Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 3 hours.

Srsly?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dispater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Srsly?

You still havent fixed this bugged rating shit?

As you don't get rating for a kill when someone KS'es you or the said enemy bleeds to death or dies to teleport? This current system is crap and should be somewhat of a priority!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Is that a suggestion or a complaint?

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject:

it's a horse.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Srsly?

Dispater wrote:
You still havent fixed this bugged rating shit?

As you don't get rating for a kill when someone KS'es you or the said enemy bleeds to death or dies to teleport? This current system is crap and should be somewhat of a priority!

I bet you're going to see Dav run out and fix it right now since you asked in such a pleasant manner. You just watch.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject:

I don't appreciate the tone on the forums, but he's obviously right about his point... rating is kinda broken and looked like something that needs an overhaul. Being right about that exonerates him just a bit. And what I've done is I've looked at it.

Currently the rating change is dependent on just who last-hits who. Those are the only two guys that change rating. Say people were gangbanging.. then the gangbangers don't gain any rating. Neither do they lose any rating when their groupmates die. But their presence interferes with the rating calculation. Sometimes its fair and sometimes it isn't.

You can see how this is harmful. For one it sucks for players that support, and don't play those kind of 3 mangles a round characters that are almost guaranteed to get last hits. Anyone who has tried to do the oaken beasts levelling quest knows what a difference it makes. Another is just, like Dispater said, someone walking up and ganking your kill after you did most of the work. Another way of looking at it, is someone with good rating could hide behind groupmates, who take the deaths for them, while they wouldnt even lose much rating if they died because of the group penalty.

Of course ...any attempt to address those problems opens up abuses which would make things worse than the present situation. Imagine someone attacks you and then some trash immediately suicides on the attacker to deliberately tank your rating by massive points. This is why it ultimately has to stay dependent on who last-hits who.

So you can either ignore it. or enjoy it for what it is.. that's all I can say. I am not going to modify it. It is what it is. I would love for it to work better because our Keepers cabal is essentially a rating-difference moderator (big rating => death by Keeper) and that's why I don't like that stat is a bit troublesome. Before you say Keepers shouldn't moderate ratings then, keep in mind that nobody even gave a damn about it before the Keepers were placed on duty. As it stands, it is pretty reasonable. I think it would be to everyone's detriment if I mucked it around any more than the last couple changes I made.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Would you consider tweaking things for if you die due to starvation, thirst, or teleporting, if you have defensive or aggresive adrenaline? I've been in a few fights where I actually emerged the victor (doesn't happen often!!) due to the other guy starving to death in front of my eyes.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Yeah that does sound reasonable. I have lost kills many times to teleport, only ever seen someone starve to death in front of me once... but all of those times I should of gotten the kill. Maybe some kind of timer? Like dying to a mob while aggressive adrenaline or something?

0 0 0
Pops

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject:

I don't know. I think folks pay way too much attention to rating. The stats are nice to have, don't get me wrong. Nice to see how many kills you had when you delete, and be able to see who the active pkers are for the month if you're not playing. That being said, I think people have started to judge their own, and others characters by their rating more than their actual interactions. Thats a sad sad thing. Point in case, if you hunt someone down and they die to a teleport death, you should be thinking either "damn, I don't get their gear" or "wahoo! I got 'im!" not "geez, I wish I got credit for that". Paying attention to rating in game seems to degrade the experience to me. Turns characters into numbers. (That being said, I do agree having Keepers focus on high rated players seems like a good idea)

Just my two cents

edit:

I just thought of something too. Does keeper rating duties mean that a skilled killer can just gank his way away from their wrath? I.E. Ygin gets tired of fighting Oreno, so she kills a few heralds and he has to leave her alone?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: