Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 17 hours.

Legion nerfed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Another one bites the dust.

The members of Legion at the time of the changes were responsible for making it a strict rule instead of one that was to be enforced by the mortal/immortal leader. I don't even know who the mortal leader was during this period but I had thought that it was his responsibility to make sure that his soldiers wern't running rampant.

As mortal leader of Legion your main desire is to make yourself the most feared character in AR. Your second main desire is to make Legion the most feared. It used to say right in the book something like 'Fighting in groups does not instill fear'. That being said, as mortal leader of Legion you had better make damned sure that you are not running a group pkfest. Sure, if Legions are killing people 3v1 or 2v1 every time they log on, individuals might 'fear' the righteous gangbang of doom. But there is no way in hell that anybody is going to have any respect for the cabal. Personally I would rather have someone quit out when I log on because they think 'Damn that guy is a monster and I don't want to die', than have them think 'Oh look three trash legions, I wonder what they plan on doing'.

Bottom line: It is the MEMBERS and LEADERS of legion that are responsible for having the no assistance mandate made into a RULE. Instead of wanting the cabal to be feared for each individual's skill they decided to just have fun stomping people into the ground, using the oh-so-convenient gangbang.

0 0 0
TheOneAndOnly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Amen and Hallelujah!

0 0 0
b00mslang

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: Another one bites the dust.

Kalist19 wrote:
The members of Legion at the time of the changes were responsible for making it a strict rule instead of one that was to be enforced by the mortal/immortal leader. I don't even know who the mortal leader was during this period but I had thought that it was his responsibility to make sure that his soldiers wern't running rampant.

Heh, that was the problem. There WAS no mortal leader.
Just me and Davairus, until Katriena popped up a while later.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject:

and then there was a mortal leader. problem solved =D

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Oh, you're wondering why there's no mortal leader, even though there's capable people on board. For mortal leaders of cabals, I want people who I can trust to make sure people get what they deserve when they fuck the guidelines up (demotion, uninduct, in the style that I've shown). Legion has a bad track record for that sadly. This condition applies to all cabal leaders by the way

edit: and those of you wondering about the small amount of Legions. I suggest that newb pkers go for Knights, and the better people go for Warlords. That way, any half-decent Legion can mow down everyone on the mud. And the small amount of Legions wont seem a problem. Excellent.

0 0 0
b00mslang

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
edit: and those of you wondering about the small amount of Legions. I suggest that newb pkers go for Knights, and the better people go for Warlords. That way, any half-decent Legion can mow down everyone on the mud. And the small amount of Legions wont seem a problem. Excellent.

I don't get it.

0 0 0
E-ant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject:

me neither, only noobs go to legion

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject:

He means that a decent legion can kill a newbie knight. A decent legion can also kill a good warlord. Hence; nubs in knights and good people in warlords = no competition for legion.

0 0 0
b00mslang

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Ahh...by half decent he means better than nub/good.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject:

dav's edit translated:

since knights skills are much better than legion, less experienced pkers still have a fighting chance (and maybe numbers too) versus the more experienced legions. legions don't have anything near stallion, however they do have evil underhanded tactics at their disposal which empower them to use their heads. if you haven't guessed it yet, every single thing about the current AR from top to bottom is about balance. knights have buff skills? take away their underhanded tactics (stick em to a code of chivalry), ease their entry requirements (legions are more demanding), and continue to emphasize that Legions are the cream of the crop (and thus making more experienced players want to play a Legionnaire while having a lower number of experienced mass killers at any given moment).

knights are buff, let the newbies try em out.

warlords have good skills but equire strict honor and no dirty fighting; let those who are up to a challenge join em.

legions are supposed to be the cream of the crop (besides assassins) and have pretty lose guidelines.. let only a few of AR's most skilled pkers OR half-decent players who learn how to exploit other peoples' disadvantages try to live up to that expectation. these disadvantages include Justice and their law loopholes, knights and their chivalry, warlords and their honor, etc.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject:

Noobs go for every cabal, not just Legion. Since we're screening at 35 its easy for a noob to slip under the net and get something he didn't deserve. Its also easy for an average player to look 'elite', because its 35.

Because of that, every Legion is re-tested when they reach rank 50 to see if they were just hype or not. The outcome of that test decides whether they get uninducted right then. So while I can assure you that level 50 legions will have the ability to kick your ass all over the place when they're on form (everyone has bad days), I am not making any promises about the quality of its lowbies.

0 0 0
AcidAngel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Another one bites the dust.

Kalist19 wrote:
The members of Legion at the time of the changes were responsible for making it a strict rule instead of one that was to be enforced by the mortal/immortal leader.

Bottom line: It is the MEMBERS and LEADERS of legion that are responsible for having the no assistance mandate made into a RULE. Instead of wanting the cabal to be feared for each individual's skill they decided to just have fun stomping people into the ground, using the oh-so-convenient gangbang.

Well well well. I would say I'm surprised this thread ever got this long. but then again only about 3 people ever understood the original complaint, and ignorant people sure do love to chime in. I played a dreadlord shaman in legion called Quexis. I would frequently log on and fight vs multiple pks by my self. I know there were a handful of exceptionally skilled players in Legion at the time, and on several occasions they did the same. Sure there were plenty of times that there was group warfare going on but only a very few when any grouped legions fought against lesser numbers. Most of those times it was DIRECTLY after we had killed one of the knights or warlords we were fighting against, which took them out of the fight.

The complaint was not about making it harder for me, or for the other players. My original and ultimate complaint was and IS that the cabal of Legion should not have to be weakened just because it has/had more skilled players. The cabal skills don't make up for the loss of spells from people you interact with day in and day out. My issue was that Davairus suddenly wanted to make Legion more similar to assassins, and that nobody in Legion at the time had signed up for that. I had issue with messing up a good cabal that was definately NOT overpowered, and I had issue with pulling the rug out from under the members who were current at that time. Kalist do not pretend that any one of us in legion could not hang with any 2-3 other 50s at that time.

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Acid, Quexis was the only one of the bunch with any wish whatsoever to fight alone. From what I noticed almost every other legionaire would rather have had someone else with him, spell him up, heal him, get him shit to help with killing.. or any and all of the above. I have a feeling Davairus knows the difference between a skilled player and a bunch of mass pking. Dont you?

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject:

I think this is the longest thread ever.

0 0 0
Merindol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: ..

I agree with acid angel, however things happen for a reason. Legion should be based upon skill.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

0 0 0
Niktoo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Skillz with a Z...

0 0 0
Altheripper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I have a feeling Davairus knows the difference between a skilled player and a bunch of mass pking. Dont you?

I agree with this. It should probably be dealt with on an individual basis rather than judging the whole cabal.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: