Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 13 hours.

Justice
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject:

YES! And healers should have wrath, and a form of blasphemy! There should also be storm giant pallies, and Necromancers need Acid Blast revamped.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject:

Let's recap.
-Mendek says, sure drows can be brutally strict, look at Forgotten Realms.
-I say, you're on crack Mendek, that's not brutally strict drows, they're the masters of chaos.
-Davairus says, yes, drows can be brutally strict like Mendek said, here's an example from Forgotten Realms of them being brutally strict.
-I say, no, no you numbnut, that's not them being brutally strict, and explained why.
-Davairus says he was referring to abandoned realms drows, even though you too, tried to demonstrate an example of why Forgotten Realms drows are brutally strict, and once again, using males as having no true power in drow society, as a sign of them being brutally strict. I disagreed and explained why. Yet, you're somehow still talking about AR drows, and your examples of Forgotten Realms have no basis on why I might think you're talking about drows in general.
-I say you're full of it.
-Davairus says obviously you just misinterpreted shit, but that's okay, because I'm cooler then you.

My latest response:
I think YOU are the one who screwed up here, misrepresenting yourself by defending a view and continuing to use references to something I clearly explained time after time, is not what you think it is. But hey, you're right, this isn't the Forgotten Realms forum. I'm down with that. Hell, it wouldn't have gone this far if you'd stopped trying to defend Mendek's post with further incorrect examples of Forgotten Realms. Maybe you should have quit before you started.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject:

I haven't made any examples from forgotten realms, at all, so I don't know where you're coming up with that. You were saying AR drows shouldn't be lawful, that's what I came into this about. "Shit, Drows shouldn't be able to be lawful." is exactly what you said, and later you also said Justices shouldnt be drows. You were basing that assertion on the irrelevant, and even choosing examples with contradictions in them, I did care to point that much out to you. That's the only reason I even bothered to reply, as I've already said. Me defending Mendek's post is your misinterpretation of what I've posted - I was defending the lawful AR drow concept, which you seemed to be attacking.

If I was out for your blood, I could easily have just taken the first sentence of your initial post, stated that it was just an attack on Mendek, and taken it from there. I am within my bounds to ban you for that you know. "Mendek, you are like the n00b cannon of Forgotten Realms. " What a compelling way to begin argument. But I figured I might try to show you that some of the rest of your reasoning was messed up, rather than pick the obvious places, since they are just as obviously places you're in quite complete control of.

Why would I be talking about Forgotten Realms? I'm not that stupid that I try to talk about things I have no knowledge of. I'm sure there are better examples of drows acting unlawfully in those books, because drows can have multiple ethos anyway.

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Quote:

The noble houses overthrow each other all the time, and it's allowed, as long as they don't leave any surviving members of the other noble house.

That's an example of a law. Drows can be lawful.

You used a quote of mine as an example, and seeing as you didn't know the full extent of the subject, the quote didnt work.

Quote:

So let me get this straight, you're telling everyone that a society that prevents males from having important jobs, has no laws?

Well, since it obviously hasn't come up on AR, where exactly did you get this information from? Somewhere other then Forgotten Realms? I think not.

So, yeah. And stuff.

0 0 0
Flumm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: AR Drows

I've always been under the assumption that female drow had the power in AR. Pretty sure it's in help drow for one. Plus the drow city and it's Matron Mothers.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject:

It's my favorite kind of topic. Bringing up fantasy stories half the people on AR have never read to condemn or condone a certain type or RP.

What I love about these is people are so adament on insisting that the way a certain race acts in a certain fantasy book is the absoloute verbatim way all players playing that race must act. While it is true that many races may be based in part off of other fantasy novels (obviously the drow is not a unique race to AR), it is also true that nobody gives a fuck. Does the character have a drow's description? Does he stay in character? Does he follow the RP of his class, alignment and ethos? If so, he's RPing better than 90% of the players on AR.

I can bring up whatever damn fantasy novel I'd like to justify the way my elf or drow or dwarf acts. And then you could bring up some other novel to say that's not how a dwarf or elf or drow acts. Does AR follow the Tolkein elf or the Forgotten Realms elf? Or the D&D elf? Or the Records of the Lodoss War elf? Who cares? If they're RPing withen the accepetable limits (which I laid out above) then they're doing good.

Quote:
They are strict like I'm not a virgin.

Judging by how upset you get that people on an online role-playing game aren't role-playing a drow like they do in your favorite fantasy novels, I'd say those are some pretty damned strict houses. This is about as bad as Ranix's arguments about how many dragons he could kill with a single fireball in AD&D.

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject:

I personally think that we should get back to the topic at hand. It has been a big discussion for some time about whether goods should be justices or not (atleast with the peeps I talk to). As it stands though I can see the need to let lightwalkers be justices considering the real life comparisons, yet also let us consider the In Game checks and balances that come with it;

Light walker attacks evil who tries to hide..
Light walker gets flagged by light walking justice..

At this point there are a few ways this could go.. here are two..

1) Light walker kills justice, gets damned and from then on has a reputation for killing goods NO MATTER what the reasoning you will always have a rep like that. Trust me. I know.
And the next scenario..
2) Justice bags Lightwalker.. Light walker is dead and once again Fucked.

I beleive that if you are going to be a light walker justice you need to not, I REPEAT not, actually physically attack the lightwalker save with the special guard and other JUSTICE capabilities.

I also understand the idea of "Well you broke the law, if you cant handle the heat get your sorry ass off the stove." Well that is bullshit. Its a pk mud, not a hide in town and jerk off mud. Besides which along the same line of reasoning it is also easily said "If you make a goodie justice and you cant handle the rules and pressure, you sure as fuck better quit humping the oven cause you're gonna get burnt." I dont think immortals or mortals for that matter are here to make the life of the justice's easier and that is most of the time what happens. I know they have strict rules, but they are easy to live by with as much as they get in the way of cabal skills.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject:

remember lawful goods are under specific rp constraints too. they are mostly pacifists and should they be over zealous in making goods get flagged and hunting them down, they'll be outcasted.

i think good aligned justices not only open up the field for good roleplay, its necessary to keep the balance. after all, would you like the justice cabal filled with only evils and bloodthirsty neutrals? i really don't think so.

scenario: me (paladin knight) running in to help Mordrac (paladin justice) when he was fighting evil criminals, then running away from him and the special guard while asking for his forgiveness.. while Mikhael (invoker knight) would defend himself against all Justices including goods like Tayer.. really made for an interesting situation. decisions decisions.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: