Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 3 hours.

Give forge to all cabals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozaru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Give forge to all cabals

So after a lengthy keeper career over multiple characters and then playing a few human rangers along the way non keeper, the major difference is forge. With Oreno my base hit dam was around 28 hit and 38 dam including a 5/5 weapon. Unfortunately that is a huge difference for people trying to compete with someone with really great gear and a great weapon. I found fights much harder as a non keeper ranger than as a keeper ranger just because of the weapon difference.

An easy fix for this would be to give forge to all cabals to level the playing field which would really help the lack of rare items or the inability to have a group to get those rare items. I would say leave keeper forge the way it is, but give cabals a skill to sharpen weapons where it just "enchants" but doesn't increase the average dam. So something like sevoken starts are 4 hit 1 dam, but if you take a chance to sharpen it who knows what can happen. increasing your hit/dam through your weapon can easily make up for the lack of rare eq that isn't around.

A lot of things have been implemented to supplement a lack of rare eq, you can make eq with ores (personally I hate this, it takes a really long time and it isn't that easy to do) I would rather do a quest to get a silver girth or something rather than just killing 100 golems and then end up screwing up the process wasting the last 2 hrs.

Purchasing items from shops, there is nothing worse then a rot death item, even the person killing you can't use it which seems lame. Spoils of war should be open to all. This piggy backs on the loot limit of a corpse I whole heartedly disagree with this. Everytime I have died and lost my sweet gear I probably rage deleted cuz I knew it was gone. But every time I killed someone with sweet gear I wanted it all LOL. So I would rather be able to take everything and lose everything than take 1 or 2 items and giving that person a decent chance at coming back and waxing me.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Battlefield
Gameplay forum - for discussion of the existing skills, spells, songs, potions, etc. Information about cabal powers and vampires may not be disclosed here, to preserve mystique.

Other than that, this post confuses me. So you're saying keepers are too powerful, so all cabals need to be as powerful as them? You realize not everyone joins a cabal, right? Or is it just that you're tired of playing a keeper, you want to try another cabal, but you don't want to lose the keeper skills you're used to playing with?

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject:

I was a bit confused after I read it also my message wasn't very clear.

Keeper werebeast ranger in TT with forge weapon has a hit of 28 and dam of 38. In beast form that changes to 39 38. What is unfair to the average player is the fact that keepers can make 5/5 weapons in some cases 6/5. Its very rare that a weapon comes 5/5 or higher which creates a huge advantage.

A basic set of armor will probably get you 30 dam and 22 hit, but then add a 5/5 weapon on top of that things get to be more interesting. Now a set of spiked light steel and frost burned bracelets and the whole deal of course will get you in the high 30s without a weapon. And of course if you have great eq, you probably have a great weapon to compliment it.

What I am saying is for cabals where more often then not you are running around in malicious beast or regal radiance with darkhaven weapons seems to be the only option. Personally I find it frustrating to have a bejewelled battle axe ave 24 at 2/2 when as a keeper you can make a much better axe with a cabal skill. At the very least a legion or knight should be able to sharpen that axe to keep up with keepers.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject:

Well what I'm probably gonna do is allow a keeper only one forged weapon at a time.. so that you don't have full golfbag of weapons by spending a lot of spare time. And just a minor ave nerf, since that's a little too high. But uniqueness is the thing I would prefer first and foremost. I don't like the versatility it brings.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Well what I'm probably gonna do is allow a keeper only one forged weapon at a time.. so that you don't have full golfbag of weapons by spending a lot of spare time. And just a minor ave nerf, since that's a little too high. But uniqueness is the thing I would prefer first and foremost. I don't like the versatility it brings.

Great idea. I think experimenting with the number of forged weapons allowed would be in order, naturally. I remember getting some pretty damn high averages when I found level 43 or so nonrare weapons, so a max ave check regardless of weapon level would probably be cool.

Ozaru, if everyone got forge, no one would use rare weapons. I guess that would mean there would be more for your uncaballed to hoard (not an ad hominem your, more like a "one's" but less pretentious).

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject:

wtf are you talking about with your ad hominem crap. Anyway one forged weapon is a good idea, but then again my forge for everyone in a cabal would be more like making the weapons the same as the ones you could purchase in winter or darkhaven. Making an even playing field with the advantage of atonement plus the buff weapons it seems a bit over the top.

One thing I realized with lets say a bejewelled axe at 2/2 it doesn't really affect duergars because of favored weapons so in that case it is balanced. But for the rest of the race/class combo its a pretty big disadvantage especially now with weapon type and combat type modules. I guess what would be a neat trick would be to have a mob that can enchant weapons for a price. Its pretty lame to have a withering scythe ave 24/25 polearm and no bonus to it.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject:

I think forge for all cabals is ridiculous, unless you were to stipulate that if a char has a forged weapon, then they can't be carrying a rare weapon. making forge a viable option when re-equiping, but not after. Then again, isn't that the downside of dying... re-equiping? so in that case it makes cabals all that much more advantageous.

As for the keeper being restricted to one forged item, I don't know any of the changes to the cabal after I left, though I did notice the freezing, shocking, flaming bite actually doing additional stuff. I think Chill touch was one of them. Back to the point, This only further makes classes that can make their own weapons a better choice for keeper. You forge one heavily needed item, and create a bad ass ranger bow/pretty good ninja weapon.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject:

I like easy buttons too.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: