Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 11 hours.

Reputation Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TothLensol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: Reputation Idea

I was reading a thread on here that mentioned how reputations are basically nonexistent now and I had an idea... How about if your reputation is dependent on how much others on the mud talk about you? Everytime someone says your name it goes up, so "I can't go out of my guild, Bob is here" would result in Bob's reputation increasing a bit. The more reputation points you had could maybe result in a tiny luck boost or something, but I don't think it would even have to do anything to be interesting. It would be nice to know what kind of an impact you were making. Of course some tweaks would have to be made, like characters can't boost another character's rep from the same ip, one rep boost from a single character per five minutes or something like that. If reputations are to remain intact, it could also be something like "infamy" (I guess that should be for evils) and "notoriety" for goods or something, you get the idea. What does everyone think?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject:

Its a bit open to OOC abuse especially with things like luck boost involved.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject:

sounds like some advanced coding stuff. without the potential for abuse, i'd say its an imaginative idea.

0 0 0
mogu242

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject:

yeah it'd also be funny because people with annoyingly long and unpronouncable names would never get reps because people would always misspell their names when talking about them. thank god for autocomplete

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: