Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 1 hour.

Rend life

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Rend life

Hellstream demolishes through sanc. 1 1/2 round lag of getting pwnt. Afflictive save lowers.
Rend life demolishes through sanc. 1 round lag with leet zombies. No save lowers.
Balance needed? Perhaps. Am i looking at it wrong? Perhaps.

I am posting this to hear thoughts from the rest of the Players/imms. So, no flames. Flames prove retardation. Retard is allowed to flame.

0 0 0
Eloret
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Each class is going to have draw backs vs other classes. Invokers get sanctuary, Necros do not. If you want to look at it that way, dispel them and then hellstream then hard or chain lightning. It is not easy I know but I am just pointing out differences as well.

0 0 0
Arishel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Invokers also have shield block, and can wield maces (best one hand parry).

Necros have only parry, and are limited to polearm (Good two handed parry weapon) or exotic (not so good parry weapon).

Necros also have other spells they COULD use, but with the afflictive or mal breaks needed lessens there hit points (as does rend life).

Invokers have a wide variety of spells to deal damage, plus a shield that they can envelope themselves in.

I think it seems fairly balanced, IMO.

0 0 0
geadin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject:

I always thought it was pretty rough fighting necromancers, however there is a lot a player can do to tone them down. Their rend life spell is dependant on their damroll. so if I was playing a rogue I'd try to blackjack them, and pry their scythe or sickle or any damage gear they have( of course I'd master pry first) then wait for their protective shield/aura to drop. You can dirt them and their pets won't attack. Also I'd try to trip them so they would be lagged and couldn't flee/rend life as much. If I was a class with summon I'd just summon their pets away and then give chase. Warriors would have a hard time fighting them if they have 3 zombies which can do four attacks each. They'd have to dual wield then flee/murder or trip them. Also they'd have to watch our for their ward to drop and go for a disarm which will remove a ton of damage from rend life. Paladins can flee/wrath them or use flamestrike to try to blind them thus their pets would be useless (and of course paladins can summon). Invokers probably have the hardest time fighting them. basicly you'd have to flee and hellstream and hope that you burn some of their damage gear. And always use maldictive saves, like -50, -55. You don't want sleep landing on you and then get spelled up. and as usual have gyvel potions. Also, kill them before they get their zombies! It can take them forever to gain one.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject:

Nah invokers dont have it so bad. Invoker vs necro isnt too bad a combo. Invoker has longer sanc, and shield block, and a perfectly timed hellstream and its game over.

0 0 0
Niusan
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject:

Being how Necromancers hold a tight flame to Resatimm's heart, I am sure they have a balanced being in game. Not only that, we all tend to find equal stance in classes and I believe that the spell damage we are discussing about seem to hold a balance of classes. I have read that everyone has posted as such, but I am just making a blunt observation of experience. P.S. sorry about the spelling. I am drastically tired (four nights in a row with max four hours of sleep) and need to sleep.

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject:

Ok, lookit:

Max rend life needs max dam roll. If a necro is doing that much damage, you can be certain he has about 550-600 hps MAX. That means you just have to be using the proper method to kill him. Flee when he has a fresh purple potion quaff, attack after the tick, you just have to battle a bit, his sanc falls, and he doesnt have the health to fall back on.

A GOOD necromancer will have a balance between damage and health and will not hit that high of a rend life. Max rend life is appropriate in certain situations but will end up in death against a competent foe.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject:

thank all of you for the responses, I really do appreciate it.

0 0 0
Fireballer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject:

the only balance is raping a necro before they get their zombie/golem army. once they do, you're fucked. So while all other classes can be taken out by outfighting them, using tricks, a necro who isnt afk will rape you once a full army they have. thats they way it is, their balance is in the preprepped stage, not in the fighting stage.

Resatimm wrote:
Ok, lookit:

Max rend life needs max dam roll. If a necro is doing that much damage, you can be certain he has about 550-600 hps MAX.

you dont need any health if you get lucky with parry, land a sleep - blind - poison - etc etc... then you just wake up the mark with a rend and zombies. one or two rounds and they're over. not one class can do that other than a berserker with supreme luck in damage, hitting, etc. invoker has shield block, but it also has a lack of weapon knowledge, such as polearm or flail. thats a 25% loss in parry effectiveness of mace already right? and in shield blocking it. foreign weapon type.

Last edited by Fireballer on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Thats not true. I have had three strength damned 54s and still been raped by murder flee from a warrior. As an invoker I have killed necros with three zombies, same with my ranger, korack killed a prepared rend necro.

(stupid android.)

0 0 0
Fireballer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject:

can I see the logs so I can tell if these are afk/stupid players?

Corzen wrote:
Each class is going to have draw backs vs other classes. Invokers get sanctuary, Necros do not. If you want to look at it that way, dispel them and then hellstream then hard or chain lightning. It is not easy I know but I am just pointing out differences as well.

a dispel means a whole round with a necro rending and their zombies, and then you still might not actually dispel their sanc. Iow, It means youre doing no damage for a probability of hitting something that can help you do lots of damage, in return for getting done a lot of damage. say about 1/5th your health, if you have giant health or get lucky in defenses.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject:

If necros are that powerful, make one and destroy everyone.

0 0 0
Fireballer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject:

and the 30 min - 1 hour prep time? no thanks.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject:

Im afraid I dont keep logs that long, but If you want to you could probably browse invokation and find some of them.

0 0 0
Niusan
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject:

L'sigh. This topic ended a month ago with proper and rather mature discussion with a real closure.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:13 am    Post subject:

Fireballer seems to be bumping multiple aged threads...which suggests to me he was out of town or otherwise incapacitated so why not post now that he's able? Just saying.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: