck up, twice to learn, three times is too many.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject:

crazyhorse wrote:

I'll agree that there's always that "occasional" real-life thing that comes up (an emergency - car crashes through your front door; that sketchy leftover burrito that was in the fridge for 7 weeks that you ate for lunch attacks your bowels; etc.) that causes you to immediately have to quit out, but for 99% of the time, you aren't supposed to log in with a CABALLED character if you "don't have a lot of time to play".

*** If you know you've only got 10 minutes, don't log in just to "check notes" or something, cuz it's only gonna get you in trouble when someone races to invade just to fuck you up. ***

As for the idea, I kinda like it (not auto-boot for a one-time quit). What I'd possibly propose is a counter that keeps track of each quit while a non-cabal character is in the cabalgrounds. A possible snag I see is if someone logs in and there's someone already inside the cabal (invaded previously) and the cabal character doesn't go inside to check, they check notes or whatever, don't suspect the character is in there and quit out, then get popped with this...

Maybe on invasion (if non_cabal invades while cabal is logged on), there's a certain adrenaline that's triggered on the caballed character. Then on quit, there's a check of the cabal rooms for non_cabal characters. If the cabal character has the invasion adrenaline and the cabal-room check is positive for non-cabal characters, then they get popped.

...?

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject:

There would definetly have to be a provision that, if you die trying to defend, and the person is still in your cabal after one of your deaths, you can log out without penalty.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject:

Why the fuck should a cabaled be punished for a bottom feeding uncabaled that cant chase you down? It's not your fault they can't track. Also, show me where it says you have to die to call it defending, which is what this idea is based upon.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: NO_QUIT

Arishel wrote:
This is for the cabal's or character's who want to quit when shit gets heavy.

Introduce this into the game, and you won't have people getting kicked out of cabal's for not wanting to own up and fight, or do we just slap them on the wrist and give them a warning about how they should be? Then they just end up rage-deleting. Either way, IF SOMEONE IS IN YOUR HALLS THEN YOU SHOULDN"T BE ABLE TO QUIT. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
What on earth do people think when they do this? They don't care about how much time they put into the character or what? It's throwing your character out the window and saying the hell with it. Running....Jesus people grow some damn balls. I don't care if you have a 50 human healer/ranger/whatever, you don't quit when they're in your cabal. You die trying, or lure them away from it. Being drow sucks, but it pays off at 50. Sorry to single you out, but this has happened so much that I can't remember the last player that did this.

Geez, if you want them to be able to quit during cabal raids, then once they type in the command of quit, just have the necromancer give the attacker the skull/cross/scales/balance and leave it at that.

Sorry, idea. Right. NO_QUIT adrenaline when people are in your cabal that can originally harm you. What's everyone think?

1. Yeah, Drow does pay off at 50..... good luck getting there. only someone who likes dying picks drow, or even elf. I'd take an elf or drow ninja or thief or warrior over anything without dodge any day, and even then I'd rather punch myself in the balls.

2. This is asking for a game mechanic to enforce roleplay. not sure if thats a good thing.

Last edited by Mandor on Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:49 am    Post subject:

Vhrael wrote:
crazyhorse wrote:

you aren't supposed to log in with a CABALLED character if you "don't have a lot of time to play".

*** If you know you've only got 10 minutes, don't log in just to "check notes" or something, cuz it's only gonna get you in trouble when someone races to invade just to fuck you up. ***

1. A lot of time to play is subjective. A lot of time for me may mean 10-30 minutes. a lot of time for you could be 3 hours. Sorry, but we can't all share the same schedule. The thing about MMOs is that it needs to cater to the lowest common denominator usually, because the idea is that people play together, not worry about game shit because they cant spend an hour or two tangling with some person that spends more time playing AR than people do playing WoW.

2. If you logged in just to check notes, and the other guy thinks "Im going to fuck with this guy so he cant log out" THe log out part = OOC. and therefore why reward someone with that mentality by harming another players character because they aren't playing an OOC mindfuck game?

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject:

_Clifton_ wrote:
Why the fuck should a cabaled be punished for a bottom feeding uncabaled that cant chase you down? It's not your fault they can't track. Also, show me where it says you have to die to call it defending, which is what this idea is based upon.

yeah, Im interested in knowing why dying is the only proof of defending. To me that just encourages suicide defenses just to quit. If I had to leave for real life reasons, thats what I'd do. Go no retreat and just murder away until they kill me and taint or purify me, then I'd get to quit.

Why is it that unless a death is involved, people claim you aren't defending? That doesn't make sense. Either way, if you defend, but eventually quit, or die and then quit, the end result is the same: They get your item anyway. The also weaken your cabal by relieving you of rares. which is worse?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject:

The players that bothered you by quitting out have responded to current measures to prevent quitting by instead procuring the "who" list prior to logins via OOC circles, thus I don't see any use in exaggerating the problem, and causing undue anxiety to innocent players.

Quote:
Also, show me where it says you have to die to call it defending, which is what this idea is based upon.

I believe it was Thurgolm, the fire giant Justice shaman, and also whoever sissirus's duergar shaman in Justice, who were both ordered to return to their cabals and either die defending, or crawl out of their with very little health. So a precedent has been set for showing up and defending, and certainly I would slay a player who felt he had better things to do than fight invaders. Either you're resting up, or you're on your way there, or you're fighting, or you're running for dear life. Those are the acceptable cases for cabal defense.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
The players that bothered you by quitting out have responded to current measures to prevent quitting by instead procuring the "who" list prior to logins via OOC circles, thus I don't see any use in exaggerating the problem, and causing undue anxiety to innocent players.

Quote:
Also, show me where it says you have to die to call it defending, which is what this idea is based upon.

I believe it was Thurgolm, the fire giant Justice shaman, and also whoever sissirus's duergar shaman in Justice, who were both ordered to return to their cabals and either die defending, or crawl out of their with very little health. So a precedent has been set for showing up and defending, and certainly I would slay a player who felt he had better things to do than fight invaders. Either you're resting up, or you're on your way there, or you're fighting, or you're running for dear life. Those are the acceptable cases for cabal defense.

Then question:

When is it okay to quit? Do you have to spend 5 hours defending? Is it bad etiquette or even going against cabal policy to quit without dying if you have been defending but need to leave? It just looks still like there's the expectation that you may only leave after corpsing yourself.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject:

Just keep raiding the guardian, so that their adrenaline is refreshed. Due to nexus travel, it is very easy to revisit the guardian. Don't do this on people who aren't lame, but its there to use vs the quitters.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Just keep raiding the guardian, so that their adrenaline is refreshed. Due to nexus travel, it is very easy to revisit the guardian. Don't do this on people who aren't lame, but its there to use vs the quitters.

I guess what I was saying is that who is and isnt a lame quitter is subjective (so I guess people will always hit the guardian to recharge their adrenaline). Some people seem to think if you dont spend hours defending and at least die to quit, you're a lame quitter.

If they spend 10 minutes defending and die and quit: Not a lame quitter.
If they spend 1 hour defending and die and quit: Not a lame quitter.
If they spend 10 minutes defending and dont die and quit: A lame quitter.
If they spend 1 hour defending and dont die and quit: A lame quitter.

At least thats how they're presenting their cases as.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject:

I think its a dangerous classification to try to make... because its so opinionated. You'll see smart players quit instead of just handing over their pimp winter eq to the other cabal. Its a fair argument to make... why would you want to arm your opponents... and then get dominated the whole month, along with everyone else in your cabal. Not cowardly, just smart. I don't like to see one-sided cabal raids used as a means to loot-pinata players, especially when it goes back and forth all month. Another reason why I wanted the Keeper cabal here.

In my experience, the lameass would be someone at 50 who always logs out quickly when I login, or especially when walking onto his path, or also seems to be avoiding my play hours. If I have to raid his cabal just to get a fight with the guy, while he aggressively bottom feeds on the lower rank players otherwise, well then he's lame. I don't know what else bothers me much. If an emergency comes up, close the fucking window... if that makes you die, too bad, but your own fault for playing too long isn't it? People quitting in the middle of a battle hasn't been a problem since the adrenaline patch, unless they void out (which, when they realyl do have to go, gets done... and the character is left unattended and vulnerable) so I find it hard to comment on those. But basically quitting for safety is the stupid stuff.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Dav, I just want to understand completely, and yes I need it spelled out.

Are you saying, if someone is in a cabal and is loaded on gear, it is acceptable for them to quit out rather than defend? I know that can't be right. Does this only pertain to if a certain set of criteria are met, like if they had 4 levels or more of a rank disadvantage, or if the other cabal is seeking to gang bang?

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Mandor wrote:
1. A lot of time to play is subjective. A lot of time for me may mean 10-30 minutes. a lot of time for you could be 3 hours. Sorry, but we can't all share the same schedule. The thing about MMOs is that it needs to cater to the lowest common denominator usually, because the idea is that people play together, not worry about game shit because they cant spend an hour or two tangling with some person that spends more time playing AR than people do playing WoW.

2. If you logged in just to check notes, and the other guy thinks "Im going to fuck with this guy so he cant log out" THe log out part = OOC. and therefore why reward someone with that mentality by harming another players character because they aren't playing an OOC mindfuck game?

I guess what I meant to say (instead of "don't log in if you only have 10 minutes") is "don't GET PISSED OFF if you can only log in for 10 minutes and someone invades and keeps you from quitting."

Cabals are a commitment, not an entitlement. If you bother to apply, jump through hoops and get inducted, you have to EARN and MAINTAIN the bonus skills that come with cabal membership. That certainly (if not most importantly) includes cabal defense, and if your schedule doesn't allow for you to properly do that, then either don't apply or don't log on unless you can commit the time necessary. If you don't *HAVE* the time and you get stuck with someone invading, don't get upset.

0 0 0
Eloret
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject:

I just recently came to the conclusion and fix to this problem...I was one that never had long to stay on my caballed chars because I knew while sitting at work there was a better chance of my having to draw my attention elsewhere while getting invaded upon or anything of the sort. So that being said you all labelled me "a quitter". That's fine as I realize that is what it looked like. My answer and conclusion is people like that, stop playing caballed chars like I did. I find it much easier to save quit while being attacked if I need to now because I have no tie down to a cabal ground that I need to defend. If you think this is a continuing problem then stop playing caballed chars. I deleted Corzen because I felt this way about my own play time. If I had more time I would have loved to keep playing and I would not have been the one to quit out so quickly without good reason.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Stiehl, I believe he is saying that if you are ubered, and a legion, and there are five knights on...

You are A) not going to live.

B) going to be suiciding almost definitely your first attempt at defense.

C) providing the other cabal with your uber rares.

It would be logical to A) not eat the death.

B) not give the other cabal all your ubers.

I would say this applies to 3 on 1's and above. 2 on 1s you get to suck it up, and an 8 level disadvantage 1 on 1 CERTAINLY doesnt count.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Thanks crazy, that does help clarify.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Uhg. Resatimm, can you delete both the mullet account (if there is one) and delete this account so I can have my name back please?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: